Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSinister
    • Nov 2012

JJ's got skills. GMG obviously has skills. OCC and PJD have skills, but tend to make rolling art more than motorcycles. It's going to come down to a popularity contest as always, I'm sure.

That GMG bike looks like it should hold its own just fine. You can ride that GMG bike. You can ride the bikes JJ builds. That thing PJD did last year while beautifully crafted, was an abomination as a motorcycle. OCC's entry was more practical for shit's sake. One of my favorite OCC bikes was the Old School chop Sr. and Cody built. That is a real, rideable bike, you'd want to ride home. Pretty much all of the OCC old school bikes look like a lot of fun. The theme crap you can have.
    Nothing PJD has made yet would make me want to take a long ride on it, no matter how great the craftsmanship is.

Personally, I like the GMG guys. They respect their fans, and actually interact with them (I know first hand). I'd have a beer with Rich or Aaron.
    Supposedly OCC is great to their fans, never met any of those dudes, though.
    I've heard mixed things about PJD. Apparently Paulie and Vinnie are cool, but Cody is a know-it-all and Joe is a major douche, who has no actual fabrication skills. Paulie's old lady is smoking hot, though.
    I've heard mixed things about JJ as well. Some say he's cool as shit in person. Some say he's an ass. But, you never know the context. Yeah, if I'm trying to take my kids somewhere and people are all over my dick, I'm going to be annoyed too. His personal life aside, he's probably got the most raw talent and pure skill out of all of them.

They should do these things blind. Put the bikes on display with no names on them, and let the best craftsmanship and design win. JJ should have won last year's competition easily, as he was the only one who brought an actual, functional bike you could ride anywhere.

Indian Larry is still my man, though. If I were to ever pay for a custom built chop, it would be for one of his, or maybe Russ Mitchell.

Comment

• derekd403
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JohnnyRainbow
      Lol, y'all all sound like my teenage daughter and her friends trying to decide who's the better hip hopper, Wocka Flocka Seagulls or Big Wayne.
      That's my favorite post of this whole thread lol and I'm not even sure why

Comment

• backwithabang
        • May 2011

Not to stop the humor or anything... But if discovery did a build off where they dropped a basket case at each garage and it needed to be rebuilt instead of dropping a new free s and s engine in the frame 2 minutes before its done, I'd watch that

Comment

• imaloser
          • Aug 2010

^^^^ I can get behind that! ^^^^

Comment

• 53rigid
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by backwithabang
            Not to stop the humor or anything... But if discovery did a build off where they dropped a basket case at each garage and it needed to be rebuilt instead of dropping a new free s and s engine in the frame 2 minutes before its done, I'd watch that
            well shit, Bill, why don't you contact Discovery and tell them you have a dream team from CC that will participate. Although I suck at building show level bikes, there are plenty on here who would team up....

Comment

• BootsBogz
              • Oct 2012

Yeah, if they ever perfect re-animation, I propose that Indian Larry be the first candidate. There must be some bitchin' chops in Heaven right now. (Despite some of the shit he did, I think Larry went up, not down.)

Comment

• backwithabang
                • May 2011

Originally posted by 53rigid
                well shit, Bill, why don't you contact Discovery and tell them you have a dream team from CC that will participate. Although I suck at building show level bikes, there are plenty on here who would team up....
                There is one inherent problem in that in which it would reverse the sociological dichotomy of the sub cultural modality and you would be buying biltwell bootleg lighters and mesh caps at the local Mobil and we would all be scrambling to get bad flamed 4q head dannas out of defiance

Comment

• heretic530
                  • Apr 2024

as stated repeatedly this is going to be a popularity contest. As with these cases, people are going to rationalize how their favorite builder's bike is better, but 1/2 the rationalization will be absolute bullshit.
                  The PJD bike from the last one was nothing more than a rolling showpiece. I still liked it because I appreciate creativity and craftsmanship. There will be those who love it and those who hate it. If you were a JJ fan, and wanted his bike to win, you hate it.

This one will be no different. IF GMG wins, it will be because of the popularity of their show. If they don't, fans of the show will rationalize how their bike was this or that..and possibly the lamest rationalization ever..."It was more ridable..." Riedability is subjective, and people will rationalize what they deem rideable based on what they like or what fad they are following. If it was truly a contest of rideability a new paint job on a brand new road king would be the undisputed winner.

Comment

• CRFyou
                    • Mar 2010

Can Jesse James build/rebuild an engine?

I'm not trying to ask in an asshole way. He is a legend with an English wheel and likes to be the Pope of welding.

But is he a Seaman's Apprentice when it comes to putting an engine together? Or is he a Rear Admiral?

Comment

• backwithabang
                      • May 2011

I'm pretty sure dude could rebuild an engine but its not a concern at his "level". Shit I'd love to just drop brand new engines in all my builds too.

Comment

• BootsBogz
                        • Oct 2012

Have to agree

When they make these 60 - 80 thousand dollar bikes with all of the professional fabrication in house I'm not that impressed. That's why I liked the old Biker Build-Off series. By and large those builders took whatever they had lying around and made some righteous shit out of it. That's the kind of stuff I like to watch. I got real tired of OCC when they got into all the cry baby, soap opera shit and quit building bikes. I figure some "consultant" must have come in and told them what people really want to see with the result that the show went to hell in a hand basket and now it's being put out of it's misery.

Comment

• heretic530
                          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by CRFyou
                          Can Jesse James build/rebuild an engine?

I'm not trying to ask in an asshole way. He is a legend with an English wheel and likes to be the Pope of welding.

But is he a Seaman's Apprentice when it comes to putting an engine together? Or is he a Rear Admiral?
                          yeah, he has the basics of engine work down... I do not know him personally, but I am good friends with someone who grew up and went to school with him, and I vaguely remember him working on sportsters in his mother's garage.

Comment

• pointdogg48
                            • Dec 2011

all this back n forth crap talkin and yet T-bone from noise would kick all of their asses.

Comment

• Hooligan80
                              • Jul 2010

Actually, Dan "Bacon" Carr built the motor for Jesse's bike on the last build off.

Comment

• ARBY
                                • Apr 2024

Idunno. The GMG guys just look a little too hipster for me. And if they have their finger on the pulse of what's going on, how come they lose their asses at so many auctions that they put cars in?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;