• Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyRainbow
    • Apr 2012

Well now.

Comment

• Halwade
      • Apr 2024

Billdozer always did a better job of moderating the site than I did, but yes, neither of us plans to bone out 100%.

The stuff in the miles store is what it is, and we hadn't planned on sweetening the pot for last-minute premium shoppers. The free stuff we give away on this free website is better and more plentiful than the free stuff they give away on other free websites, so this decision seems fair.

Good look and have fun, gentlemen, and thanks to all the well-wishers and back-patters on here for their words of encouragement and support.

Support like yours is why we did ChopCult for this long.

McGoo

Comment

• Rubman
        • Dec 2011

Said it on Facebook and I'll say it here:

How much money did you two make when you sold us out to a big-time company that cares only about managing websites and nothing about motorcycles/motorcycle building/motorcycle culture? Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad you were able to sell the site and make some squeeze off of it for all your time and hard work... But let's not pretend this is something it isn't.

Comment

• jluck27
          • Aug 2009

I think it sucks too, but let's not forget what Chopcult has done for us. All the sponsorship and giveaways. Unfortunately, everything changes. Good luck Bill and McGoo

Comment

• Rubman
            • Dec 2011

I don't think it sucks at all. These two put money, time, and dedication into their brainchild for four years. But I'd just prefer it if we all didn't start clapping our hands like this was some kind of honorable, must-be-done, we-weren't-just-paid-money-to-sell-our-website-to-some-(most likely)foreign-company-who-gives-zero-fucks-about-our-deep-and-intimate-culture situation. It is what it is, and I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors.

Comment

• Bonnevilleray
              • Jul 2011

JJ got new owners, the Browns did the same .. Now C.C. Nothing to do but sit back and wait and see.....
              Good luck.and thanks for the time and effort you've all put in to this sight.

Comment

• 904Punk
                • Jun 2012

Well shit, all I can say is thanks for everything guys, learned a ton and met some good people around here. Here's hoping for the best for you two and the site.

Comment

• maastokuvio
                  • Jun 2011

Well, it was fun as long as it lasted.
                  Could we PLEASE get the "Greatest Hits" back when the new bosses roll in? That was the feature that made me join the CC in the first place, to see that all that information was neatly organized in one place, instead of it being scattered around the forum.

Comment

• jackietuxedo
                    • Feb 2010

fuck

Comment

• Rubman
                      • Dec 2011

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Comment

• justafurnaceman
                        • Aug 2009

Well that sucks. Like others have said, thanks for the good times, good luck with what lies ahead and here's to hoping that the new owners let this place continue to be what it is; a good place for us motorcycle enthusiasts to get together and share some knowledge and hang out.

Comment

• Beefdrippings
                          • Sep 2009

Does Biltwell have to pay for advertising now?Ha!Seriously though,thanks for everything and good luck.

Comment

• Sharky
                            • Mar 2010

Does this mean Billdozer can't hate us anymore?

Comment

• Halwade
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Rubman
                              I don't think it sucks at all. These two put money, time, and dedication into their brainchild for four years. But I'd just prefer it if we all didn't start clapping our hands like this was some kind of honorable, must-be-done, we-weren't-just-paid-money-to-sell-our-website-to-some-(most likely)foreign-company-who-gives-zero-fucks-about-our-deep-and-intimate-culture situation. It is what it is, and I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors.
                              Said it on Facebook and I'll say it here:

Rubman, you strike me as supremely douche-like and pretty goddamned full of yourself for someone who knows even less about the terms of our deal than you say the new owners know about motorcycles.

My advice: take your Rutgers educated ass back to facebook where polo shirt bathroom mirror cell phone self-portraits belong.

Self-righteousness like yours is one reason I wanted out of the SocNet game.

Thanks for nothing.

Comment

• LinkBelt
                                • Oct 2010

Bill and Halwade, thanks for all your effort and hard work you've put into this place to create such good memorys for us all. To all the other 33ers, yes it sucks being taken over by corporate America but Bill and Halwade created this place, we as 33ers made it what it is and can keep it this way. Thank you Bill and Halwade enjoy your new found wealth now you two can take it easy for awhile.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;