Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatchet54
    • Sep 2012

Help: Fat fork covers. Solution?

I saw this video earlier today and I am now convinced that those fat fork covers are the single most important thing missing from my KZ750.

(btw, those Japanese bobber guys really know a good ride when they see one)

Those Harley slider covers are attached in some mystical way that I can't fathom working on my Jap bike. Something involving brackets and screws.

Long story short, since the Harley ones will never work, I want to scratch-build some of these things. Before I start though, I need an idea of how to attach them.

Who wants to give me some ideas on how to build these things?

Here is a picture of the type of fork I am working with (this is a member's bike from Kzrider):

• MB
    • Aug 2009

I think there was a guy on ebay making stainless ones for cb750 - he was also making cafe rear sections.
    Sorry I have no idea who he is.
    Could be adaptable to the KZ?
    Hope this helps.

Comment

• Hatchet54
      • Sep 2012

Hey, it's a lead. I'll do some research with the CB750 bit and see if I can pull any names.

Thanks!

Comment

• Jonnycakes
        • Apr 2024

He make 'em

Comment

• JamesM
          • Jul 2012

Holy poop that Ironhead is sweet.

I really dig those fork covers from benjis, but not the price.

Comment

• Hatchet54
            • Sep 2012

I was talking to a guy who was selling these and he actually gave me a really good theory.

I'm thinking to make an oval-shaped bracket with two screw holes on either end and a big hole in the middle. Sort of looks like a transistor. Then I will weld this onto the bottom lip of my lower triple tree bracket to make a pseudo-Harley bracket. Then those covers should be able to bolt right on.

I really need to find a good welder. My ideas are stacking up too fast.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;