Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redhorsetattoo
    • May 2012

Advice for the out of touch

Need advice. Is 4500$ too much for a bone stock 2006 883? I want one for the wife to play with, gotta have the rubber mounted engine. But it's been so long since I've looked into this that I feel like I'm not objective anymore. It seems like a lot for the what I'm looking to get. The last time I had a sporty in the garage, it was an 1100 and it didn't cost as much. Of course that was almost 20 years ago... Advice!! Please!
  • xsjoel
    • Sep 2011

I wouldn't say it's a great price, I would wait.

Comment

• 24Cycles
      • Sep 2009

2006 for 4500 is a smoking deal for a new scoot if its nice and stock with under 20,000

Comment

• Redhorsetattoo
        • May 2012

Originally posted by 24Cycles
        2006 for 4500 is a smoking deal for a new scoot if its nice and stock with under 20,000

14k miles. I see it as a fun project, but there's no way in hell the lady will let me chop on it. She likes her ass comfy. It is a pretty shiny toy that hasn't been abused at all. I just know how this is gonna go. Every time I see it I'm gonna want to pull something off and tweak. She's gonna want to ride it as is. That's neither here nor there. I'm just looking at a 883 for 4500$. If its solid, am I getting raped?

Comment

• tripn88
          • Feb 2012

I got my 08 sporty for $5500. Remember cash talks. As for not messing with it... just buy a cover for it and never look at the thing haha.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
            • Dec 2011

If yer looking to screw around with it......I'd hold out for an older EVO with a much lower price tag.

If yer looking to just have a "rock stock reliable" for mamma (or you when yers is down) then that's not a terrible deal.

Just realize that there are PLENTY of dudes like you and the seller who bought a NEW sporty or whatever for their OL to ride.........

Then she found out she hated it.....or would rather ride on the back of the squishy Electra......
            And then that "New" bike sits.
            Doesn't get sold because she likes the idea of having her own bike more than she likes to ride it.

EVENTUALLY..........she gets sick of walking around it to bring the groceries in and decides to

"Hun, just get it outta my way"......
            And that "NEW" bike with next to no miles gets sold.

But to compete against the millions of other newer used sporties it has to be priced competitively.

And that's where the 8,500mile 99 Sportster for 3,200 OBO comes from.

Just something to think about is all.
            Gotta do what you gotta do.........

Comment

• Tito
              • May 2010

It's not a bad price, but look around and get a 1200 if possible. It shouldn't really cost that much more used, it will keep up on the freeway, and it's not too fast for your OL in it's stock form.

Comment

• Redhorsetattoo
                • May 2012

[/QUOTE]

And that's where the 8,500mile 99 Sportster for 3,200 OBO comes from.

Just something to think about is all.
                Gotta do what you gotta do.........[/QUOTE]

I swear to god I got a vision of pop having the sex talk with me. Fucking great. But yeah, I can appreciate that totally. I don't really want to buy a new bike. I've never been fortunate enough to afford one. But If the lady loses interest, I'll feel like a complete asshole for chopping a brand new bike.

Comment

• ThePete
                  • Nov 2011

Don't sound like too bad a deal to me, I'm kind of in the market for the same thing but I caught a deal on a 2000 1200S with maybe 2000 miles on it, it got started and ran every 2 weeks or so the entire time it was garaged and the oil was changed every year that it sat. It was part of an estate a friend inherited and he ended up buying out the other parties share to settle the whole thing and sell the house. I was really hoping to be able to get her a rubber mounted 883, but I think she's going to get this instead. I'll wait till she decides she'd be better off with a Savage then "ruin" it nice and good. I know how much he had to buy out the other party for and I know he doesn't ride unless it's mandem (and I don't mean on a bike complete with Rob Halford / Freddy Mercury get up) $2000 seems a bit low but who am I to argue.

Comment

• Jetblack
                    • Apr 2024

Yes it is; check craigslist even an 08 goes under 3k around here often.

Comment

• 2stroketim
                      • Jan 2012

Seems like every sporty I see within a 50 mile radius of where I live, has 4-4500 on it. Doesn't matter the year or mileage....

I do know this - -cash talks. You could probably offer the dude 3700....but I'd wait for a 1200..

Comment

• PittZero
                        • May 2012

my buddy just got a 08 nightster with 800 (hundred yes) miles on it for 5k in may. he was looking for one all winter as a dialy rider and would find them 5-6k all the time and thats a 1200.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;