What full face helmets are you guys (that so choose) wearing?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidabl
    • Nov 2009

..And maybe take one of those icon Helmets and put a fat contrast stripe on it.. In that 1-Shot pinstripe paint or
    even vinyl. I think my next helmet is gonna be an Icon Variant, in one of the no-graphics finish & add my own gfx

Comment

• davidabl
      • Nov 2009

..And check out that Bell Revolver on pg 1 to see what a contrast stripe can do for you.Looks good and alerts
      any other motorcyclists when you make any head movements. Or even motorists if they have working brains.

Comment

• YOURADHERE
        • Jan 2011

I recently picked up Bilt Patriot full face from the local Cycle Gear last month. It's cheap and was on sale for only $40(usually $70) and they have a great return policy so figured why not. It's great. Alot quieter than my previous shitty FF, more stable at high speeds, well ventilated and also comes with a removable cloth chin deal that keeps most air out on cool days. Has a well function mechanism that keeps the flip down shield in place, my other FF any time I turned my head to check for oncoming traffic the shield would flip open. I'm completely satified for $40. I'd like to find a tinted shield for it.

Comment

• VPNick
          • Jun 2012

fly racing f2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

• felon
            • Oct 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350934272.262612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1258946

Simpson Outlaw. Not the best for all around riding but works fine for me

Comment

• 2stroketim
              • Jan 2012

Didn't we already have a 6 page thread for this?

Originally posted by YOURADHERE
              I recently picked up Bilt Patriot full face from the local Cycle Gear last month. It's cheap and was on sale for only $40(usually $70) and they have a great return policy so figured why not. It's great. Alot quieter than my previous shitty FF, more stable at high speeds, well ventilated and also comes with a removable cloth chin deal that keeps most air out on cool days. Has a well function mechanism that keeps the flip down shield in place, my other FF any time I turned my head to check for oncoming traffic the shield would flip open. I'm completely satified for $40. I'd like to find a tinted shield for it.

Dude - you'd be better off with a plastic bowl lined with my ex's dirty panties than that thing.....

Jesus H Christ man. Not trying to be a prick, but BILT helmets are worthless. If you're after a safe helmet, you ain't got it.

Comment

• 2stroketim
                • Jan 2012

READ THIS:

this might have been posted already? ...it makes me feel like an idiot every time I set out on my bike without a solid full face lid (very often) http://www.flickr.com/photos/roentgenator/2450912496/in/photostream/

Comment

• VPNick
                  • Jun 2012

yeah i gotta agree 2stroketim...if your gonna take the switch to full face you should really get a quality helmet from a reliable and proven company...that and i hear the difference of a cheap full face and a nice one is night and day difference in comfort. i love mine and is super comfortable, wasnt cheap but i like my face and my 3/4 just doesnt do the job

Comment

• VPNick
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 2stroketim
                    that animation is what made me switch to a full face, moto/dirt style but still, my 3/4 just collects dust now

Comment

• planningoncrashing
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by davidabl
                      Ear plugs, man. Maybe even LESS cool than FF helmets, but like FF a good idea.
                      I agree. I've been wearing them for years. I'd wear them with this helmet if they fit, but every type I've tried (including the low-profile silicone ones) rub the inside of the helmet, which is super-uncomfortable. This thing has NO cutouts or indentations of any sort in the liner, so it just mashes your ears against your head. Around town, it's no big deal. One long highway trip convinced me that I need to replace the last TZ-R before I take another.

I'll also chime in on a point above. I'm not your parents, your pastor, any sort of doctor, elected official, or law enforcement officer, so I don't give a damn what you wear, but if you're interested in safety, a cheap or "vintage" full-face is probably worse than a decent modern 3/4. Old helmets tend to be too hard, and the liners have generally gone hard or are now crumbling. Even among new helmets, there are a lot of garbage helmets at all price points, but I've seen very few decent helmets for less than about three hundred bucks. After the DOT and JIS (preferably), ECE, or BSI cert, fit is the most important part, and weight is the next-most-important consideration to me. Light weight decreases the incidence of neck and spine injury, but unfortunately light, strong helmets aren't cheap. Yeah, that's an opinion, but it's one based on handling thousands of helmets (yes, really...) at various stages of wear and reading every study and set of test results I can get my hands on. (I used to sell them, and I cared about doing it well.) I've also bashed my head on the ground a few times, and I've always been lucky enough to walk away.

If you're just choosing a full face for weather protection, by all means get a cheap one, but if you want something that's actually going to protect you, educate yourself on the factors involved, find out what fits you, and then spend some coin on a decent lid. Sure, in some wrecks, a $50 helmet might protect you as well as a $500 one, and in some wrecks, either would get trashed, but if your particular wreck happens to fall in the middle, that extra $450 for a good one is a bargain.

Comment

• elsuavecito7
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by turboboat
                        I've been seeing this helmet online a lot...what's it called?

Comment

• ThePete
                          • Nov 2011

Gotta crappy ATX or some shit that came with the Katana my wife bought a few years back that I only use when doing 33 and Bacon Crew type stuff just because I think it looks bad ass after I painted it. I'm pretty sure that the DOT rating on it is long gone and its only slightly better than putting a watermelon on my grape its that beat up. I was going to go the Bilt route just to have a full face since my decent HJC went with my GSXR when I sold it and I miss it especially in the winter months but I'm holding out for Biltwell's Gringo till I make another helmet purchase, If its not something I like I'll keep an eye out for a good quality helmet thats on clearance by a reputable company (Shoei, Arai, Icon etc) and probably ruin it with a paint job.

Comment

• adamsrotors
                            • Dec 2013

selling a brand new TT&Co. detachable full face if anyone wants it: http://www.chopcult.com/adamsrotors/classifieds/79967/

photo IMG_2451_zps17d840b8.jpg

Comment

• semaj
                              • Jun 2013

Full face with shield helmets get me claustrophobic,I use a half on the street bike.
                              I do use a Fox mx helmet riding the dirt bikes or the snowmobile.The mx style helmets seem to have a wider field of view,I wear goggles or shades with it and it doesn't give me that weird closed in feeling.

Comment

• misfitJason
                                • Sep 2009

Icon variant gray etched.

Best helmet I have ever owned hands down. It works well in summer at keeping me somewhat cool

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;