CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by philbey View Post
    cheers alfonso. I reckon the fact that I started with so many boxes of bits is the reason it's taken this long, just tracking down those fiddly bits that I didn't get. Next build I'll wisen up and get me a complete bike, maybe a runner!

as for the Aussie Poetry, I actually edited it a fair bit from it's original form!
    What?! Put it back in!!!!

Tell me about it... never built a bike before... started with a 54 preunit frame and engine.... built tons of pushies before... how much harder can it be right??!? Wrong! Man..... you're right. It's those little things that can reallllly hold it up and don't even get me started on matching parts from different years... http://www.chopcult.com/alfonso/albums/1762

Definitely agree on the seat thing - gotto come back a bit, maybe with smaller springs too? But see how that would be tricky on that frame without sliding balls first onto the rear wheel.... Mind you it might look fine once thes a guard on the rear wheel.

Get Adobe Flash player

most of the slang was part of the disucssion between members on the old forum (car forum) so I just left it all out, sorry cobber! haha.

As for the seat I actually haven't got a decent side shot with it in the new position further back, although this one shows it a little better. Remember the pics at the top of page 2 are in the old position.

I'll probably buy some 3 inch springs as well to see how they look, although I'll probably slide my arse off the back all the time.

I'm just under 6'3 and I've agonised quite a bit over the damn seat. I measured the peg-seat distances based on another motorbike I ride round a fair bit and it's fairl comfortable. I'm in a pickle now because I can't move the seat pivot back without a fair bit of difficulty, and if it comes lower I can't pull the shoulder bolt out.

I've also got to mount a fender, dummy oil tank and the Batt Box, so I'll see how it starts to look once that open real estate in the frame is filled with snot.

(I reckon it looks pretty tough in that pic above actually!)

Get Adobe Flash player

alfonso, just took a geez at your bike man, that's the shit! Pre unit triumphs are probably my dream bike, in a factory speed twin frame or something like that! The bloke I bought the XS off, I ran into him about 6 months later and he had moved on to building 2 mean looking pre units!

Get Adobe Flash player

Way better. Looking badass. Think it's partly the bright green takes your eye right to the seat. Once the rest of the bike is there it'll balance out. F*ckin LOVE that 3c bike you posted. You still going that way? Man look at the weather there... Sucks not being able to ride the dam thing eh! Is that a Kingswood in the background?!?

Thanks geeza!!! Been a long time coming.... I love it and it's breaking me not being able to get to it... Got a broken wrist right now. Arghhh... Finally got it after years of waiting for the right deal and the spare cash... sods law it was right at the time my son was born! Fast forward a year and a half of shitty nappies and no sleep and I'm finally getting somewhere with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2205.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

keep it up, philbey! she's looking good!

coachstorms

I love the seat...but then again I may be biased!

Get Adobe Flash player

bike looks kick ass!
    thanks for postin this over here,builds threads are the shit.
    i am now eagerly awaiting updates to see how this thing turns out.keep postin,

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeh the seat is my favourite bit.

Weather was good that day the pic was taken, but it kicked into the 42-43 a couple of weeks later, only just getting a reprieve from the heat now.

As for the 3C bike, It was the first XS650 that really blew my mind when I found it on Knucklbuster, and was probably the tipping point where I thought - yep, I'll build one of these. I like the low front, low and forward tank look. I was originally going to use drag bars too but when I saw the inverted clubmans i thought damn that's mean looking!

Cheers for the comments, I'm hoping to get work on it tomorrow/sunday, so hopefully more pics!

alfonso, not quite a kingswood mate - a Corolla wags, my runabout. I did learn to drive in a kingswood though!

Get Adobe Flash player

Ahhh yeah I can see it now! Nice. Drove from Perth to Sydney in a fuct 68 Kingswood.... My fisrt car... It went a different way every time you braked... Man I loved that car!

Get Adobe Flash player

lookn good so far philbey. keep your head down. your gonna be so stoked when you ride it for the first time.

Get Adobe Flash player

dam she's purty. nice work man. keep it up.

Get Adobe Flash player

yeh the old HK kingswood. good times.

I just read up on Bad News on the front page, the combination of polished and satin finish cases with the black jugs really sets this rig off I reckon!

Pics of my progress soon folks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Righto the boys, some more pics. I didn't get much done, but I slapped on the RD400 fork tubes, basically the same as XS650 but the previous front end was missing bits. Also, the other front end was missing the 80mm internal spacers, so this one is higher. I'm surprised actually, the damn bike still looks low? Can't figure it out.

Get Adobe Flash player

I dig this 19 inch front but I'm keen as to roll that 21 incher I've got stashed away!

Get Adobe Flash player

I like it!! No more progress?

Get Adobe Flash player

that thing makes me want to roost on a roo!!

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

No I've had a bit of a hiatus on the bike, been spending all the summer months down here doing some earthmoving/retaining wall building/plumbing/electrical work, ready to prepare for construction of my new Garage!

Basically, I've got a car and the motorbike in Dad's shed and it's much harder to get motivated to work on the project when it's not actually at home!

BUT, I did pick up a DT360 front wheel with drum for 15 bucks at a swap, 21inch chrome. That's even better than the alloy Akront 21.

Grabbed a few more bits along the way as well, new rear fender, taillights, etc so it hasn't come to a total halt.

Get Adobe Flash player

swap? in Melb?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeh Ballarat swap back in Feb. My mate's still got the wheel actually, better get over there and pick it up!

Share This