CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

White plastidip for D.I.Y. whitewalls?

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by davidabl View Post
    White plastidip for D.I.Y. whitewalls?
    Maybe... there's probably a youtube video of someone doing it if it's been done.

Wolfie

I probably wasn't tea totaling that day.
    Whats tea ?....lolol.....

But hay....really on that Killz shit ????....Im a senile headcase, so Im willing to try, lol.....I mean, wtf ?....New Shinko front WW is like $68, rear is like $72....Killz is like $12/gal ?....oh yeah....more beer fer Wolfie....gettin a Harbor Freight bike jack soon, oh yeah, I can see this...."Man suffocates when face gets coated with Killz paint".....I best get some vodka when I try this....

Hay...ya never know if ya dont try....right ?....thats where all innovations come from.....and Im crazy enough to try anything....

Get Adobe Flash player

Vaseline is also good for masking difficult shapes and things that tape won't stick to.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by punkrod View Post
    Vaseline is also good for masking difficult shapes and things that tape won't stick to.
    Yep. I have used this method many times. There are a lot of wheel/tire combos where cards just wont fit.

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Whats tea ?....lolol.....

But hay....really on that Killz shit ????....Im a senile headcase, so Im willing to try, lol.....I mean, wtf ?....New Shinko front WW is like $68, rear is like $72....Killz is like $12/gal ?....oh yeah....more beer fer Wolfie....gettin a Harbor Freight bike jack soon, oh yeah, I can see this...."Man suffocates when face gets coated with Killz paint".....I best get some vodka when I try this....

Hay...ya never know if ya dont try....right ?....thats where all innovations come from.....and Im crazy enough to try anything....
    Someone disgruntled at the Ranger company blew the whistle that, that's what it is. I've heard that the best shit to use, having researched painting on whitewalls before... is line marker paint they use for the lines in parking lots. If anyone scoffs at painting them on, painted on whitewalls goes back to hotrodding in the 50's.

There's another option... Port-a-walls those things have been around a long time too.

Edit to add: Oh, I forgot that white rubberized roof sealer is supposed to be really really good, but since it's not a spray you have to spin it on too.
    Last edited by Jetblack; 07-25-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Kind of a misleading post, as you painted the rims, not the tires, .I made templates, and painted 1/4 at a time....PITA !....next season I will have new Shinko WW tires, lol....tire paint dont last....
    I was thinking the same thing..I've seen pix of H.-D. with a pair of thin ww stripes on the rear, a single narrow ww stripe (or yellow) up front. I'd like to be able do it (or the wideWW in back narrow ww up front)

Have to figure out an efficient way to do the masking. And then brush on that Plastidip stuff that people make tool handles with. It seems stickier than the Plastidip sprays.

I've also thought about just painting narrow white stripes on the lips of the rims :-)

Jetblack

Quote Originally Posted by davidabl View Post
    I was thinking the same thing..I've seen pix of H.-D. with a pair of thin ww stripes on the rear, a single narrow ww stripe (or yellow) up front. I'd like to be able do it (or the wideWW in back narrow ww up front)

Have to figure out an efficient way to do the masking. And then brush on that Plastidip stuff that people make tool handles with. It seems stickier than the Plastidip sprays.

I've also thought about just painting narrow white stripes on the lips of the rims :-)
    If you need to mask at the rim, for the tire... deflate the tire and run the sticky edge of tape along the upper edge of the rim that way it follows the circle of the rim naturally instead of trying to finesse around it like pinstripe taping.

Share This