CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I completely stopped trying, Hell The RC Car I bought at the same time, Hasnt been fired also o.0

I need to start practicing :/

Wolfie

Not fer nuthin...what ya clean yer brushes in depends on what media you use to paint...no ?....yes yes yes...most use enamels....but when painting on a laquered piece, you use laquer to stripe...no ?...requires laquer thinner then to clean....Ive always kept my brushes in Turpentine, then washed it out before painting with mineral spirits (wood alcohol)....vodka works too in a pinch....I like the turpentine because its less viscous than mineral oil...and its what my dad used since the 30's....

Get Adobe Flash player

10 can is using the Mineral oil for long storage of the brushes, where its days in between painting. This keeps the hairs fresh and stops the ends from splitting. You obviously need to clean them with mineral spirits before beginning to paint.

Get Adobe Flash player

bumping this thread back to life, a lot of good advice...ive recently started and curious what size brush most use when starting out?

Get Adobe Flash player

i use 00 primarily, occasionally will step up or down a size, but i'd say 85% of what i do is 00 (but i also prefer big bold lines...)

Get Adobe Flash player

I started about 3 years ago got going and doing well not spectacular but it was good work for a new person with no art skills. Then I stopped for about a year and a half. My dad passed away and I lost interest for a lot of things and stopped pinstriping. I picked a brush back up this past fall and started going hard at it.

I am learning techniques and designs but still need some motivation I feel like I should be doing better. My lines are inconsistent at times I also get "writers block" and wind up doing the same thing over and over.

I was told it might help if I sketch my design out first with a pencil and I could make changes if I need to before I paint. I do a lot of my practice on Christmas ornaments. If they come out good I can give them away or if it's junk I'm not out much money. I get bored practicing on plexiglass over and over but will still do that from time to time.

Maybe this thread will give me some motivation because at times I want to give up striping

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Took the trouble of logging in to say those Christmas ornaments are excellent!
    Thanks for pics

Get Adobe Flash player

Thank you I appreciate the compliment I don't think I'm that good so for someone that's not related to me to say they like them
    It means a lot

Quick question ive been using spare car paint and reduceing it with acitone nail polish remover. I just read you can use rustoleum oilbased pints of paint... now my question is what can i use as a reducer?

Get Adobe Flash player

mineral spirits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171118_215455.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	300.3 KB 
ID:	79964. Decided to try and learn got all my stuff together and got this out for a first try not great but it's a start any tips would be appreciated tjanks

Share This