Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdeadbeat
    • Aug 2009

My Bike: Master Blaster/Coyote Master/Fuzz Magnet

Hey turds, My name is Danny, and I have been riding my 1989 Softail for almost about 10 YEARS!!!! P.S. I'm 26!!!! Do the math jerks. My dad and I decided to get me on two wheels shortly after my brother passed away, kind of a bonding thing I guess. My pops scoured the local cycle trader for a while and came across a Triumph, we bought it for like, $600 and soon realized I was too big for it, and that Triumphs are for fags!!! So we got the Harley instead, we traded off the trump to a friend, in exchange for the rake job on the Softail. BEST IDEA EVER.We then put on two-over fork tubes.
    So during the past ten years of owning the bike, My pops and I have modified it many times to fit our ideas, I have had a ton of bars,fat-bobs,and now a sporty tank,drag pipes,now fishtails,swapped over to a jockey-shift, lowered it(too much), put a set of forward controls...among other stupid shit.
    I have had this bike for a very long time, and have ridden it long and hard, I have done the Laughlin River Run for many years, until it became a fag fest/Bro-deo, I hit Smoke out West #1, and have ridden to EDR #3,I rode to the Chopmeet, Bash, and I have also been to most So-Cal events worth going to. I love my bike, and I ride it hard!!!!

Specs:

Year & Make- 1989 Harley Davidson Softail (Evo Softails are for gaylords, I hear)

Handmade parts:

Handle bars- flipped around drag bars

Jockey shifter- Twisted square-stock bent up at friends Hot rod shop.

Sissy-Bar- Same as Jockey shifter, Made at the Homie Wizards house.

Paint- Has been done too many times to count, half by pops in front yard,
    The other half done by myself with Rattle cans (Thanks for the sinus problems)

Side mount mirror- Dad had a great idea of using an old signal mount WORKS TITS

Side mount speedo- Me and pops cut a gay ass tweak bar in half and had it machined out to accommodate a shitty mini speedo ALSO WORKS TITS

Side bag- Bought off an old club guy as a set, split the set with a friend, adapted the bag to mount on a Home Depot sponsored mounting system...the set up is tough as nails!!! (could use a new bag though HINT HINT)

Seat- Hand made from flat steel from the local steel yard, I bent this fucker myself in a vise and almost ripped my sternum!!! P.S. I have put thousands of miles in on this seat, I even rode 13 Hrs In a day on it to Smoke out West #1....my butthole fell asleep.

Other Important Shit:

-The bike has a 150mm. rear tire, and I have had the pulley machined down to fit a stronger thinner Buell Belt, being that I have snapped TWO of the older wider weaklings.

-My friend Wizard rewired my bike, relocating the relays under the tank, the wiring harness has only what it needs, Start, Kill, Headlight, Taillight, and Brake. signals and horn don't make the girls horny.

-I had already mentioned the rake job, I don't know how many degrees, but I can guarantee the rake and trail is fucked up.....form before function sissies....2" over forks by Frank.

-The bike has been lowered... too much, I tried to be all bad-sass like the picture of Jason Phares and glide my hand across the ground...WHAM!!! My frame caught the ground and I high sided at about 20 M.P.H. lets just say I saw a few extra fireworks on that 4th of July!!!

-Motor has been hoped up a little, its fast enough to beat your nightster with upside down bars...I guess that's braggable...

-And some shit I can't remember.

I have been able to do a lot of the fabrication work myself, and even more with help from many good friends. I am able to say that I can weld, pinstripe, paint, do mild metal fabrication, and basic electrical, along with light mechanics, thanks to this bike and my friends. And of course the person who gave me the opportunity to ride, my pops.

Special Thanks: My dad, for putting me on a death machine in the first place, Tony B. for the rake job R.I.P, Gary Peacemaker at High Desert Performance, for making my bike faster, lighter, stronger...and keeping me running, Mike G. "Wizard, for all the tweaker session in the garage that gave me my wiring, sporty mounts sissy bar, and fender mount, Hot Rod Aaron, for all your tools and know-how, Mc Chop, for all the lame ideas we shoot back and forth until 5a.m. because we drank too much Thai Tea,and Finally, last and least important, DEADBEATMOTHERFUCKERS...for being fucking idiots who let me be their LEADER!!!!! haha.......sorry if I forgot you, it's your fault for not trying to be relevant enough to mention!!! hahaha

Here is my gay blog too: http://kingdeadbeat.blogspot.com/

Proof that I'm a trend hopper:
    Photobucket
    Faggy Trump:
    Photobucket

My Softail(When Bought):
    Photobucket

After the rake& some choppin':
    Photobucket

One of the early looks:
    Photobucket
    Last edited by kingdeadbeat; 02-14-2010, 5:50 PM. Reason: photobucket is a fag
  • kingdeadbeat
    • Aug 2009

And some more evolution:
    Photobucket

And a few recent incarnations:
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• selectedgrub
      • Dec 2009

Wow nice round.
      You would of looked like super bad-ass turd in that last shot if only you were riding with one hand, Nice try but at least I got myself a new identity with the info you've given.

Comment

• kingdeadbeat
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by selectedgrub
        Wow nice round.
        You would of looked like super bad-ass turd in that last shot if only you were riding with one hand, Nice try but at least I got myself a new identity with the info you've given.
        Thanks dude, but I don't recommend taking my indentity.....its not worth it!!!!

Comment

• ak70swb
          • Dec 2009

nice!! been admiring your bike for a while, one of my favorites if not the favorite softail. Thanks for showing us the progression, i like seeing where people start.

Comment

• jonnyrtn
            • Aug 2009

I remember you and your bike from the Lake Skinner party...Bikes lookin good

Comment

• Nicko
              • Sep 2009

The mirror idea is good. Was it as close to the fatbobs when you turned as it looked? Close is good....nice bike, looking forwrd to seeing many more incarnations of it. Do the SOE on it this June....

Comment

• brianblack
                • Jan 2010

I love the many looks you have had. My girl was influenced by your "Purple Haze" rendition, HaHa.

Last edited by brianblack; 02-08-2010, 2:18 PM.

Comment

• Revelator
                  • Aug 2009

Hey Deadbeat those tracker style bars are lookin spiffy as shit on that raked out bitch, &
                  ofcourse the blacked out fishfins are providing the funk, now what could possibly be atrracting
                  that pesky fuzz?

Comment

• kingdeadbeat
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Nicko
                    The mirror idea is good. Was it as close to the fatbobs when you turned as it looked? Close is good....nice bike, looking forwrd to seeing many more incarnations of it. Do the SOE on it this June....
                    Sorry for the late response, my computer is a gay, Actually the rear view mirror was never an issue, we always buy the cheap ass little after market mirrors, and they come with a shit-ton of mirror stem...just position and cut where needed...it is much closer to the bike now with the sporty tank though.....

thanks for the kudos guys!!!

Comment

• DannyG
                      • Aug 2009

Fuckin Deadbeats know how to party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• gdolan80
                        • Aug 2009

Definitely got my vote! Killer transformation(s).

Comment

• Nicko
                          • Sep 2009

Mine too, cause a softail is a challenge, since most dudes hate them before they see them. Well done and good write up. Vote 1

Comment

• kingdeadbeat
                            • Aug 2009

Thanks Gdolan and Nicko!!! I'm glad you guys like my bike!!! I know how true it is about people hating on softails and stuff, but it's kinda why I like 'em, I like goin against the grain!!! I'm glad you seemed to like the changes too, I feel that your bike should change the way the owner does. I'm way excited that a place like this gave us a chance to get the limelight for a minute and show others what kind of shit we are into!!!

Oh yeah, Thanks Danny G.!!! we wouldn't party HALF as hard without you tearing it up on the wheels of steel!!!
                            We do our best to make fools of ourselves and paryt like its 1999!!!
                            Last edited by kingdeadbeat; 03-04-2010, 8:23 AM.

Comment

• donhd
                              • Aug 2009

Nice thread Deadbeat, I have obviously found it. Sounds alot like myself in that my dad aslo got me into harleys. He had taken quite a long time off from ridin and then got back into it about 8 or 10 years ago. I started of on a 03 shadow ace and bought my harley in 07. couldn't pass up the deal on an 04. luckily i haven't had much to spend on it cause if i spent the money everytime i changed my mind on how i wanted to look i would have 100k in it.

nice work,,,, in all phases.

when you comin back east again?
                              Im gonna try to get to the cycle source big mountain run this year. missed it last year. family issues.

One of the early looks:
                              Photobucket[/QUOTE]

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;