Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doc14
    • Aug 2009

New Fender for King and Queen seat?

What kind of fender would you guys recommend to run a King Queen seat on? I currently have a Front Street peak fender which is great but need a smooth fender for the new seat I got. Don't really like flat trailer fenders. Any suggestions? How heavy duty does this thing need to be? Also in making a high sissy bar for this seat what size round bar you useing? Thanks 33
  • NHMike
    • Apr 2024

I wasn't crazy about running a trailer fender either, to me they always looked kinda lazy. But when I slapped one on with a few seats I was gonna run, king and queen included it actually looked decent. Although, the seats I was running were covering it entirely, meaning there was no fender hanging out. You'd probably be hard pressed to find something without making a custom seat pan that's curved.

Comment

• billdozer
      • Apr 2024

I hear you on the flat fender deal. Always hated them too, but if you are doing a big two-up seat it makes sense. I like the curved/peaked fenders on a bike with a solo seat and maybe a p-pad. I messed with several diameters of rod on this sissy bar and settled on 1/2". it just seemed like the right proportions. Post up some pics when you get it done.

Comment

• Doc14
        • Aug 2009

The KQ seat i'm running is the big original style seat, it will more then likely cover the entire fender also. Bill I dig peaked fenders also, one is on the bike now, with a old Le Pera hard mount seat and P-pad. Wanting a different look, any Chop Cult members make any heavy flat fenders? Been looking and find just ribbed or peaked style. I like that bar also bill looks right. I'll try and not be to lazy and get some picts. It's just a '77 ironhead!

Comment

• HWC
          • Aug 2009

1. buy u a good radius fender fron FSC or LED SLED..or
          2. figure out where your seats gonna ride , an take the peak out...

alotta work gettin a trailer fender to work,,narrowin it, changin the radius an what not...

or your bar,,id go 1/2,, hav made/run one befor 5/8 up the fender area ,,then 1/2 the rest of the way up,,,when the OL was fat an pregnated..haha

Comment

• Doc14
            • Aug 2009

Here is what I am thinking about getting from 7 metal west. Just wondering on the sturdyness of it.
            Attached Files

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Doc14
              Here is what I am thinking about getting from 7 metal west. Just wondering on the sturdyness of it.
              On their website he has a comparison picture of his fenders vs. cheap ones. His are pretty heavy duty. Should do the trick.

Pic from 7 Metal West's website.

Comment

• Doc14
                • Aug 2009

Good call on that, looks good, gonna pull the trigger on it and see.

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                  • Dec 2009

I have heard from everyone who has their stuff that it is quality shit. But pics are proof. I guess the bottom one is a West Eagle. Good luck. Post pics when you get it done.

Comment

• Brandon
                    • Aug 2009

if your going king/queen seat those radiused fenders look funny with those seats. A king/queen seat is wide and wont fit the fender well.

Comment

• Doc14
                      • Aug 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ya good point, I need to find some picts of bikes with K/Q seats and check that out. Going to the garage to check the seat width out. I can see there being a gap between the radius and the fender and the flatness of the seat.................... damn

Comment

• Brandon
                        • Aug 2009

Im looking for the rear view. Here is a picture of a king/queen on my buddies shovel. He used a habor freight trailer fender. Hope this helps
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Jashole
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Brandon
                          Im looking for the rear view. Here is a picture of a king/queen on my buddies shovel. He used a habor freight trailer fender. Hope this helps
                          dang that looks pretty good to me. i always used a p-pad. but maybe next time ill try this out.

Comment

• crass
                            • Apr 2024

going with a fat blobber on my build I think

obviously narrowed and trimmed

Comment

• Jethro
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Brandon
                              Brandon, that looks like a split king queen, can you ask your buddy where he got that?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;