CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

JJ got new owners, the Browns did the same .. Now C.C. Nothing to do but sit back and wait and see.....
    Good luck.and thanks for the time and effort you've all put in to this sight.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well shit, all I can say is thanks for everything guys, learned a ton and met some good people around here. Here's hoping for the best for you two and the site.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well, it was fun as long as it lasted.
    Could we PLEASE get the "Greatest Hits" back when the new bosses roll in? That was the feature that made me join the CC in the first place, to see that all that information was neatly organized in one place, instead of it being scattered around the forum.

Get Adobe Flash player

fuck

Get Adobe Flash player

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Well that sucks. Like others have said, thanks for the good times, good luck with what lies ahead and here's to hoping that the new owners let this place continue to be what it is; a good place for us motorcycle enthusiasts to get together and share some knowledge and hang out.

Get Adobe Flash player

Does Biltwell have to pay for advertising now?Ha!Seriously though,thanks for everything and good luck.

Get Adobe Flash player

Does this mean Billdozer can't hate us anymore?

Halwade

Quote Originally Posted by Rubman View Post
    I don't think it sucks at all. These two put money, time, and dedication into their brainchild for four years. But I'd just prefer it if we all didn't start clapping our hands like this was some kind of honorable, must-be-done, we-weren't-just-paid-money-to-sell-our-website-to-some-(most likely)foreign-company-who-gives-zero-fucks-about-our-deep-and-intimate-culture situation. It is what it is, and I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors.
    Said it on Facebook and I'll say it here:

Rubman, you strike me as supremely douche-like and pretty goddamned full of yourself for someone who knows even less about the terms of our deal than you say the new owners know about motorcycles.

My advice: take your Rutgers educated ass back to facebook where polo shirt bathroom mirror cell phone self-portraits belong.

Self-righteousness like yours is one reason I wanted out of the SocNet game.

Thanks for nothing.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bill and Halwade, thanks for all your effort and hard work you've put into this place to create such good memorys for us all. To all the other 33ers, yes it sucks being taken over by corporate America but Bill and Halwade created this place, we as 33ers made it what it is and can keep it this way. Thank you Bill and Halwade enjoy your new found wealth now you two can take it easy for awhile.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Get Adobe Flash player

Does this mean the Biltwell blog will come back to their website? I sure miss that one.

heretic530

In a recent PM conversation with Billdozer, I asked about a Biltwell account for my own shop. He told me that they had a deal with a larger supplier, which I think will make their products much more accessible and. and commonplace. It is cool for me, because I all ready have an account with the new parts supplier...
    But what I think this means is that their main business and primary income is growing. They need more time away from the computer, and in the shop...With that in mind, I think we should all support them in their efforts instead of being so concerned with our own thoughts of loss

for my own part, I am going to be proud to have their parts in my inventory

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Bill and McGoo! Good Luck .

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Halwade View Post
    Said it on Facebook and I'll say it here:

Rubman, you strike me as supremely douche-like and pretty goddamned full of yourself for someone who knows even less about the terms of our deal than you say the new owners know about motorcycles.

My advice: take your Rutgers educated ass back to facebook where polo shirt bathroom mirror cell phone self-portraits belong.

Self-righteousness like yours is one reason I wanted out of the SocNet game.

Thanks for nothing.
    Well, I mean, since you deleted your post from above like a pussy, I'll say the same thing here:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

And I don't care enough to write something separate, so i'll just copy and paste what i wrote on facebook here:

Oh, I'm sorry. The website was bought by a company. In this grand letter of resignation, we're told many things. Among those things, two stood out to me. The first being that a company has PURCHASED the website, chopcult.com. From whom did this mystery company purchase this website? The internet gods? No, you fucking idiots... They purchased it from the website's owners [this is neither good nor bad, it just is. don't get so fucking bent out of shape about it.]. And two, that the company who purchased the website doesn't know, or care about, motorcycle culture.

And in my response, i didn't throw out insults or say anything derogatory. I even said I was happy that some of their hard work and patience over the past four years has finally paid off.

I asked a rhetorical question and pointed this out for what it was. I didn't say anything bad about it, nor did i condemn ChopCult's creators for cashing in on their cow -- for $10 or $100,000, they sold the website. To a company who -- as mentioned in the letter itself -- knows nothing about motorcycles and motorcycle culture. That's all. If I was wrong, and the owners of ChopCult didn't sell their website, for money, to a company, who knows nothing about motorcycles, then let me know and I'll apologize. If they gave it all away in good faith to the ghost of David Mann, let me know and I'll start drafting an apology letter. Can everyone remove the two c-shaped balls from your mouths and relax yet?

--

and for the record, I have no idea why you're taking personal potshots at me. You just grabbed what ever you could from my facebook profile and threw it up as some kind of attempt at making this personal? yes, I went to college -- on federal grants, scholarship money, and student loans. without which i would have never considered higher education.

and yes, i wear ben sherman polo's. so....? and excuse me, but that was a solid fucking haircut from a truly incredible barber who could most certainly use the business. i don't get any of what anyone's mad about.

edit: and for someone calling people self-righteous, you sure are throwing a lot of insults and judgment calls out there. i thought making fun of people for the way they dress was reserved for high school jocks, but i was wrong.

good luck with everything!
    Last edited by Rubman; 01-05-2013 at 4:39 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

But what about features? Will you guys still be contributers in that respect?

rodbuster86

I guess Rubmans dream of collaborating with Biltwell on a line of biker polos with pre-popped collars is now dead.

billdozer

I'm not going to respond to the personal jabs up there^^ but I will say this. We thought it was important to let you know the company's intentions. What they do from here out will be there business, and your business. I hope this makes things better. I think empowering some smart, motivated folks from within the forum, adding some more moderators and such can give ChopCult a shot in the arm that it needs.

Me personally, I need less internet in my life. I'm better at being a good friend to a small group of people than a marginal one to a large group. I need the time to focus on family, full-time work and enjoying motorcycles. ChopCult has been really fun and I hope to just hang out and be a member. I might do an article or two once in a while if they will let me. I really enjoyed doing that stuff and we're working on a few more for the month of January. There is going to be a new person handling that stuff and it's someone a lot of you guys know and like. We'll announce that in the next couple days whenever that deal is done. That will be the first person in ChopCult history to actually get a paycheck, so that's cool to see. New moderators are going to be added (from existing members) and there will be a thread about that process in the next couple days. We're trying to leave this place in good running condition for the new guys and for you.

So good luck. Like I have said from day one, this place is what you make it. Let new mods and owners know what you think and there can be some positive changes. Sincere thanks from me to everyone who has been a part of it whether you chose to hang out or bail, I appreciate your involvement and I don't really hate you all - that's just a silly patch!

Get Adobe Flash player

People fear change, no surprise there. If CC goes down, another site will come up in its place. I think anyone that pays money for a site, though, has a vested interest in making it successful.

Get Adobe Flash player

well I say good for you guys. I have been gone for a while and not really been on here as much as I used to be and things have changed since I was on before but I think if the new dudes come on here and change shit that people dont like we will have no problem letting them know. If they are smart they will listen to the members of Chopcut and keep things right. If not fuck it if I dont like the new CC I will just not come on here any more. pretty simple really. either way there has been tons of shit I have learned from this place and a lot of good friends I've made from here so its been fun and I will still support the place.

Get Adobe Flash player

This thread is on it's way to the Junkpile already.

Rubman, you're attitude came through pretty crappy in your first post. It insinuated ill feelings at the expense of the sellers. I would have taken offense to it as well if I were them. I don't think you should be surprised at any defensive remarks.

Share This