CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Speedometer Problems

I ride an '11 883 and lately my speedo has been cutting out on me when I slow down from time to time. It doesn't happen often, and only started after I lifted my tank and relocated the speedo.

Is it possible my speed sensor went out? I'm thinking it may be a connection problem or a stripped wire someplace. I got caught in a hailstorm a while back and when I checked everything some water was inside my plug connection.

I'm trying to avoid taking this thing in and having someone else poke around on my dime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33982_310222249061430_1978249842_n.jpg   205368_325977620819226_1550946309_n.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Odds are that if your problem just started after a wire tuck and speedo relocation, that your problem is a faulty wire splice or wire connection. You might also be intermittently pinching a wire. Retrace your speedo wiring and verify that no wires are pinched in a tight spot, that you've got solid splices (if you had to splice them), and good clean connections.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks. Yeah, next rainy day that sounds like a good idea. I hope it's something simple like that.

Share This