Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reid
    • Jul 2012

Do it now or do it when you clean the crap out of your carb and replace the fuel line. For the record I would run it as is then be real pissed when I cleaned the crap out like I knew I would the whole time

Comment

• some1else
      • Jun 2011

get a rotisserie motor from a bb-q .mount the tank where you would put the chicken.sand bb's nuts-nbolts whatever you prefer let it run overnight or longer if required.after it is clean keep fresh gas and some gas conditioner in it.use an inline filter and you should not have any more trouble.the new ethanol makes a real mess.I'm gonna check into having my tanks interior ceramic coated I think it may be a better solution to liners that cant hold up to ethanol

Comment

• Reid
        • Jul 2012

I have been told that BBs work pretty well but have never tried it

Comment

• springer97
          • Oct 2012

my sealant on my 97 heritage springer peeled and i tried to re-coat it myself and it ended up peeling again so i said fuck it and ran it all summer with no problems as long as your petcock has a filter on it there shouldnt be a problem. another thing you could try is to by the chemical stripper for the sealant and get as much out as you can.

Comment

• springer97
            • Oct 2012

you gotta watch with the BB's because some tanks have a lip that go up into the tank where the petcock screws in and its hard as shit to get them out i put one in to test it out i ended up shaking the tank for 20 min trying to get it out.

Comment

• ARBY
              • Apr 2024

Or, if you have an old BBQ fire it up and let the tank sit for a while. Tank liner hates heat and will turn to ash if you get it hot enough. Just make sure there aren't a lot of gas fumes in it!!!

Comment

• Reid
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by springer97
                you gotta watch with the BB's because some tanks have a lip that go up into the tank where the petcock screws in and its hard as shit to get them out i put one in to test it out i ended up shaking the tank for 20 min trying to get it out.
                Again I have never tried this and forgot to mention, the guy that shared this with me uses a telescoping magnet to get them out. Do you think that would have made it easier?

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                  • Dec 2011

SEARCH:Tank Liner, Kreem, Por15, and Caswell on here.
                  It should pull up a whole mess of threads about how to remove a tank liner etc.

A few Highlights-
                  1. Kreem= Not so great

2. Radiator Shop is ideal

3. If doing the nut and bolt method.........USE A CHAIN. That way you won't leave anything behind.

4. Do NOT use a "buzzing stunt magnet" and a shoelace for anything tank related.

That being said,
                  I WOULD just run it.
                  I ALWAYS run an inline filter. Sometimes two. Coincidentally, I even run clear lines.

I will second that throwing a tank on the fire works well, but doesn't save paint.
                  I actually bought a tank on the cheap because it had a failed KREEM job(horrible).
                  After I burned that stuff outta there I found where the PO failed at removing it with MEK or Thinner and actually had a bunch of rusty sheetmetal screws come outta the tank.

Comment

• JukeJointGypsy
                    • Oct 2012

If you don't mind carrying a gas jug with you at all times and walking to the gas stations after you drain all the gas and trash each time. Go for it. If that doesn't sound like fun to you. I'd suggest either re-sealing it or \get another tank.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;