Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Isgro
    • Aug 2009

I followed your build-up over on Pirate and despite the fact that I'm familiar with the bike it still blows me away every time I see it. So clean and well done. Have you figured out a solution for the sissy bar/rear fender for the cross country ride yet?

Comment

• DirtFloorJim
      • Dec 2009

Good looking bike. I've been trying to find a cheap XS650 myself. I'm gonna read your Pirate write up!

Off the subject a bit but since you're on Pirate4x4 you might be interested. A few guys from my Jeep club(NJJC) Erik Miller & Kevin Ledder just got to the Lake Bed in Socal today to run in the King of the Hammers race!
      Last edited by DirtFloorJim; 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM. Reason: Fixing stuff

Comment

• logi
        • Aug 2009

Just read the write-up from the January CycleSource on you and this bike. Verrrry sweet! I hadn't even heard of anyone attempting to do that rephase deal before this.

Comment

• Punkskalar
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DirtFloorJim
          Good looking bike. I've been trying to find a cheap XS650 myself. I'm gonna read your Pirate write up!

Off the subject a bit but since you're on Pirate4x4 you might be interested. A few guys from my Jeep club(NJJC) Erik Miller & Kevin Ledder just got to the Lake Bed in Socal today to run in the King of the Hammers race!
          Yep. My best friend and another buddy are running in Car 52X... Or at least that was last years number.... Should be intense!

Comment

• SDJose
            • Aug 2009

That chop is outstanding. I keep going back to the magazine article! You did an awesome job on the whole bike! Respect!

Jose

Comment

• Punkskalar
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SDJose
              That chop is outstanding. I keep going back to the magazine article! You did an awesome job on the whole bike! Respect!

Jose
              Thanks alot man, there are alot of really nice chops on here, I really like the ability to help each other out here, thats why I keep the build thread up, and I'm always available if anyone has questions about building, choppin, or hot-roddin...

Comment

• TatdGasser
                • Dec 2009

Is the first bike you ever chopped up? That's such a good freaking job, kick ass stuff.

Comment

• motoguru
                  • Aug 2009

Saw the write up on your rig in The Horse or Cycle Source or w/e the fuck rag it was. You deserve to win just for the in depth retardacity you put into it! Next level shit for sure. Good on ya, mate!

Comment

• Punkskalar
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TatdGasser
                    Is the first bike you ever chopped up? That's such a good freaking job, kick ass stuff.
                    Yeah, first bike to go under the knife. Actually, went I started building this bike, I'd only known how to ride for about a year. My first bike was Honda Shadow 1100 that I had done some engine work on, but visually stock...

Comment

• Punkskalar
                      • Jan 2010

Just ordered my 200W permanent magnet charging system, should be able to run battery-less now! Just gotta make some brackets and parts to make it all work...

Comment

• Punkskalar
                        • Jan 2010

Thanks for all the votes, messages, and even questions... Its cool that this place works soo smoothly, and we can get up with each other easy and fast. I get lots of guys asking me tech stuff, feel free to ask...

Hugh

Comment

• framus
                          • Aug 2009

Very awesome back story and an incredible bike. Congrats!

Comment

• mattdubs
                            • Mar 2010

Love this bike, you did a great job. I'm all for understated looks with true creativity and inginuity behind the scenes.

Comment

• philbey
                              • Aug 2009

hugh, what's the details on the permanent magnet alternator man? I'm trying to weigh up my options to ditch my battery, or at least move to a smaller battery and ditch the starter motor at least.

Comment

• sirwigston
                                • Mar 2010

so i actually saw your bike in a magazine, didnt have enough money to buy said magazine but took photos on my phone, and that was my intro to xs's about three months ago. since then it's been scouring the internet for inspiration and something to start with, and now i end up here talking directly. ha. fancy that hey. just started a thread and will be keeping it updated i hope!

nice one mate, thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...