Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Horizinn
    • Sep 2012

Any Vermont guys out there?

Hey, just joined chopcult after a recommendation from a friend. I live in southern Vermont, near Brattleboro. Been building a KZ1000 chopper for way too long now. Riding season is winding down up here but I've got a heated garage and a bike to finish; just looking to meet some like minded people to hang and ride with. Thanks.
    -Nate
  • MadRiverMoCo
    • Mar 2024

Oh hell yes, there are Vermonters on here!!!

There are few days as memorable as those spent in service to the road. Two-by-two, throttles wicked open, there is no struggle for balance—this is thirty minds in a line cutting corners for the fun of it—men and their machines and the world underneath them. Some roads are pockets of richness; some never stop giving: blends of sun on climbing curves, wide s-turns beneath the shade of heavy branches overhead, the river jutting back and forth and under, the noise of a thousand controlled explosions a fittingly symphonic soundtrack to the spring-fed rapids. For hours the riders charged, but the road didn’t let up. This was a mountain of kicks. Back down the other side, the pack was still going full bore. The only sounds were the engines, and the wind, and the occasional joyful howl. At the campsite, they feasted on fresh-grilled grub and slopped brew from big glass growlers. The fire burned late, and the sleep came easy. For days after, the ride stayed there with them, jamming to a low rumble beat the rest of the world could not hear . . .
    Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2012, 1:05 PM.

Comment

• TS
      • May 2010

NATE! glad you joined up man!

Comment

• Horizinn
        • Sep 2012

Hey brotherman! This forum is bordering on me being social; kinda scary! I'll shoot you a text later on.

Comment

• Horizinn
          • Sep 2012

Madrivermoco

Hey thanks for the welcome, madriver. I saw a post you put in another thread; do you have a bike shop? If so, where? Take it easy.

Comment

• Shredder
            • Jul 2012

Hey there, I'm in Addison County by lake champlain. I run a small shop. Welding, machine tools, towing and hauling. I'm known to most as Mac. I've been on CC for just a little while myself, nice to meet you fellas. Over the internet anyways.

Comment

• Hyde802
              • May 2013

Bumping an old thread.

Central VT here. Lets ride!

Comment

• Jimbo
                • Aug 2009

not far from you

if your in berlin !

Comment

• vtrider
                  • Mar 2011

I'm in Waterbury

Comment

• Hyde802
                    • May 2013

Nice, I do live in Berlin. Ride to Hardwick and back every day. Bike is currently in the shop, but should be out by the end of next week.

Comment

• Jimbo
                      • Aug 2009

i bet i pass you in the mornings

or you go by as i am leaving for work

Comment

• Hyde802
                        • May 2013

Oh yeah? Small world. I leave my house around 7 to be in Hardwick by 8, then leave hardwick around 430... Where would I be passing you, I take 14 the whole way.

I should have my bike back on the road with in a week or two. Bummer its been so rainy, but is making me not feel as bad about having the bike in the shop.

Comment

• Hyde802
                          • May 2013

Bikes out of the shop just in time for a killer weekend if riding. Couple quick little fixes, new set of tires going on this week, then ill be ready to pound out some miles!

Comment

• MadRiverMotorCo
                            • Mar 2024

Jesus...

You woodchucks should stop by - well, you should have stopped by - now that route 100 through the gulf is gone...maybe not so much - - but I got to get you guys out riding with the rest of the New England reprobates...

They're should be a pack of VTers leaving for the Herding Cats party in August - you should definitely hit that up (Sunderland is like 20 minutes from Brattleboro) - we do spring and fall runs out of our farm in Granville - always a good time, just underrepresented by the VT folks (and would probably have a shop up and operational were it not for that **** Irene) ...
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2013, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• Hyde802
                              • May 2013

I thought about going to that, but its the same weekend as my Off road club is hosting a pretty large meeting for the rest of the New England Assoc of 4wd clubs...

Stuff like this-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHDNawajgD4

This one is my video --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7591_BMdB8o

Some other time for sure though.. I did about 250 miles this weekend went through Grotton state forest, through danville, morrisville, then back down 12 to East Montp. (abouts where I live) and then took 110 down to Royalton on sunday then back up 14 through randolph and the like, was sure nice to have it not be raining.
                              Last edited by Hyde802; 07-09-2013, 7:41 AM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;