Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldStfCycle
    • Aug 2010

Right on thanks guys, will still see you all at bf5 reguardless.

Comment

• Doesy
      • Oct 2010

Yeah this one got my vote, it's wicked.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
        • Aug 2010

working on some small stuff. Every time I find original motor frame skid plate they have this clamp mark on them ? I've been hearing about this silicon bronze rod for awhile now from friends so this was the perfect part to try it on. I've been using 70s forever. Going take a few times to get used to it but I can tell I'm already going to like this welding rod and want to use it on the tanks for sure.
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket

Comment

• MercuryMoto67
          • Mar 2011

I wouldn't recommend SB for welding up tanks. Maybe little nicks but not halves. Although SB welds super smooth and flows nicely, it doesn't have the strength as 70s. Only about half the strength. All those vibrations could crack it. Plus, body filler doesn't like to stick to it very well.

What you used it for on that skid is the perfect purpose for it. It fills in easy, shapes nicely and only requires little heat. So you keep the distortion down.
          Last edited by MercuryMoto67; 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
            • Aug 2010

Thanks for the info. sometimes you got to stick to what your used to working with, 70s works well for me. I will continue to play with the other rod. Sometimes I get bitching looking welds but I know it's not always about how pretty it looks.

Comment

• MercuryMoto67
              • Mar 2011

The thing with SB is that it melts at such a low temp. Think of it like sweating. You can lay super nice welds without getting the base metal in a liquid state. The SB just flows into the nooks and crannies and acts like glue for metal. I love the stuff, but like everything else, it has its place.

Love those exhaust hangers man.

Comment

• Gonz
                • Jul 2012

Try running a bead with ER70, then run a cap pass with the SB. You get the best of both worlds!

Comment

• Gonz
                  • Jul 2012

Then... Polish up the bronz weld, it looks killer! Nice build by the way! Got my vote!

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                    • Aug 2010

just made sense to connect these two. Still comes off the bike easy. four bolts and two linkage pins and both controls will pull off.
                    Photobucket
                    Photobucket

Comment

• krampus
                      • Jun 2011

insane

Comment

• 38knuckle
                        • Jul 2010

You got my vote.. Excellent work Mike..

Comment

• SF
                          • Dec 2012

realy dign your build man, i like it

Comment

• DieTryin666
                            • Dec 2012

Win or lose man, those are some skills I strive for one day.
                            epic build ... inspiring. Keep up the awesome work .... style points for dayyyys homie.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                              • Aug 2010

Thanks ! I don't mind losing that deal.. I stopped checking the results last week. Turned into a keyboard competition. I'm still building a bike.. not a social network of "friends". I'm not bagging on any of the contenders, you got to do what you must and I didn't try hard for it. I hate it when a friend tries to sell me some special fruit juice in a pyramid scheme so I could never do this in order to make votes. I checked the results today and at least some pretty cool bikes will make it in. Congrats to those guys. I was on the fence about joining the SC comp from the start but glad I did. It was just about forcing myself to stop taking on jobs and do something I want. By announcing that I was building something it made a commitment and added the wind to the sails to sorta speak. So I'm still thankful to SC for the first run. I'm still going to attempt to finish this thing in time for bf5 but now the pressure is off.

Comment

• bigxrdoug
                                • May 2011

I'm hoping to get to born free this year (I'm in new zealand) and I really want to see this bike as I have just been offered insane money for my custom shovel and I am thinking of doing that front end on a rigid Idea I have bouncing around in my head,also my mate Alan Richards is one of the featured builders at born free so I will be there to support him.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;