CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default My new toy!! VLX

My 2000 Honda VLX, love this bike!!

Get Adobe Flash player

now chop it

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool lookin bike man

Get Adobe Flash player

I have an 88, the first year they started to make the VLXs, I see that your radiator cover is chromed, as well as the rest of the panels, like in the neck area, are those metal? or did they chrome plastic? and was it the previous owner that chromed it all? or did honda do this for certain customers that requested it? my shadow VLX, is burgundy, and so are all the panels and frame yahdah yahdah! here are some pics, I did try to sell my VLX, but, people tried to either get me to send them money first through western union, or, others tried to knock down the price by going by kelly blue book, I told them to "F" off, they have no idea what a customized bike goes for, and besides, if I ever had a stock bike, I would not know what to do, except modify the hell out of it, and lose all that I lost off of the VLX I still have after all these years, lets see, I have had my VLX, since 1992, and man! has it seen some changes There, I think the last photo shows my chromed radiator cover, which is metal, my wife's shadow, which is a 2001 shadow spirit 750 v-twin has a radiator cover, but is plastic,and not only that, the air cooling fins on her motor are bolted onto the cylinders, they are not true air cooled fins like the VLXs are, at least the VLX fins are real and a part of the motor, the only reason I discovered this, is because, I had to change her spark plugs just to be sure, and in order to do that, I had to remove some of the air cooling fins,. which do no such thing, they are fakes, i hate fake things, but, I cannot do anything about this,as we have owned her shadow for quite a long time now, and it will not be going back to be returned, as she likes her shadow more than her chopper that I put my soul into building

Get Adobe Flash player

And for my air cleaner housing, it used to have a clear coat upon it, that was turining yellow, so, I removed it by using a solvent, I cannot remeber which type, but, after that, I polished it up to bring out a good shine to it, I see that yours might be chromed, I guess chrome can be over used if you want, but, really it would look even better if the frame was chromed in your bikes case, and then leave the tank and other sections painted, but, that is just me talking, I only went as far as to chrome the radiator cover, because it is metal, I don't think I would have attempted to chrome plastic back then, that was back in 1992, I don;t think they harnessed chroming plastic at that time, my wife's shadow has plastic that is chromed, how they do that I have no idea, but, her radiator cover would be nice chromed can you beleive that she prefers her shadow over this chopper? okay, I think I showed off my leather creations anough

Get Adobe Flash player

Bobby, that CB750 Chop is sweeeeeeet!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordWooly View Post

My 2000 Honda VLX, love this bike!!
    cool man. what you got planned for it?

those things can be made to look pretty sweet:
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=520

Get Adobe Flash player

You must not like it very much... if you did you would smile!

Get Adobe Flash player

any plans for it?

Share This