What full face helmets are you guys (that so choose) wearing?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuellSporty
    • Oct 2012

What full face helmets are you guys (that so choose) wearing?

I know, before everyone roasts the new guy for starting a lamo thread about something as gay as a full face helmet I know that there are some people out there riding chops that prefer the comfort or safety over a half shell. This thread is for those that chose a full face or are like me and want to rock a full face and trying to decide which way to go. This is not a poll just let us know what full face you wear or have worn and liked?
  • JamesM
    • Jul 2012

There's a helmet thread with plenty of full face information.

Comment

• tripn88
      • Feb 2012

Suomy apex the black one. the other is an icon and I dont know why i wasted the money on it.

Comment

• hutchings
        • Sep 2010

SImpson Outlaw Bandit:

Comment

• StripperGold
          • Apr 2012

How do you like the bandit Hutchings? I was planning on getting one this winter. Do they seem to run large or small. I am right in between the large and the med. according to their website and I am not sure what size I should get.

Comment

• hutchings
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by StripperGold
            How do you like the bandit Hutchings? I was planning on getting one this winter. Do they seem to run large or small. I am right in between the large and the med. according to their website and I am not sure what size I should get.
            I did a little comparison right when I got it... Here's the link to the post in the Helmet thread.

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

I've heard people say that they run small, but I dont know if thats the older Bandits or not... The "Simpson Bandit" has been around for a while so it's hard to know what someones referring to when they comment on them.

I was also right between the Med and Large on the Simpson size chart, I usually wear a Large in other brands, but the Simpson is a Medium and fits me perfect.

After putting on a few thousand miles with it, I still love the helmet. Yes it does have a little wind lift at high speeds, no it's not the quietest helmet, and the visor mechanism is a pain in the ass to open and close with gloves on... But it looks badass!

Comment

• NHMike
              • Apr 2024

I've done nearly 6k in my Icon Variant and love it.

Comment

• coachstorms
                • Apr 2024

Wife got me a brand new Bell RS-1, gloss black with the dark visor. Got a vintage Bell Sprint too.

Comment

• mrcoffee
                  • Aug 2011

I have a HJC CS-R1 that I wear sometimes. I'm not crazy about it, it fogs pretty bad, it's noisy and after a year, the visor has become pretty clunky. I've been thinking about a Speed & Strength SS1500...

-m

Comment

• 24Cycles
                    • Sep 2009

I run the Bandit myself have since the 80s side to side vision sux but I am used to it. I also run my Biltwell on the regular. Cant wait until they toss a full face on the market. Im in like flinn

Comment

• rustrocket84
                      • Aug 2009

I have a Shark RSI that I love. I've been wearing it for about 3 years now and I don't know how many thousands of miles. The shield is easier to change than any other brand, and they are thicker than most brands. That being said I have a misshaped head and it's been the only brand I've had that I can wear comfortably. Shoei's shape doesn't fit me well at all, and neither did HJC or AGV. That would be my biggest piece of advice is to try the helmet on if you can and walk around the store with it for a while. If you order online spend the extra money and get it from revzilla or another online retailer that will do exchanges and refunds if the helmet doesn't have damage to it.

Comment

• bwleather
                        • Aug 2009

Shoei RF1100. I love it. Fits nice & light weight.

Comment

• bwleather
                          • Aug 2009

Holy shit! Just saw the price of the RF1100! Bought mine a few years back & thought it was expensive then!

Comment

• Lbfam730
                            • Nov 2009

Bell Vortex, Icon Variant, and 70's Simpson Bandit. Bell is my favorite because it's comfy and has a Transition Photochromatic shield, which darkens when exposed to sunlight and turns clear when the sun goes down.

Comment

• Buellbomb
                              • Dec 2011

Arai Corsair. Expensive, but worth it.

Light weight, good venting(the tradeoff is noise), and comfortable enough for thousand mile days.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;