CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: trades?

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default trades?

i have some triumph parts i will give away.
    first is a frame
    the front section has been raked. rear section has a questionable "bend' i have also a bunch of other parts that are no longer useful to me. a timer that came of my stolen 61 xlch, timing cover, a 1 piece bob tank,( the blue tank in the photo. it has recessed aircraft fittings for the filler) lots of small shit, ill complete the list later.
    i need a few small things to complete my tr6

here is a pic of the frame with a +4" springer.

i need a few things to complete this:

if there is any interest, ill post pics of the other stuff i have.
    i need a seat, a set of decent drag bars, maybe a s#3 slide for a 930 amal, ,uh, and thats about it.
    straight trade you pay your shipping, ill pay mine......

Get Adobe Flash player

a couple of things.....

first I want to hear the story on the Stolen XLCH...

then you really should have a 3.5 slide in a single carbed Triumph.

then usually a replacement slide seldom fixes a worn out old Amal carb, many times it's the body of the carb that is also worn out, so a new slide fixes only half the issues.

And I kinda like the seat you have on the bike in this picture...

Sorry, I don't have to much interest in the trade stuff, but someone will.

Get Adobe Flash player

im interested in that front end and have britt parts just reproducing in my garage

pm me

Get Adobe Flash player

howdy torch.
    first, the story is a sad one that ends up in raging anger.
    my mom passed a couple years back, and it turned out, (unbeknownst to my pop) moms had put some cash away. she left me 5 grand, and after pissing off about 200 dollars of it at the bar, a buddy said, "i still have that 61 for sale" 2 grand later i had a new kick only xlh upgraded to xlch specs sporty. early model, with the two bolt primary cover, and not a hint of a place to mount a starter. i was workin for caterpillar at the time, on the worst shift possible, 1630 hours til 0300 hours, six days a week.
    came home one friday, (i dont usually do this) left the bike parked out in front of my apt. drank a couple beers, and about 0700 hours, i gave my check to my wife to go cash later, and went to bed. about 0900 hours, i hear my wife calling up the stairs "I SAID WHERE IS YOUR BIKE"? i was down the stairs in about 2 seconds. my eyes still werent open.
    it was gone.
    i called it in immediately, and the san anmexico police TOOK MY REPORT OVER THE PHONE.
    after some serious thinking i went lookin around. across the street were some town homes with a gated entry that HAD A CAMERA POINTED DIRECTLY TOWARDS THE ROAD" and there was only one way out.
    in retrospect i understand why no one wanted open their doors to a pissed off motherfucker in gym shorts yelling "hello?"at 0900 hours.
    finally found a guy with a dyna parked out front and asked, " who runs the local H.O.A."
    he gave me a phone number, i called it and they informed me that that info had to be subpoenaed.
    i told the local Johnny Law, and they said they "would look into it"
    i get regular confirmation of their efforts about every 90 days in the form of a form letter, asking me, among similar stupid questions "have i found my bike yet?"
    i always send back their original letter with the hand printed inquiry, "no, have you subpoenaed the H.O.A. security film, yet?"
    and they wonder why there is so much disdain for law enforcement.
    here is a pic of the bike. no "thats what you get for having a green bike" comments.
    the lowering kit has been removed, and a bates solo seat sans springs installed. no kicker cover, and a mag where the distributor is. there is a 1000 reward, no questions asked. serial # 61xlh1073
    ive had a bike stolen before, a 69 bonny, and it didnt hurt as much. (miss ya mom)
    you are correct sir. i have another question for you in particular that i will post in the brit section.
    as for the seat, i decided not to use it. it is yours for the postage, and a bit o' advice
    the seat is, to my eyes, just a bit too wide. (ill post a pic) im just going to make one out of whats left of an old stop sign i have layin around.
    which compels me to add " i could use a bit o' leather, enough to cover a small solo seat"
    it is stamped on the bottom 'mfd by B.A.P. enterprises, california
    the tr6 in the post, luckily , is something i was working on at the time, and when i bought the 61, the tr6 went on the back burner.
    its back on the front burner

Last edited by 61xlh; 12-22-2012 at 5:48 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yea, I agree that seat is too wide for the Triumph. but the bike looks good now.

That really sucks about the Sporty, I'll be looking at every old Sporty I see,.... If I find one that has 61 XLH1073 on it, your bike will be coming home to ya.

Good luck, Tony
    Last edited by Torch; 12-23-2012 at 9:08 AM.

Default Lost bike?

Quote Originally Posted by 61xlh View Post
    howdy torch.
    first, the story is a sad one that ends up in raging anger.
    my mom passed a couple years back, and it turned out, (unbeknownst to my pop) moms had put some cash away. she left me 5 grand, and after pissing off about 200 dollars of it at the bar, a buddy said, "i still have that 61 for sale" 2 grand later i had a new kick only xlh upgraded to xlch specs sporty. early model, with the two bolt primary cover, and not a hint of a place to mount a starter. i was workin for caterpillar at the time, on the worst shift possible, 1630 hours til 0300 hours, six days a week.
    came home one friday, (i dont usually do this) left the bike parked out in front of my apt. drank a couple beers, and about 0700 hours, i gave my check to my wife to go cash later, and went to bed. about 0900 hours, i hear my wife calling up the stairs "I SAID WHERE IS YOUR BIKE"? i was down the stairs in about 2 seconds. my eyes still werent open.
    it was gone.
    i called it in immediately, and the san anmexico police TOOK MY REPORT OVER THE PHONE.
    after some serious thinking i went lookin around. across the street were some town homes with a gated entry that HAD A CAMERA POINTED DIRECTLY TOWARDS THE ROAD" and there was only one way out.
    in retrospect i understand why no one wanted open their doors to a pissed off motherfucker in gym shorts yelling "hello?"at 0900 hours.
    finally found a guy with a dyna parked out front and asked, " who runs the local H.O.A."
    he gave me a phone number, i called it and they informed me that that info had to be subpoenaed.
    i told the local Johnny Law, and they said they "would look into it"
    i get regular confirmation of their efforts about every 90 days in the form of a form letter, asking me, among similar stupid questions "have i found my bike yet?"
    i always send back their original letter with the hand printed inquiry, "no, have you subpoenaed the H.O.A. security film, yet?"
    and they wonder why there is so much disdain for law enforcement.
    here is a pic of the bike. no "thats what you get for having a green bike" comments.
    the lowering kit has been removed, and a bates solo seat sans springs installed. no kicker cover, and a mag where the distributor is. there is a 1000 reward, no questions asked. serial # 61xlh1073
    ive had a bike stolen before, a 69 bonny, and it didnt hurt as much. (miss ya mom)
    you are correct sir. i have another question for you in particular that i will post in the brit section.
    as for the seat, i decided not to use it. it is yours for the postage, and a bit o' advice
    the seat is, to my eyes, just a bit too wide. (ill post a pic) im just going to make one out of whats left of an old stop sign i have layin around.
    which compels me to add " i could use a bit o' leather, enough to cover a small solo seat"
    it is stamped on the bottom 'mfd by B.A.P. enterprises, california
    the tr6 in the post, luckily , is something i was working on at the time, and when i bought the 61, the tr6 went on the back burner.
    its back on the front burner

I have a friend of mine in FL that asked me to build him a bike that he was getting at a good deal. As always I asked if he had the title. He said that he doesn't but could get one from the guy,if he gets visitation lol. So I told him to send me a few pictures of it and I'll have a cop buddy of mine,run the numbers(hasn't gotten back to me yet). So when I got the pictures,I did some research on VINs and ran across your post and the numbers are the same. I think I found your bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

The forum software sucks utter shit so you missed that the post is from 2012. The date font in the tan bar is fucking WHITE because some esthetically retarded coder thought it looked cool.

Anyway, now you know.

Get Adobe Flash player

but 61xlh posted as recent as 03-17-2017 in the thread Sputhe 5-speed...so maybe...be cool if it was a match...payback?

Get Adobe Flash player

Stranger things have happened where years later something turns up. I hope this guy can connect. Did anyone PM him directly or try to find his real name and do some internet searches? Surprising what you can find (Stalker syndrome)

But how cool would that be to be able to find your stolen scoot?

I know some guys from Germany, UK and Australia who buy up scoots here in the US and do okay reselling overseas. Customs and related are pretty good about running numbers so there are many cases where a bike stolen in the 1970s gets flagged in a shipment. Last year a Scotsman was shipping a container from Calif,, I sold him 4 bikes and the rest came from others.. The whole shipment was held up on one of the bikes was stolen. I was mildy worried as the other sellers said it MUST have been me! But,,I run ALL my vins thru the sheriffs dept. If it was me, I can blame to local sheriff as I ALWAYS do due dilligence. I laughed and laughed when it came back on a Calif seller who was kind of a jerk at times, and had pointed the finger at me.
    It wasnt totally his fault either.

So heres what happened. It was a suzuki stolen but recovered in 1980s, Insurance claim, and I *THINK* sold at auction or something like that. So customs and the shipping company figured out that there was no outstanding issues and allowed the container to go ahead and ship. The Suzi stayed in the shipment (Good thing they didnt have to unpack-repack) but it missed 2 boats in the interim. So,, no harm-no foul in the end, However I am glad they check this stuff to limit thieves, So this is more FYI

Share This