Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dberman
    • Sep 2012

What's Wrong with a White Bike?

I'm about to rebuild a stock road king. In terms of paint, I'm really leaning toward white (with black fat spoke wheels). Running this concept by friends, I'm being discouraged. They say it looks too much like a cop bike, or that I shouldn't do it unless I paint the frame white (way to much work to disassemble the entire bike down to the frame).

So I'm looking for input. What's wrong with white? I've seen some very clean bikes painted white. Is it too girly? Too law-enforcement? Too clean? Or just wrong?
  • dberman
    • Sep 2012

Here's one concept:

Photobucket

Comment

• dberman
      • Sep 2012

Here's another:

Photobucket

Comment

• cabinetjesus
        • Sep 2012

Maybe its just me but those bikes are ugly no mater color paint you put on them.

Comment

• Jetblack
          • Apr 2024

The first couch looks like Rick James has been on it.

Comment

• dberman
            • Sep 2012

Yeah, I hear ya. I used to think so too. I swore I would never be seen on a bagger. But the ride is really comfortable, I mean really comfortable. And on long trips, it matters. I can still swing a turn on the road king and scrape the floorboards.

Comment

• Jetblack
              • Apr 2024

Ride what you want no need to justify it, couches are comfortable hence the nickname. That paint looks like Rick James has been on it, I guess it's ghost flames or something but it looks like dirt.

White and chrome set each other off in my opinion, anything else looks off and dirties up the white instead of keeping it clean, even a white bike with black walls. Picture search engine a CA77 or CA95 and you'll see how the chrome and white walls set off a white bike. It stands on it's own, without embellishments from Rick James' boots.

Comment

• CaviMike
                • Sep 2012

If the thought of cleaning your bike with a Q-Tip brings joy to your life, sounds like a white bike would be perfect for you. Until I started riding year-round I could count of both hands how many times I've washed my bikes. I'll stick to black and rust.

Comment

• JamesM
                  • Jul 2012

It's YOUR bike. Do what YOU want.

Why do you care if your "friends" are giving you shit over your own opinions/tastes?

It's not middle school, grow up and paint your bike white and tell your "friends" to suck a dick.

Comment

• ironheadslim5
                    • Mar 2012

I agree that the nagger at the top is kinda ugly but I'd ride it. I have been kicking around the idea of painting mine white too. Hard to keep clean though.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                      • Sep 2011

I think white tins would look great with a black frame (if you have it already, leave it), black rims, SS spoked, black hubs. You could do something with pinstriping to set it off a little. I just saw one like this recently over at Indian Larry's. They finished one up in this same exact combo with a lot of cool details and the white looked really nice. You can do SO much with it.

Comment

• MotorCityOutlaw
                        • Sep 2009

I think white looks good, I have seen a few flat white bikes with some stripping that looked great.

Comment

• blackesthart
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cabinetjesus
                          Maybe its just me but those bikes are ugly no mater color paint you put on them.
                          I think you're on to something here

Comment

• rooster52478
                            • Aug 2010

I like white bikes. Mine was white for a while. I just let what would be my favorite daily rider pass by on Craigslist. It was a white Dyna police bike with the police bags and everything. I pissed at myself for letting it go because I can't seem to find another. Most all cop bikes I see now are Road Kings and black.

Comment

• bobscogin
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by JamesM
                              It's YOUR bike. Do what YOU want.
                              HAHA!! I love it when that response gets thrown at someone looking for an opinion! Anybody here who didn't already know without being told that he can do what he wants with his own bike, raise your hand!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;