X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c4ff31n3
    • Sep 2009

80 Evo & ignition coil swap, etc

Folks,

I'm having one of those days when I am considering having L-E-F-T tattooed on the knuckles of my left hand.

I'm doing some Winter work on my SPS, and am spacing on the wiring for the stock HD 31614-83A ignition coil, specifically if the two rear-most leads (not coil to spark plug wires, but then there's one from each side for those...) are the positives, which I suspect may be true.

What I'm looking for is which small 'lead' connected to the coil terminals is which, the ignition to plug cables are obvious, but there are two wires attached to the rear terminal of the coil, one to the forward terminal. The Accel coil has a central negative terminal, and two (outer) positive terminals. I haven't chased the wires 'cause I've been tearing my Honda down...
    Last edited by c4ff31n3; 02-12-2010, 7:53 AM.
  • Nicko
    • Sep 2009

You said you have an accel....

coil or full ignition, with cam plate and rotor?

Comment

• c4ff31n3
      • Sep 2009

Coil. This one: http://www.accel-motorcycle.com/Prod...minselection=3

Comment

• wickedblockhead
        • Aug 2009

you need an ignition?

Comment

• c4ff31n3
          • Sep 2009

No,

true-to-life low BAH. I am trying to remember the wiring for the stock H-D 2.89 ignition coil, so I can replace it with the Accel. I'm working both the SuckerPunch and the Honda, so am a bit spacy on the wiring for the SPS.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;