CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 18 of 18 First ... 8161718

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

By the way, to all the people bitching about ads on the site, let me explain how and why site advertising is necessary. Site advertising creates traffic, and also pays to keep the site running and maintained so that you don't get charged to use the site. This is why you get to enjoy Chop Cult for free basically. Now, to bitch about Bill and Harold cashing in and selling the site, those that are bitching need to get over themselves. They footed the bill for the site since it's inception so you all could enjoy it for free, all the while juggling family, other business ventures and giving up their free time so they could run, maintain and moderate this forum along with Allen. All those bitching about them selling this site come across as whiny, ungrateful and having a false sense of self entitlement of something that never belonged to them in the first place because you were just guests here. Bill and Harold owe you nothing, but you all owe them a big thank you and gratitude for giving you somewhere to learn, vent, kill time, sell stuff for free, barter, meet people in your area and shoot the breeze. If it weren't for them, there would be no Chop Cult. So give some respect to Bill, Harold and Allen for giving us few solid years of good times.

rodbuster86

^ Ass kiss.
    HaHa

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rodbuster86 View Post
    ^ Ass kiss.
    HaHa
    Yep. Excellent audition Hooligan! Just busting your balls. I think you would do a fine job moderating.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'll just leave this here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358017143.192649.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	34178

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rodbuster86 View Post
    ^ Ass kiss.
    HaHa
    Thats called "a explanation" which surprisingly is very well needed here..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan80 View Post
    I totally agree with something you said. Rubman probably got the dollar amount from one of those stupid sites that estimates how much a website is worth by users, daily traffic, web hits, etc. Those numbers are about as accurate as getting real news from The Onion. I've seen this site valued at between $12,000 to $150,000 on those site, and that's a big fluctuation in price. It's no ones business but the people who built, ran and sold the site just like sohcool said, so if anyone wants to keep bitching about it, you know your way out, you don't have to sgay here. Anyways, I'm still offering my services to Kai Stream as a moderator, which I have gotten a reply, and Bill knows how I feel about this site, and if I get hired on as a moderator, which will also give me input with Kai Stream, I will try to persuade them to change as little as possible seeing as I've been on this site literally every day since I signed up, so I've seen what works and what doesn't sit well with members of the site. Like I said before, I think I'm one of the few that actually really cares about Chop Cult enough to seriously throw my hand in the running as a moderator instead of bitching about selling out or arguing. I'd like to see this site last for quite a bit longer and I have the time to do it.
    i don't believe i've ever mentioned a dollar amount on anything, related to anything.

Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by Rubman View Post
    who the fuck are you and where the fuck do you work? if 150 grand ain't a lot of money, by all means brother, you can mail me a fuckin' check.
    ? looks like a dollar amount to me?

Get Adobe Flash player

You know He tried to harsh my mellow over the comment,i was just stating it wasnt that much pay for the years of effort,from what i understand the owners sounded burnt out and needing to do things in there personal lives,and i thank them for what they have done.

Get Adobe Flash player

Even if Bill and Harold sold Chop Cult for $150,000, it's still not very much, considering they now have to report taxes on the sale, then split the money, most likely 50/50 if that's what they agree on. In the end, they may end up with about 50-60K each in pocket, which in this economy will pay off your bills, loans, and maybe give you enough money to put away for future bills or a nice down payment on a new vehicle o0r some much needed home remodeling. So, for those who still think they would have made off with big money, you'd still be wrong.

ARBY

Hey. Has anybody stopped to wonder if the sun will come up the day the new owners take command of the board? I mean everybody is fretting over blogdumps, no free stuff, tighter moderation. Has anyone realized that there are far more important issues at stake here? What if the sky isn't blue anymore? What if the rivers, lakes and oceans dry up? But mainly I'm really worried about the sun thing. Because if the sun doesn't come that day we're all fucked fer sure 'cuz like that's gonna affect everybody even the ones that don't post on Chop Cult.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan80 View Post
    Anyways, I'm still offering my services to Kai Stream as a moderator, which I have gotten a reply, and Bill knows how I feel about this site, and if I get hired on as a moderator, which will also give me input with Kai Stream, I will try to persuade them to change as little as possible seeing as I've been on this site literally every day since I signed up, so I've seen what works and what doesn't sit well with members of the site. Like I said before, I think I'm one of the few that actually really cares about Chop Cult enough to seriously throw my hand in the running as a moderator instead of bitching about selling out or arguing. I'd like to see this site last for quite a bit longer and I have the time to do it.
    More hassle than it's worth in my mind. lol I was a mod at customfighters.com, and the volume of hits was probably higher than here. Was such a clusterfuck all the time that I got right tired of it.

Wasn't so much a matter of not caring about the forum as it was not caring about it nearly as much as the real world life I have and responsibilities I have to maintain. That's why I say congrats and more power to them to the guys for selling. I never held ownership of CF and just being the only "technical forums moderator" was a migraine... I can't imagine having the whole ball of wax to keep track of.

Also, good moderators aren't always the ones who "care" the most. Think about JJ. Dragon cared a lot about JJ... so much that he was a raging fucking cunt bag about anything that didn't make his big stupid ass smile. The guy would only enforce the rules (and sometimes the made up ones in his retarded fucking head) for certain people. I think that asswad was a huge part of why that place went downhill over the last few years.

Not saying you wouldn't make a good moderator or anything like that, just speaking my mind from experience on the topic.

When you contacted them did you say "Hey guys, help me help you."

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleduster View Post
    ? looks like a dollar amount to me?
    no, that's the number that someone else threw out that said, "if you really think about it, $150,000 isn't a lot of money if you ask me."

typically, i find reading BEFORE i type things is usually the best way to go about doing this whole "internet" thing.

Knuckleduster

no, that's the number that someone else threw out that said, "if you really think about it, $150,000 isn't a lot of money if you ask me."

typically, i find reading BEFORE i type things is usually the best way to go about doing this whole "internet" thing.
    hmmmmm
    i don't believe i've ever mentioned a dollar amount on anything, related to anything.
    AFTER you said "if you really think about it, $150,000 isn't a lot of money if you ask me."
    Really it does not matter to me that you aren't the one that originally threw that number out,that is not the point of my argument with you. you did use a dollar amount, seems like yer tryin ta back pedal ta me, though it really honestly dont make a fuck to me! I just think its funny when folks say shit and then say I didnt say that , well right here shows you did. I really can and do read shit before I post, perhaps you should remember what you type?

Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by ridemore16 View Post
    Dude, I would just move on. This Rubman kid is an internet oracle that has never been wrong in his life. He thinks being the biggest asshole on two feet is a badge of honor. But what do I know...I'm a "know-nothing faggot" according to this Jersey Shore wannabe.
    I know right, but what tha hell, I needed to pass the time while my ramen noodles cooked. He kind of reminds me of, oh whats his name, cntrnub or whatever it was
    Last edited by Knuckleduster; 01-12-2013 at 9:43 PM.

billdozer

Enough bullshit.

Share This