CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Taking Photos While Riding?

Whats the trick? Been wanting to try my hand at this because I dont getmuch lense time anymore. Do you use a strap and keep the lense at 30 or 35mm with a fast shutter like street photography?

MadRiverMoCo

fast shutter, mirrorless will double your focal length so the 75mm f1.8 MFT mount Olympus prime is actually a 150mm lens in Nikon/Canon speak...

Get Adobe Flash player

Whoa whoa whoa im reading Chinese. Can we get some tips for the dummies in here too? And or some lessons on camera stuff.for.those not in the know?

I usually use my cell phone. Gotten some ok pics and ive seem others get some pretty amazing pics.

Leep this going I love doing that stuff.

MadRiverMoCo

Alright - the F stop rating of a lens on a camera is how wide the opening gets and therefore how much light it lets in. Bottom line, smaller the F stop number, the bettter you can shoot in darker enviros. you crank the F higher to get more detail.

A prime lens is of a fixed focal length.
    A zoom lens changes it's focal length

Primes have lower f stops than zooms

Micro Four Thirds, NEX and Fuji all produce mirrorless cameras - aka the light through the lens goes directly to the sensor - it is not refracted like in DSLR so the lens length (the amount of zoom) is actually a 2 times crop (meaning a micro 4/3rds lens marked 20mm is actually the DSLR equivalent of 40mm) - these cameras are not as powerful as their larger brethren but they do make up for that with size, ease of use and great prime lenses...

I'd lecture more right now but I have to run to class...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadRiverMoCo View Post
    Alright - the F stop rating of a lens on a camera is how wide the opening gets and therefore how much light it lets in. Bottom line, smaller the F stop number, the bettter you can shoot in darker enviros. you crank the F higher to get more detail.

A prime lens is of a fixed focal length.
    A zoom lens changes it's focal length

Primes have lower f stops than zooms

Micro Four Thirds, NEX and Fuji all produce mirrorless cameras - aka the light through the lens goes directly to the sensor - it is not refracted like in DSLR so the lens length (the amount of zoom) is actually a 2 times crop (meaning a micro 4/3rds lens marked 20mm is actually the DSLR equivalent of 40mm) - these cameras are not as powerful as their larger brethren but they do make up for that with size, ease of use and great prime lenses...

I'd lecture more right now but I have to run to class...

great stuff...hope to get mor yoda tips. I got me an Olympus PEN E-PL1 and love it. For riding pics i took a trick from the camera thread here and just had the lens ever so slightly zoomed in and just snapped away and cropped up the pictures later. Works good but the better i can get the pictures looking the happier i would be...figure since i actually have i decent camera now i should learn how to use it to its full potential

MadRiverMoCo

The truth is I know shit about photos - Ace has forgotten more than I'll ever know - but I got into them rewriting firmware and hacking them for video output (not that I've used those on my videos mind you) - I'll give another rundown of info shortly but got to lunch...

Get Adobe Flash player

Took these with a GoPro Hero2. Set it on interval pics 1/sec and just held it in my hand.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've used my Canon DSLR camera mounted on my Ram Mount. The mount is SOLID and never had an issue with it moving while riding. I've also used it on cars, dirt bike etc.

http://www.rammount.com/Products/Cam...t.aspx#/wizard

Get Adobe Flash player

Love this pic
    [/QUOTE]

MadRiverMoCo

Quote Originally Posted by thelowlife View Post
    I've used my Canon DSLR camera mounted on my Ram Mount. The mount is SOLID and never had an issue with it moving while riding. I've also used it on cars, dirt bike etc.

http://www.rammount.com/Products/Cam...t.aspx#/wizard
    Really?

I've been terrified to mount my little GF1 on my ram mounts - it didn't cause any issue with vibs in the camera?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tuberider1995 View Post
    Love this pic
    [/QUOTE]

definate gnar

Get Adobe Flash player

iphone. wear a vest and keep it in your front pocket, snap a pic and slide back into pocket

Get Adobe Flash player

I wanna see the near fatality pic , completely crooked , about to eat pavement because I needed to yank out my iPhone and fuck with the camera plus app to get Instagram props pic

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by backwithabang View Post
    I wanna see the near fatality pic , completely crooked , about to eat pavement because I needed to yank out my iPhone and fuck with the camera plus app to get Instagram props pic
    We're much better than that.

If men are capable of flying jets and moving all sorts of knobs and levers while traveling at insane speeds, buffeted by trans-sonic wind, while communicating with comrades AND remaining alert for multiple incoming threats... then we can certainly ride one handed for a few seconds.

Set your sights higher, my man.

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^ what he said please

Get Adobe Flash player

I always end up not being able to take pics cause my phone is always onthe wrong pocket and I can get it out while riding

Get Adobe Flash player

i've gotten some pretty good riding pics from my iphone using the video camera then taking pictures from the video.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you take them with an iPhone, hold the phone upside down so you can have a firm grip on it and tap the shutter button with your index finger. Flip and crop the photos later. Works like a charm. Always leave it on the camera app or have it where you can slide open directly to the camera app when riding.

Get Adobe Flash player

The few times I've done it I've use a Cannon Elph on a lanyard around my neck. I'm not pulling my phone out of my pocket, and a DSLR is way to big for me to screw with and ride at the same time. With the lanyard I can drop it anytime and not worry about a thing. If I want pro pics, I'll hire a pro to ride next to me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by dougt View Post
    The few times I've done it I've use a Cannon Elph on a lanyard around my neck. I'm not pulling my phone out of my pocket, and a DSLR is way to big for me to screw with and ride at the same time. With the lanyard I can drop it anytime and not worry about a thing. If I want pro pics, I'll hire a pro to ride next to me.
    Yeah lanyards and cameras are my preference to but I lost my camera at a beer stop this summer in the delta so I finally got brave enough to just start reaching for the phone until I can replace my camera. There is a redneck in the MS delta with my fucking camera and I'm gonna hunt his fatass down at the Napa auto parts store in the spring. Rant over, sorry! I know, beer stops, Napa, fat rednecks, it didn't make sense then either.

Share This