CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default PLEASE HELP!! Relocate stock controls

Hey everyone, I built a 1965 triumph chopper and I learned alot and I love that bike. Im in the Army and they frown appon my chopper so I brought my 2010 wide glide down to Ft. Benning. Im wanting to put the pangea speed zphyer bars on my bike but I don't want the stock hand controls cluttering it all up. I NEED HELP. Im not good at wireing and I need some tips and tricks. or is someone is in the area that could help would be even better. I could use some chopper friends down here. THANKS EVERYONE

Jetblack

I bet they wouldn't have minded if you army green wrapped it

My bars are cluttered to hell and back; but will be cleaning them up eventually. I need to ask a question to answer your question; what all do you want to keep or required to keep by law? Like blinkers... So here's my answer in a few ways...

Internal throttle and clutch, if you don't want a clutch on your left hand grip, make it a foot clutch; if you do that you can make a suicide shift.

There's a switch system called Grip Ace, it puts all of your switches in the left grip, otherwise you can drill the bars and put small switches in them for blinkers. The rocker/toggle kill switch can be moved elsewhere. The hi/low beam on a small rocker/toggle like the blinker buttons.

No front brake removes the lever and master off the bars...you can also rig up a remote front master and just have a lever.

You can get rid of the starter button by putting in a new switch like a car has to engage the starter.

Super clean: No levers, no master, no visible switches, internal throttle and clutch...this means no front brake; unless you tie it into the rear master.

Kinda clean: All of the above except with levers; for front brake and or clutch.

Perhaps this will help give you ideas and start figuring it out; I am sure others have ideas as well...so yeah good luck cleaning those suckers up.

MadRiverMoCo

Read : This Thread

it couldn't be easier...

I think I've even got a video of Ace doing at least part of the install...

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

hey Jetblack! you gave me some ideas for sure! I Think Ill 86 the front break, at least for now. Just have to put a kill switch and starter switch some place. then get rid of my turn signals (hate the ugly fucker anyway) then Ill just have to figure out the hi/lo and a horn button...maybe. hopefully I can use my stock clutch lever cause Im also doing this on a budget. (army dont pay shit and rent is high). Again anyone in the Georgia area that might be able to help figure out some wiring would be great to. THANKS!!

Share This