Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2010

Hard Tail Q'

With regard to stretch and drop, is there any rule of thumb to follow or points that dim's should be measured from?

Or is it as easy as guesstimating you want the axle yay far back and yay much lower than stock (taking into consideration tire O/S dia')?

Ta' muchly.
    Last edited by 59; 02-02-2010, 5:59 AM.
  • Tyler
    • Jul 2009

Pretty much just figure how much you want a stretch over stock wheel base, 2" stretch 2" over stock wheelbase axle to axle for instance.. Regarding drop, keep in mind your wheel diameters and what front end you are running. I am building a pre unit Triumph with a 1" drop in the rear, but with the 19" rear rim I am running it levels it out perfectly with the stock front end, without shortening it. With say a 2.5" drop you may need to run a 2" or 4" under springer or shorten your front end to get it to sit level.

Comment

• KT
      • Aug 2009

My Unit has a 6 inch stretch with no drop I believe ...I like them this way gives you room for the stock pegs and such so your not so cramped up ....Also if running a battery it gives more room for mounting and such ...I also like to run a 16 tire so no drop is best but 1" is fine also like tyler said ...
      Last edited by KT; 02-02-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;