Sell your baby (Chop) to fund another project?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vr6freak
    • Dec 2010

Sell your baby (Chop) to fund another project?

For a long time I bought , built, fixed up and flipped bikes ...Made a few bucks and had fun always having a new project...Alot of time I would ride the bike for a bit then sell it but times are hard and to guys that do the same , how do you keep from getting to attached to a bike? I pretty much feel like My current bike is the perfect one for Me..Its a blast to ride , kinda rare and its a good example of My work if I need to show an interested possible customer....But I still get the itch to make some cash on it and start somethin new .. How do you guys keep from getting to attached to a project?
  • Rubman
    • Dec 2011

Don't even fuckin' think about selling it, dude. You'll hate yourself 'til the day you die for willingly giving up "the one that got away." Keep it and every time you start to get the "itch," go for a ride and remind yourself how happy you are. Best advice I could ever give you.

Comment

• LinkBelt
      • Oct 2010

Well, understanding that times are tuff, but also you feel an attachment to this scoot. My advice to you is to hold on to it as long as possible, only flip it if you have no choice. Put back whatever cash you can while looking for another project scoot to flip. Always keep one for a rider and it sounds like you've found the one to keep.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• BuddhahoodVato
        • Apr 2010

Hunger, for more food, gas, and other bikes. I'd rather ride, wrench on twenty bikes a year than one.

Comment

• junkyardxl
          • Mar 2012

I always just bartered my way up. Last time i almost did that i bought some cheap rims for 100 bucks. Traded those for a gun, traded gun for a junk car, spent about another hundred on that car, traded that car for a Tahoe, traded that for a suburban. Sold suburban funded new projects. If you have patience its it works so much better. Took me a year but now i get to keep my baby plus 2.

Comment

• Saltytonk
            • Mar 2011

My advice is quite the opposite . Take lots of pics of it ...to show potential customers.
            And sell it to get something else.

I just sold ...actually traded my "perfect" bike for a project shovelhead.
            And when I'm done with it I will ride it a year and most likely move it on down the road......maybe.

With all that being said I do have another bike. But I'm not attached to it either.

I basically made up my mind that if I wanted to build lots of bikes I would have to sell them .
            I cant afford to insure and keep tires and maintain more than two bikes.

I've got 3 pickups also and 2 trailers that I have to keep tags on. Crap I'm at the DMV all the damn time paying to renew tags on everything .

So my situation is stop where I'm at and be happy with the 2 bikes I have and rebuild the same 2 bikes over and over again or sell em and have fresh meat to chop up.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;