Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cascadian
    • May 2012

kick pedal mods?

So I had planned on modifying my KZ400 kick pedal arm to fit past my new drum brake pedal position (Drum brake pedal welded on to new hard tail) and am having some issues. Does anyone make a kick lever that swivels to extend out an inch or so from the kick axle? The pictures should help tell the story.

• Reid
    • Jul 2012

can you warm it up and bend it out of the way

Comment

• Cascadian
      • May 2012

I could do a torch bend; but that would put the whole arm in an awkward resting position. I'm looking for something that swivels at the axle.

Comment

• Jetblack
        • Apr 2024

If you mean hinged at the bottom; I believe some early suzie gt's were as well as some triumphs. They were typically flatter down at the cinch too...it seems the real problem is getting through the whole stroke without slamming into the peg mount; if this is the case...it may be possible to bend in a linear "Z" shape to get deeper into the kick around the peg; only problem then is the kick may be too short and just hit the mount itself then...otherwise redesign the mount to clear?

How far down in the stroke does it take before she fires over? In many bikes a TDC when setting the timing doesn't matter...but in my experience, setting the timing at TDC decreases kick stroke length to catch and fire over; but that may depend on your lobe if it's a points ignition...hmmm either way you're still gonna smack that shit in the kick...

Perhaps that will help get some ideas flowing or help something click; since you've been thinking about this problem longer than I have...

Comment

• Cascadian
          • May 2012

Thanks for the help. I have checked out the old Zukis' and it looks like it gives enough stretch to clear. Appreciate the pointers.

Comment

• Jetblack
            • Apr 2024

Cool, I hope one of those works out for you...they do swing out really wide from the base hinge.

Comment

• xtpx
              • Jan 2012

The CB500/CB550 kicker pedal swivels at the bottom too.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;