• Show
Clear All
  • tuba6869
    • Oct 2012

not my style but it does look good!

Comment

• Jetblack
      • Apr 2024

Ok it's been awhile, I tore a tendon; so I was out of building mode it's finally better, so update time again...

Sissy Bar It is set at 60 degrees same as the fork angle. Nothing like something to strap shit too; the trident as a nod to my family in the VA beach Chesapeake bay area...and Windsor Woods.

Marker lights to fit the theme of the bike and fill rail holes.

Happy holidays 33

Comment

• snakeman40
        • Jul 2012

Yo man, that thing gets sicker by the day! I've been in a slump for quite awhile. gotta get back to it.....haven't finished the paint on mine yet but gettin there. My camera broke so can't post pics yet, but you def fired me up to finish mine, maybe this weekend...but, Great jod love the skull lights...nice details...congrats!

Comment

• Jetblack
          • Apr 2024

I've been hearing about this paint, looking forward to seeing it when ya bang it out and can throw something up. Slumps suck; on the bright side it's more planning time...plus if you're no rush to grab a part you won't settle, one you want may pop up when in the slump.

My sissy worked out like that, it spent it's whole bike life on a 69 Triumph; and was what I was looking for. When it arrived I didn't have the heart to cut it up and bend it, so it didn't look as just a bolt on...I did have to widen it an 1"-1/2 on both sides, to go from a 7" fender to a 10".

I am glad to be able to inspire some one to stay motivated; or get motivated on their build. I am so burnt out it isn't even funny...been trying anything to pop out of it. The tendon in my shoulder was lame; cabin fever was setting in, now it's the holidays...I am kinda thinking fuck; if I don't work on it while I can, it's just gonna be life shit stopping me when I am in the mood like it has been doing.

Comment

• davyhoskins88
            • Aug 2011

Dude! First of all, the bike is killer. Second, masking the wheels with a deck of cards? That's just cool.

Comment

• Jetblack
              • Apr 2024

Thank you sir; my new seat material came in today, so that means I am going to work on my upfront wiring and install a new cam chain tensioner...here in a bit. Trying to force myself to finish things from the front wheel leading to the very back, with belt adjustment being last before I fire it over...

I got shot pretty hard with a BB (build burnout) around the middle of October...and have been dragging ass ever since; the weather is freakishly warmer here it's 72 right now so that's helping motivate. I tend to hibernate over the winter.

Comment

• Jetblack
                • Apr 2024

Gas gauge finished:

New levers:

Battery box:

Speedo cup:

Theme of the bike: The Venture Brothers http://venturebrosblog.com/about/

Inspiration for the build: Molotov Cocktease

Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Niner
                  • Jan 2013

HIlarious! You've created a fan.

That bike is awesome! Love the color scheme.

Comment

• junkyardxl
                    • Mar 2012

Good shit here man. Got to love some fresh ingenuity

Comment

• derekd403
                      • Jan 2012

That gas gauge is crafty as hell! I may have to entertain that idea on my bike, I ride alot of freeway to and from work and there's no worse feeling than bring stuck on the side of the road in the dark w cars flying by you at 80.

Comment

• Jetblack
                        • Apr 2024

It's been awhile since I had any updates, busy busy busy bee, that being said here we go. Gotta love a seat fiasco... the seat kept coming up short of what I wanted. So after blowing well over 400 bucks on various seats not to my liking.

I decided to just get fabulous... err fiberlous as in fibered out a pan, cut up one of the purchased seats, shaped the foam with a gel insert, then hand stitched it all up... so here it is; first attempt at making a seat btw. I know I am going to get a palm pusher for needles in the future... my finger tips are done from shoving that shit through there so many times.

I planned for a longer swing arm in the future, at the start of this build, so I left plenty of room in the rear area for that to change. It could move 4 inches back 4 down and 2 on both sides to accommodate about any thing I ever wanted to slap under there.

Comment

• davidabl
                          • Nov 2009

Methinks it's gone from "Wabi Sabi" to "Wasabi"...Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Maybe even "Kemosabe" what with that front fender ornament ;-)

Comment

• Jetblack
                            • Apr 2024

Yeah it's all shiny and shit now, after it's done it'll get a good cleaning photos then basically rot on the frame never to be cleaned again so the sabi part is gonna take time...

Kemosabe makes a lot of sense; besides the guide light, it has Indian fenders... front is a scout and rear is a spirit, front blinkers, blinker/tail light combo, plate mount, not to mention the 6 foot 210lb Indian bastard that's going to be sitting in the saddle. xp

Comment

• davidabl
                              • Nov 2009

I got me an "Indian" too.. from Akashi Japan ;-)

There's a few vintage Indian parts on it (H.-D. as well) as well as some repro stuff. Minor cutting,welding & fab. Still original paint.

I've been watching these economy Rising Sun bike builds 'cause I want to finish it up & get some money back out of it and do something a little cheaper and a lot more stripped down..
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Jetblack
                                • Apr 2024

Nice, you'll definitely get more cash out of it, if you knock the drifter off, and clone badge it Indian. That's one of the things that's kept it so valuable in resell... you probably know that already though. I was going to Gilroy Chief the fenders; but the people selling them; were always price gouging on the shipping cost over a 100 bucks per fender... so yeah no thanks. I was going to cut skirts for these; but liked the way it looked in mock up; the rear fender is bear claw shaped not something seen too often.

Nice thing about metrics... a lot of things directly swapable; from model to model and even brand to brand. The VN750, EX500 and EN500 motors both bolt directly in the frame from what I've read, so I'm not pigeon holed in anyway with this thing, parts are in massive abundance and cheap as hell.

So I think you're looking in the right place honestly, I've built and flipped Harley thought I wanted one with the first... But the image was so much leather, bad metal, feathered mullets... just bad cliche all around in those days... every 50 year old snaggle toothed, saggy stretch mark titted broad, always wanting to get down caterwauling rebel yells... it all just made me feel dirty. The early 90's was a bad time to be riding Harley in my opinion. Japanese was a welcome skank repellent and I haven't looked back.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;