CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Arai is the winner

Arai Vector 2

Get Adobe Flash player

I must correct myself. I have a Shoei RF1000, not an 1100. Still, it's a great helmet. Fits my egg dome well.

Get Adobe Flash player

AGV AX-8 Dual Evo.

It is the loudest, least-comfortable helmet I've ever worn. It actually has no ear pockets, so your ears just kind of get mashed against your head, and the visor fogs on the first hint of rain.

It's also super-light, so I love it.

Unfortunately, I'm deaf after an hour wearing it.

If you want something light and comfortable that breathes well, check out a Shoei. If they fit your head, the RF-1100 or Qwest are super-nice helmets. I used to wear TZ-Rs until they quit making them. Threw an old one on the other day. Really comfortable, not too heavy. Makes me wonder why I like that stupid AGV so much.

Get Adobe Flash player

I can't stand being forced to wear any helmet and have only been wearing a shitty little beanie forever but now it's getting cold out I thought I'd at least look into full face hats. After trying on a bunch and feeling totally claustrophobic in damn near all of them I tried on a cheapo flip front. It wasn't as bad as the others and it was on sale. I brought it home and have put a pile of miles on with it and can't believe how fucking awesome it is! It's so warm and I can hear my tunes and my eyes aren't watering, and the wind isn't trying to rip it off my head. I dunno about wearing it in the hot summer, but for fall riding it's the tits!

Get Adobe Flash player

1982 Bell MOTO 3
    2013 Fox V3
    TT&Co Stormtrooper

Get Adobe Flash player

5 yrs on a Simpson Bandit. IMHO there is no other helmet on the planet that looks remotely as good as the Bandit series..that being said it's noisy, heavy, fogs up easily, visor mechanism is a fucking joke and vents for shit....buuut it's safe, strong and looks killer. so I put up with it.

Get Adobe Flash player

I had a newer Fulmer and hated it, got a vintage one and had Renee (primo helmet design) reline it, and it is the bee's knees.

turboboat

Get Adobe Flash player

icon airframe- construct. love everything about it

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by planningoncrashing View Post
    AGV AX-8 Dual Evo.

It is the loudest, least-comfortable helmet I've ever worn. It actually has no ear pockets, so your ears just kind of get mashed against your head, and the visor fogs on the first hint of rain.

It's also super-light, so I love it.

Unfortunately, I'm deaf after an hour wearing it.

If you want something light and comfortable that breathes well, check out a Shoei. If they fit your head, the RF-1100 or Qwest are super-nice helmets. I used to wear TZ-Rs until they quit making them. Threw an old one on the other day. Really comfortable, not too heavy. Makes me wonder why I like that stupid AGV so much.
    Ear plugs, man. Maybe even LESS cool than FF helmets, but like FF a good idea.

Get Adobe Flash player

..And maybe take one of those icon Helmets and put a fat contrast stripe on it.. In that 1-Shot pinstripe paint or
    even vinyl. I think my next helmet is gonna be an Icon Variant, in one of the no-graphics finish & add my own gfx

Get Adobe Flash player

..And check out that Bell Revolver on pg 1 to see what a contrast stripe can do for you.Looks good and alerts
    any other motorcyclists when you make any head movements. Or even motorists if they have working brains.

Get Adobe Flash player

I recently picked up Bilt Patriot full face from the local Cycle Gear last month. It's cheap and was on sale for only $40(usually $70) and they have a great return policy so figured why not. It's great. Alot quieter than my previous shitty FF, more stable at high speeds, well ventilated and also comes with a removable cloth chin deal that keeps most air out on cool days. Has a well function mechanism that keeps the flip down shield in place, my other FF any time I turned my head to check for oncoming traffic the shield would flip open. I'm completely satified for $40. I'd like to find a tinted shield for it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...met/web1010738

Get Adobe Flash player

fly racing f2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Get Adobe Flash player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350934272.262612.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	30868

Simpson Outlaw. Not the best for all around riding but works fine for me

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Didn't we already have a 6 page thread for this?

Quote Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post
    I recently picked up Bilt Patriot full face from the local Cycle Gear last month. It's cheap and was on sale for only $40(usually $70) and they have a great return policy so figured why not. It's great. Alot quieter than my previous shitty FF, more stable at high speeds, well ventilated and also comes with a removable cloth chin deal that keeps most air out on cool days. Has a well function mechanism that keeps the flip down shield in place, my other FF any time I turned my head to check for oncoming traffic the shield would flip open. I'm completely satified for $40. I'd like to find a tinted shield for it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...met/web1010738

Dude - you'd be better off with a plastic bowl lined with my ex's dirty panties than that thing.....

Jesus H Christ man. Not trying to be a prick, but BILT helmets are worthless. If you're after a safe helmet, you ain't got it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah i gotta agree 2stroketim...if your gonna take the switch to full face you should really get a quality helmet from a reliable and proven company...that and i hear the difference of a cheap full face and a nice one is night and day difference in comfort. i love mine and is super comfortable, wasnt cheap but i like my face and my 3/4 just doesnt do the job

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 2stroketim View Post
    that animation is what made me switch to a full face, moto/dirt style but still, my 3/4 just collects dust now

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by davidabl View Post
    Ear plugs, man. Maybe even LESS cool than FF helmets, but like FF a good idea.
    I agree. I've been wearing them for years. I'd wear them with this helmet if they fit, but every type I've tried (including the low-profile silicone ones) rub the inside of the helmet, which is super-uncomfortable. This thing has NO cutouts or indentations of any sort in the liner, so it just mashes your ears against your head. Around town, it's no big deal. One long highway trip convinced me that I need to replace the last TZ-R before I take another.

I'll also chime in on a point above. I'm not your parents, your pastor, any sort of doctor, elected official, or law enforcement officer, so I don't give a damn what you wear, but if you're interested in safety, a cheap or "vintage" full-face is probably worse than a decent modern 3/4. Old helmets tend to be too hard, and the liners have generally gone hard or are now crumbling. Even among new helmets, there are a lot of garbage helmets at all price points, but I've seen very few decent helmets for less than about three hundred bucks. After the DOT and JIS (preferably), ECE, or BSI cert, fit is the most important part, and weight is the next-most-important consideration to me. Light weight decreases the incidence of neck and spine injury, but unfortunately light, strong helmets aren't cheap. Yeah, that's an opinion, but it's one based on handling thousands of helmets (yes, really...) at various stages of wear and reading every study and set of test results I can get my hands on. (I used to sell them, and I cared about doing it well.) I've also bashed my head on the ground a few times, and I've always been lucky enough to walk away.

If you're just choosing a full face for weather protection, by all means get a cheap one, but if you want something that's actually going to protect you, educate yourself on the factors involved, find out what fits you, and then spend some coin on a decent lid. Sure, in some wrecks, a $50 helmet might protect you as well as a $500 one, and in some wrecks, either would get trashed, but if your particular wreck happens to fall in the middle, that extra $450 for a good one is a bargain.

Share This