CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 11 of 18 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Knuckleduster

Quote Originally Posted by sohcool View Post
    Yeah, well... you registered in 2012.

Just kiddin. If giving people shit in a personal way were not tolerated there'd be no forum here. Some people just put their own "kick me" sign on their back with the holier than thou attitude. If they didn't want to be kicked, they wouldn't put the sign there.

yea, I've been here much longer than that, though under a different name,no conspiracy or anything, I thought everyone knew that. Name calling is so 3rd grade, we're all adult's here, aren't we?

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by Trinda View Post
    obviously displeased. but congrats on cashing in - anyone here would do the same thing unless they're independently wealthy. I'm certainly not. Curious to see if a wave of people leave in February? Also curious as to why it was even brought up, if it's supposedly going to be an unnoticeable change. I'm new here so I can't judge or criticize or complain, but I've always preferred the independent, anti-establishment feel of the place. I have trouble believing that will stick around once professionally managed.
    They brought it up because they were just putting it right out there honestly. Also Bill and Magoo are very connected to the people behind these keyboards, they are out there among us at shows and events so it would be very awkward for them to not say anything. Plus that would be very douchey to just walk away.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleduster View Post
    yea, I've been here much longer than that, though under a different name,no conspiracy or anything, I thought everyone knew that. Name calling is so 3rd grade, we're all adult's here, aren't we?
    I don't remember calling anyone names in 3rd grade. I was still eating paste.

Trinda

Quote Originally Posted by xllance View Post
    They brought it up because they were just putting it right out there honestly. Also Bill and Magoo are very connected to the people behind these keyboards, they are out there among us at shows and events so it would be very awkward for them to not say anything. Plus that would be very douchey to just walk away.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I suppose they're better people than me. I would have douched it up and pulled up to shows on a pan head flat head twin engined unicorn diamond incrusted dream machine in a pimp suit and laughed at everyone. followed by a bath in money. I suppose that makes them better than I, though.

xllance

Quote Originally Posted by Trinda View Post
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. I suppose they're better people than me. I would have douched it up and pulled up to shows on a pan head flat head twin engined unicorn diamond incrusted dream machine in a pimp suit and laughed at everyone. followed by a bath in money. I suppose that makes them better than I, though.
    There's a good chance that's on Magoo's bucket list.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by xllance View Post
    And anytime you had a CC question Bill and McGoo get phone calls, emails, and smoke signals. Telling everyone that they were not owners anymore is a pretty good way to stop those contacts and let everyone know it's in somebody elses hands. I mean is if moved you'd probably tell your friends and family you don't live there anymore. I don't feel betrayed by the sale or the announcement. I would feel that way if they hadn't told us and I found out later through the grapevine though.

As for the bickering? I love it. I'm very pleased to see others are as miserable and angry as I am. Please keep up the good work.

Get Adobe Flash player

Everybody keeps assumeing that Bill and McGoo sold this thing for big bucks.
    But no one knows what they got for it. And no one knows if they made a dime off of it.
    Judgeing by the amount of free shit they gave away and the miles traveled just to give away free shit. And given that there have been only a handful of advertisers on here.
    I doubt they made much at all off of it.
    They did this to SUPPORT THE SCENE!

Biltwell Inc. is thier business . No conspiracy , quite to the dismay of some.
    This website is and was and outlet to exchange ideas and promote grass roots chopper stuff.
    I dont think it has ever been about makeing money.

And lastly if they made money or not , is NOT MY BUSINESS.
    or yours.
    Its thier lifes , they can spend thier time and money how they want to.

I wish them luck and thank them for all they have done for the scene ( and me personally)
    And hope to see em out at the events.

As far as 33 goes. I will continue to contribute as much tech as I can.
    I will continue to go to all the events that I can .
    I will continue to attempt humorous posts .
    If everyone else does the same.........Well it will be fine.

Halwade

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE47 View Post
    And anytime you had a CC question Bill and McGoo get phone calls, emails, and smoke signals. Telling everyone that they were not owners anymore is a pretty good way to stop those contacts and let everyone know it's in somebody elses hands. I mean is if moved you'd probably tell your friends and family you don't live there anymore. I don't feel betrayed by the sale or the announcement. I would feel that way if they hadn't told us and I found out later through the grapevine though.

As for the bickering? I love it. I'm very pleased to see others are as miserable and angry as I am. Please keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mike. "Non-douche" is how I've always tried to live my life, but people and aspects of New Social Media sometimes make that impossible. My nerves were thin and my douche meter was set on high when a few conspiracy theorists, IT badasses and 10-month CC vets began speculating and pontificating on a deal they knew nothing about.

Should anyone doubt the veracity of my claim, just follow this thread. I wanted 20 hours per week of my life back, and selling ChopCult was a good way to get it.

Doing so hasn't made me rich, and I don't intend to turn my back on any other aspect of this scene. To the contrary, I will continue to help organize things like the Brodown and EDR, and I will use the new free time to work on and ride motorcycles.

Or as my crotchety old grandma used to say, "Do any goddamned thing you please用eople that matter won't mind, and people that mind don't matter."

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Halwade View Post
    Or as my crotchety old grandma used to say, "Do any goddamned thing you please用eople that matter won't mind, and people that mind don't matter."
    generational thing, i know my grandma said that exact same thing to me more than once in my life!

NHMike

I can't believe I just scrolled back a couple pages. I swear, some you "guys" are broads. Arguing about when who signed up, when? Morons. You're exactly what has made this place suck the last few months. I used to spend 80% of my internet time here, now its more like 8%.

NHMike: Hardcore since 1973

NHMike

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mike. "Non-douche" is how I've always tried to live my life, but people and aspects of New Social Media sometimes make that impossible. My nerves were thin and my douche meter was set on high when a few conspiracy theorists, IT badasses and 10-month CC vets began speculating and pontificating on a deal they knew nothing about.

Should anyone doubt the veracity of my claim, just follow this thread. I wanted 20 hours per week of my life back, and selling ChopCult was a good way to get it.

Doing so hasn't made me rich, and I don't intend to turn my back on any other aspect of this scene. To the contrary, I will continue to help organize things like the Brodown and EDR, and I will use the new free time to work on and ride motorcycles.

Hell ya. I'm making it my mission to one day, buy you a beer. But only one, I'm a poor white boy.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by NHMike View Post
    I can't believe I just scrolled back a couple pages. I swear, some you "guys" are broads. Arguing about when who signed up, when? Morons. You're exactly what has made this place suck the last few months. I used to spend 80% of my internet time here, now its more like 8%.

It is important though. It's been proven that the further back your signup date, the more you know and the more useful information you've contributed, hasn't it? And it means you have a bigger weenie.

I don't think there's really more than a handful of people who would legitimately try to claim that because they have an earlier signup date that that makes their bullshit more tolerable or their opinions more valid though really...I think most people are in the "whodafuckcares" category on that one.

Get Adobe Flash player

congrats on sale.

NHMike

It is important though. It's been proven that the further back your signup date, the more you know and the more useful information you've contributed, hasn't it? And it means you have a bigger weenie.

I don't think there's really more than a handful of people who would legitimately try to claim that because they have an earlier signup date that that makes their bullshit more tolerable or their opinions more valid though really...I think most people are in the "whodafuckcares" category on that one.
    Ha. I guess in some peoples minds that holds true. I really haven't contributed anything worthwhile since early 2010.

Get Adobe Flash player

Is it hard for you at all? I mean you time and money that you have invest is insane. On one hand I would feel like I was selling a child. On the other I would feel liberated. Either way good for you.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by NHMike View Post
    Ha. I guess in some peoples minds that holds true. I really haven't contributed anything worthwhile since early 2010.

I try to post worthwhile stuff, but my builds are boring.

Get Adobe Flash player

I try to post worthwhile stuff, but my builds are boring.
    Ive enjoyed reading your "worthwhile" stuff...like calling everyone idiots who dont believe in the same gun laws as you, or bickering like a little girl in this thread. Very helpful when im looking for help with my wiring.

Edit: This coming from a guy who just signed up this year mind you, so my weenie still isnt big.
    Last edited by Evidence; 01-07-2013 at 10:09 AM.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
    Ive enjoyed reading your "worthwhile" stuff...like calling everyone idiots who dont believe in the same gun laws as you, or bickering like a little girl in this thread. Very helpful when im looking for help with my wiring.
    If you're dumb enough to read the junkpile for info on wiring, that's your own problem.

Maybe you could try something real crazy, like one of the technical forums instead of the bullshitting forum for something like that, hey?

As for my "bickering", well, you signed up in 2012, so I don't care what you say.

sohcool

Quote Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
    Edit: This coming from a guy who just signed up this year mind you, so my weenie still isnt big.
    Don't sell yourself short kiddo... you're a huge weenie.

Got a thread about your wiring issue? I've been known to do a little wiring here and there, maybe I can offer some useful assistance.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you're dumb enough to read the junkpile for info on wiring, that's your own problem.

Maybe you could try something real crazy, like one of the technical forums instead of the bullshitting forum for something like that, hey?

As for my "bickering", well, you signed up in 2012, so I don't care what you say.
    I figured. I may have signed up in 2012, but I know a douche when I see one

Share This