Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyro
    • Oct 2010

Oh yeah and watch where your fingers go when there is more than one stripe on something.

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gyro
      now how do you clean a damn airbrush?

I use Createx airbrush cleaner. Put some in the bowl , hold a rag over the tip and pull the trigger. Should have it bubble back into the bowl. Then spray the cleaner thru the gun . then some water thru it . Get ya some cleaning brushes for the stubborn dried stuff. If ya dont get it clean , be prepared to take the gun apart next time you use it.

Comment

• gyro
        • Oct 2010

used a different color paint tonight and the grey is much easier to use that the orange for some reason. Still cant do curves thinking I might go buy a mack brush and see if that makes a diference. no pics tonight its pretty much the same as last night just grey instead of orange.

Comment

• spooner
          • Oct 2009

used a different color paint tonight and the grey is much easier to use that the orange for some reason. Still cant do curves thinking I might go buy a mack brush and see if that makes a diference. no pics tonight its pretty much the same as last night just grey instead of orange.
          For curves, you need to lift the brush up higher on to the tip. If you are using a dagger brush, you also have to rotate the brush handle between your thumb and fingers as you make the curve. kinda like patting your head and scratching you stomach at the same time
          I like 000 Excaliber brushes.

Comment

• gyro
            • Oct 2010

Yeah two brushes I have tried are the kustom kolor 00 and 000 I think or mabey 0 and 00. But I think I'm gonna go pick up a Mack 00 and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• SuperP
              • Mar 2010

If you are planning on doing lots of curves, try a Kafka scrolling brush. They are a little harder to do long straight lines, but make curves easy. I have a Mack 00 and 000 when I am doing longer, straighter stuff. Depending on the project, you can use both brushes to get it done.

Comment

• Topher
                • Aug 2009

Yeah two brushes I have tried are the kustom kolor 00 and 000 I think or mabey 0 and 00. But I think I'm gonna go pick up a Mack 00 and see if that makes a difference.
                Any brush with a metal ferrule and flats on the handle is more meant for long, straight lines. If I remember right, that's how the Kustom Shop stuff is. Definitely try a Kafka scroller or an Xcaliber. I have also tried the Mack Virus scroller and that's good too for curves and turns. Also, look for a Mack Blue Wrap 000. My striping sucks, but that and the Kafka have made a world of difference for me.

Good luck.

C

Comment

• gyro
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Topher
                  Any brush with a metal ferrule and flats on the handle is more meant for long, straight lines. If I remember right, that's how the Kustom Shop stuff is. Definitely try a Kafka scroller or an Xcaliber. I have also tried the Mack Virus scroller and that's good too for curves and turns. Also, look for a Mack Blue Wrap 000. My striping sucks, but that and the Kafka have made a world of difference for me.

Good luck.

C
                  cool thanks for the advice. Im waiting for payday then I'll see if my wife is gonna let me have some of my paycheck and go get a new brush or two. and a few boxes so I can mail a beverage to a few people that I promised a long time ago.

Comment

• trnrover
                    • Oct 2009

What about these lil boogers.....

Beugler Pinstriper has 3 single-stripe wheel heads; no blobs, drop-outs

and in action

Comment

• thelowlife
                      • Dec 2010

Begulars are great if you have a big area to stripe and need to do it quickly. I know the purist will cry and say its not striping. If you just want to do a flame job one time then get a Begular and be done with it.

As for starting on glass.. to this day I can't do a set of consistent lines on glass.. if you can get some panels from vechiles. Go to a wreckers and get a door skin practice on that, old car hoods. Its different painting on that type of surface. You can cut the panels to make them more manageable.

Try different curves as well.. I give major props to the guys that stripe helmets.. its one thing pulling a good line but doing it on a curve like that isn't easy.

If your fingers are chattering while pulling lines use a little bit of baby powder and it'll smooth that pull out.

Comment

• gyro
                        • Oct 2010

Here we go I went and got a new brush. Topher that brush you sent me I had the same problem with so I went and got a mack and tried it out tonight. here are the results
                        Photobucket

Photobucket

I know its all crooked I was just trying to do curved lines and this was my first time getting something decent. I am gonna keep trying with this mack and then once I get better try the other brushes and see if I can use them or not.

Comment

• gyro
                          • Oct 2010

Photobucket
                          so that is the brush I am using now.

Photobucket
                          this is the paint I got and I got a bunch of colors

this is the reducer I got
                          Photobucket

So the stuff on the right works great the other stuff is some shit the dude at the store convinced me to buy he said it is the best stuf to use cause it is not harmful and is odorless. that shit sucks it does nothing to the paint at all. So my question is if I buy one shot reducer will it work well with this paint or do I need to stick to the kustom shop stuff?

Comment

• SuperP
                            • Mar 2010

Gyro- you are doing the right thing..keep it up. Glass is probably the hardest surface to stripe on consistently IMO because it is sooo slick. You do not want to reduce the paint for glass, in fact it may stripe better when it starts to thicken up.

Try some different surfaces, they all have a different drag on the brush. More drag on the brush tends to smooth out a shaky hand.

You can print out some stripe examples and lay them under the glass to trace. Or sketch them out on another surface to stripe over. I have used some vinyl decal pinstripes that I found online and printed out the jpegs to practice because they are black and white.

Comment

• gyro
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by SuperP
                              You can print out some stripe examples and lay them under the glass to trace. Or sketch them out on another surface to stripe over. I have used some vinyl decal pinstripes that I found online and printed out the jpegs to practice because they are black and white.
                              yeah that is the plan I just want to get the feel for using the brush and get comfortable turning lines before I get to complicated. Crawl before walk.

Comment

• gyro
                                • Oct 2010

heres take two I think it looks pretty good but I'm drunk now so there is no telling

Photobucket

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;