CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default Blockhead is derogatory?

So, today after a good long trip around the great state of Arkansas, I pulled into a gas 'N go for a fill up and Gatorade before heading back to the house. My happy little 80" Evo powered softail scoot sat in the shady spot next to the bags of ice, and like always, drew a crowd while I was inside. As I was a bit dehydrated, and had been riding for about 5 hours, I figured I'd sit and drink my gatorade and shoot the shit with the geezers that had flocked to my shiny red bike. Well, as it happens, I'm a pretty nice guy most days and since I'd been riding and having fun most of the day, I was in a good mood. The random older dude, (60?) said "it's a great build, but too bad it's one of those godawful blockheads. Ha ha ha. "
    Huh? Am I missing something, mr pulled in on the gnarliest goldwing I have ever seen?

I had always been under the assumption that the evo was a great motor and performed great? The guy kept talking and it was obvious that in the five minutes he rambled on about my bike and how ugly the motor was (I still don't get that) but also obvious that he believed the term "blockhead" to be a derogatory term for the evo. Did I miss the memo?! I always kinda liked the term blockhead. It sounded totally suitable to the motor. Am I the only one that doesn't get this?

Sounds too me like ole goober is desperately trying to coin a new derogatory term for an evo. No, I doubt you got the memo, cause it was never sent.

I guess some folks just feel better by puttin other folks and their likes down. Sorta makes me feel likethe old man is a blockhead..........

Good on you for not lettin it bring down your good vibe you got from your ride!

Like the old song says, "Everybody needs someone to look down on,"

Life is short. Ride hard mofo.

Blockhead is derogatory?.. Well, that's news to me.
    It's just the nickname for the evo motor in keeping with the the flat, knuckle, pan, & shovelhead motor names.

I'm thinking the guy was just trying to sound all old school to show you what a true baddass he is.. so you wouldn't think he was pussy because he was on a Goldwing...you know.. kinda like how the last "real" harley motor was the shovelhead.
    I remember when the evos came out, and I wasn't as keen on the look of the blockead as the older motors.. but since twin cams have come out and retired them, and the fact that the evos have aged and have such good reputations, they have earned their place along sid the "real" harley motors.
    They may not be "hallowed".. like you don't see them in David Mann paintings, but they have earned their respect among the biker crowd... except for maybe a few douchebags on Goldwings, here and there.

Why is it called a panhead? Couldn't keep all the shit on a plate....

Why is it called a shovel head? Couldn't keep all the shit in a spade....

And so on...

Dude.......
    I wouldn't trip over it.
    AngryJohnny pretty much hit the nail on the "head".

The dude came from a "Hear No Evo, Speak No Evo, Ride No Evo" time.

My buddy's dad called me a yuppie queer cuz my rigid shovel wasn't black.......
    Just gotta laugh about it I guess.

ARBY

Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Ironhead, Shovelhead, Blockhead, Twinkie (Fathead) and Bubblehead.

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhorsetattoo View Post
    So, today after a good long trip around the great state of Arkansas, I pulled into a gas 'N go for a fill up and Gatorade before heading back to the house. My happy little 80" Evo powered softail scoot sat in the shady spot next to the bags of ice, and like always, drew a crowd while I was inside. As I was a bit dehydrated, and had been riding for about 5 hours, I figured I'd sit and drink my gatorade and shoot the shit with the geezers that had flocked to my shiny red bike. Well, as it happens, I'm a pretty nice guy most days and since I'd been riding and having fun most of the day, I was in a good mood. The random older dude, (60?) said "it's a great build, but too bad it's one of those godawful blockheads. Ha ha ha. "
    Huh? Am I missing something, mr pulled in on the gnarliest goldwing I have ever seen?

I had always been under the assumption that the evo was a great motor and performed great? The guy kept talking and it was obvious that in the five minutes he rambled on about my bike and how ugly the motor was (I still don't get that) but also obvious that he believed the term "blockhead" to be a derogatory term for the evo. Did I miss the memo?! I always kinda liked the term blockhead. It sounded totally suitable to the motor. Am I the only one that doesn't get this?
    You shoulda told the faggot to park his teakettle and polish your blockhead and then your saucerhead.

Share This