CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default New Fender for King and Queen seat?

What kind of fender would you guys recommend to run a King Queen seat on? I currently have a Front Street peak fender which is great but need a smooth fender for the new seat I got. Don't really like flat trailer fenders. Any suggestions? How heavy duty does this thing need to be? Also in making a high sissy bar for this seat what size round bar you useing? Thanks 33

NHMike

I wasn't crazy about running a trailer fender either, to me they always looked kinda lazy. But when I slapped one on with a few seats I was gonna run, king and queen included it actually looked decent. Although, the seats I was running were covering it entirely, meaning there was no fender hanging out. You'd probably be hard pressed to find something without making a custom seat pan that's curved.

billdozer

I hear you on the flat fender deal. Always hated them too, but if you are doing a big two-up seat it makes sense. I like the curved/peaked fenders on a bike with a solo seat and maybe a p-pad. I messed with several diameters of rod on this sissy bar and settled on 1/2". it just seemed like the right proportions. Post up some pics when you get it done.

Get Adobe Flash player

The KQ seat i'm running is the big original style seat, it will more then likely cover the entire fender also. Bill I dig peaked fenders also, one is on the bike now, with a old Le Pera hard mount seat and P-pad. Wanting a different look, any Chop Cult members make any heavy flat fenders? Been looking and find just ribbed or peaked style. I like that bar also bill looks right. I'll try and not be to lazy and get some picts. It's just a '77 ironhead!

Get Adobe Flash player

1. buy u a good radius fender fron FSC or LED SLED..or
    2. figure out where your seats gonna ride , an take the peak out...

alotta work gettin a trailer fender to work,,narrowin it, changin the radius an what not...

or your bar,,id go 1/2,, hav made/run one befor 5/8 up the fender area ,,then 1/2 the rest of the way up,,,when the OL was fat an pregnated..haha

Get Adobe Flash player

Here is what I am thinking about getting from 7 metal west. Just wondering on the sturdyness of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smooth_ducktail_iso_small_with_logo-250x187.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Doc14 View Post
    Here is what I am thinking about getting from 7 metal west. Just wondering on the sturdyness of it.
    On their website he has a comparison picture of his fenders vs. cheap ones. His are pretty heavy duty. Should do the trick.

Pic from 7 Metal West's website.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good call on that, looks good, gonna pull the trigger on it and see.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have heard from everyone who has their stuff that it is quality shit. But pics are proof. I guess the bottom one is a West Eagle. Good luck. Post pics when you get it done.

Get Adobe Flash player

if your going king/queen seat those radiused fenders look funny with those seats. A king/queen seat is wide and wont fit the fender well.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ya good point, I need to find some picts of bikes with K/Q seats and check that out. Going to the garage to check the seat width out. I can see there being a gap between the radius and the fender and the flatness of the seat.................... damn

Get Adobe Flash player

Im looking for the rear view. Here is a picture of a king/queen on my buddies shovel. He used a habor freight trailer fender. Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l_20afec33f11c6938a99aad8803f77c9c.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Im looking for the rear view. Here is a picture of a king/queen on my buddies shovel. He used a habor freight trailer fender. Hope this helps
    dang that looks pretty good to me. i always used a p-pad. but maybe next time ill try this out.

crass

going with a fat blobber on my build I think

obviously narrowed and trimmed

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Brandon, that looks like a split king queen, can you ask your buddy where he got that?

Get Adobe Flash player

Hope this will help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7482.jpg   IMG_7488.jpg   IMG_7496.jpg   IMG_7498.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Brandon, that looks like a split king queen, can you ask your buddy where he got that?
    Yea its a DRAG SPECIALTIES.....from e-bay i think. That picture is a year or so old. Hope this helps
    Alright just talked to Brock. Its a drag specialties seat from thier catalog, and yes it is a 2 piece
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-07-2010 at 8:17 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yes toecutterp that is some shit there, was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the picts. Cant wait for you rig to get done.

Share This