The Greasy Dozen Builds 2013 (Official 13)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaddleTramps
    • Nov 2012

Okay... been a while since we've posted anything. A long while. So, figured we better start getting back into the documenting of our builds.

Ordered a shit ton of parts from OBB: Sprockets, gasket sets, stearing bearings, wheel bearings, chains, fork seals, etc. etc. I think the shopping cart had around 22 items. Had to spend the tax returns on parts before it disappeared at the bar.

Had a little set back with the air compressor. Glen decided to break it.

So, scraped up some funds and bought a new one.

Our next step is to finish up the engine rebuilds and sand down the frames. I've got a rinky dink sand blaster, so we'll give that little guy a shot. Otherwise, just some good ol' fashioned elbow grease.. and a pneumatic sander.

Comment

• lostwire
      • Jun 2012

A big ol' box of goodies arrived this past Friday. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to post any pics yet due to alcohol, an OHL hockey game (go Saginaw!) and, well... more alcohol. Hey, it's the weekend. Fun pics to follow.

Comment

• AnthonyN
        • Oct 2012

Damn!!!! I received an insanely big box of goodies!!!!! I will post a picture asap. Thank you so much Bear from Old Bike Barn for all the hard work and stress. Thank you to all of the sponsors.....Old, Bike Barn, Kick Start Cycle, David, Bird, Biltwell, Lowbrow, Speed Dealer Customs, Low SIde Mag, Show Class Mag, Indian Larry Motorcycles, Burly Brand, T.C. Bros, Moore Sensible, Wimmer Cycle, Old School Helmets, Kundratic, Old Skool Kool, Rock & Ride, and Wrench Mag. (Hopefully I didn't forget anyone) Thank you all so much, this would never have been possible without you.

Comment

• xnewmanx
          • Aug 2012

I had some tickets to the second row of Monday Night Raw (This is NOT my thing at all, but I went for a laugh)... made sure to wear my Greasy Dozen T shirt and I'm sure it showed up on live TV a few times.

Comment

• AnthonyN
            • Oct 2012

How to mount a David Bird hardtail to 1977 Harley Ironhead Sportster

I wanted to say thank you to Bear from Old Bike Barn and David Bird for suppling me with a hardtail for my 1977 Harley Ironhead Sportster. So I decided to do a "how to" on how I mounted my hardtail. So here it goes.........

1.) Remove wheel, fender, fender suports, and swing arm
            How_To_Hardtail_01
            How_To_Hardtail_02

2.) Remove riveted breaker mount
            How_To_Hardtail_03

3.) Start cutting the frame fender supports and accessory mount
            How_To_Hardtail_05
            Lead_Image

4.) Grind, smooth, and round out top of the center down tube
            How_To_Hardtail_06

5.) Grind and smooth out where the fender support braces and and accessory mounts were cut off of the center down tube
            How_To_Hardtail_07

6.) Clamp hard tail flush to the center down tube. Drill a 3/8 hole through the top and bottom of the top frame tube. Use the provided holes in the hard tail as a location guide
            How_To_Hardtail_08

7.) Remove hard tail and use a step up bit or a 5/8 drill bit and stretch out only the top hole you just drilled
            How_To_Hardtail_09

8.) Insert 5/8 slug and grind fluch to the frame tube
            How_To_Hardtail_10

9.) Reinstall hard tail and insert the two longest bolts and washers provided through the top of the frame. Then slip a washer on the bottom of the bolt and lightly tighten the lock nut

10) Install the reaming four bolts and lock washers into the bottom holes. The two shorter bolts go into the front of the hard tail and the longer bolts go into the rear of the hard tail. Once the bolts are installed, torque all bolts to 25ft lbs. Once all bolts are tight, bend the lock washer tabs down around the bolt heads on the bottom of the hard tail.
            How_To_Hardtail_11

11.) Enjoy your new David Bird hard tail.
            How_To_Hardtail_12

Comment

• dbfab
              • May 2010

Good job. Looks great.

Comment

• SewerRob
                • Dec 2011

Nice pics Anthony, you sure can't tell from them what your day job is

Comment

• AnthonyN
                  • Oct 2012

Thanks dbfab and Rob!

Comment

• Gore138
                    • May 2010

Bung-zilla

[ATTACH]36957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36961[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Gore138
                      • May 2010

[ATTACH]36962[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36965[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Gore138
                        • May 2010

[ATTACH]36968[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36969[/ATTACH]

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
                          • Sep 2011

Sorry for the delayed post Ive been beyond busy in the shop with work
                          Big thanks again to Bear and all the sponsors I received my parts and swag package last week and its all awesome stuff I was very happy to see all the great products in there along with a nice selection of awesome t shirts and magazines.
                          Thanks again to you guys

Bear sorry for the delay but heres a pic of me (and my daughter) with the Greasy Dozen Bike
                           photo 4D5A055D-A084-4667-887F-459231D314E1-36138-00001E3C6C67C9E1_zpsc6b8d13d.jpg

Comment

• jaycagney
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by AnthonyN

11.) Enjoy your new David Bird hard tail.
                            How_To_Hardtail_12
                            looks good, thanks for posting the step by step. did you mention the stretch and drop on it? I'm in the market and I'm not sure if you posted it already

Comment

• Valvesprung
                              • Dec 2011

Movin' right along now

A sexy pile of pure unadulterated potential right here:

These will be the eccentrics for the stainless steel tube swing arm...I literally can't put into words how stoked I am for this piece...
                              Hoping we'll have the bike as a roller in under 2 weeks...#fingerscrossed

Since you guys haven't seen the brilliance that my homey Lee turns out, you need to check out his blog: (Not always work safe )
                              Motorcycles and Hotrods of all forms, boobies, food, books, music and anything else that my brain might vomit forth! [email protected]

Comment

• AnthonyN
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jaycagney
                                looks good, thanks for posting the step by step. did you mention the stretch and drop on it? I'm in the market and I'm not sure if you posted it already
                                Thanks. Its a David Bird 4" stretch with a 2" drop.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;