CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    1965T120R

Quote Originally Posted by Bobber68 View Post
    I picked mine up for $1,500.00 , But the man I bought it from paid $5,000.00 .. But it was running and together.. I remember not long ago you could pick up a running Triumph for $500.00 .and Harley's were the most expensive bike on the market.. Now , you can get a Harley Sportster for less than a running Triumph..The reason is obvious .. Like I've stated in the past on other threads , Harley Flooded the market and everyone in the world and their neighbor has one .. They took the originality out of having and riding a Harley ..
    Triumph stopped making bikes for a while , so old bikes are not readily available for every person in the world to have .. Even the old school designed New Triumphs are selling good because that's the look of Triumph and they are dependable..I've been riding Harley's for 27 years and I Love my Softail..But I would ride my Ol' lady's Triumph with tons of pride...
    On my Project Build I have bought 2 Basket Cases to make into one. I paid $1.2k for the 1st one and $1.5k for the 2nd one both cash deals w/the 2nd one on the payment plan. Both in my local area too.

I have about $3k total into this build so fat. If all goes well I should only have another $3k max into the entire build plus or minus. Then again this build is NOT FOR SALE so the money I put in will be well enjoyed.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

amen brother.. Ride it hard and put it away wet..

1965T120R

amen brother.. Ride it hard and put it away wet..
    Naw I will ride her easy and put her away sweetly when we get home after she gets the once over.

Get Adobe Flash player

That too ... lol...My wife wants to ride hers to Daytona's Biketoberfest this year , so I'm trying to get it together before then.. It's not looking good.. I still have a TON of work to do ..

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm glad you decided on a Springer.. I have never heard any complaints about the DNA , except they're made in China,, But what isn't made over seas these days...I would like to see pictures when you get it.."Soon I Hope"..

1965T120R

I'm glad you decided on a Springer.. I have never heard any complaints about the DNA , except they're made in China,, But what isn't made over seas these days...I would like to see pictures when you get it.."Soon I Hope"..
    Ya it is made over seas and as you said what parts are not made over seas unless somebody made it in their own garage or shop here in the states or in the U.K.

Here is a pic of the Caliper Unit.

Did the local Swap Meet at my Builder's Shop today but everybody there was only selling Harley stuff(go figure the guy is a Harley Guy) but tomorrow (9 16 2012) I'm on my way to a Swap Meet up in Sacramento California.

You can always check in on my blog to see if I have posted any updates.

I posted about the Swap Meet today but did not think it warranted a thread update here as I did not find much but a pair of 5" solo seat springs for $4.00.

Peace out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $(KGrHqN,!pcE8WsBfnqBBPGJoMykcg~~60_12.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

Sweet - I can't wait to see that stuff on the bike , w/ the springer front end.. It's a shame you live so damned far away...All we have on this side of the country are Harley's and Jap crap..Britt bikes around here are very rare to see , but they get a shit load of attention when someone pulls up on one.
    .I wish I knew a few years ago , What I know now .. I had a Triumph 500 , I restored to showroom , a BSA Lightning , and a featherbed framed Norton.. I put all 3 on E-Bay and got $3,500. for them .. The man came from England to Florida and took them back over the big pond through Miami...I wish I had them back now..

1965T120R

Swap Meet in Sacramento was fine if you were building a Harley. Only one guy had any Triumph stuff and then not much at all. We had a lot of fun though.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's Right , Fun is what it's all about....I worked the swap meets through the late 80's -90's .. My last one was Bike week 02' Volutia County Fairgrounds..Can't do them any more .. Too many people have there hand out when I go somewhere.. It went from something fun to do and make a few bucks - to , Pay out more just to set up than I can make back - and worry if I'll leave with money in my pocket...
    I would like to start going to them for my Triumph parts though..Not many around here ..

1965T120R

Quote Originally Posted by 1965T120R View Post
    Ordering after the 3rd of October. Called the dealer and explained my Pay Pal and Credit Union were not working and could I just send a Money Order and all of the other obvious questions and was given the OK to do so. Making progress one part at a time.

seatraveler

I may be out of date, but an updates a picture of a floor jack? Come on!

Im just busting chops, Im excited to see how this thing turns out.

1965T120R

Quote Originally Posted by seatraveler View Post
    I may be out of date, but an updates a picture of a floor jack? Come on!

Im just busting chops, Im excited to see how this thing turns out.
    It is all good. Fun to show off new tools for future use. and I got what was a useless piece of junk to me out of my tiny shed and replaced it with something more valuable.

Win/Win.

seatraveler

Its always good to make something useful out of something that was out of use!

I just posted the start of my build thread, Im sure youll find something to laugh at along the way
    to the start of winter!

1965T120R

Quote Originally Posted by seatraveler View Post
    Its always good to make something useful out of something that was out of use!

I just posted the start of my build thread, Im sure youll find something to laugh at along the way
    to the start of winter!
    Thank you I will be sure to check out your Build Thread. Yes resurrecting the old,vintage and classic things other call out dated is the cat's meow.

Get Adobe Flash player

You get that front end on yet.. I decided not to leave the Harley Springer on my wife's bike .. I bought her a DNA for $400. last weekend...It's lighter and don't have a shock .. I think it looks better on a small bike than the H.D..Besides , That's going on my Softail.. Wink , wink , nudge , nudge..

1965T120R

You get that front end on yet.. I decided not to leave the Harley Springer on my wife's bike .. I bought her a DNA for $400. last weekend...It's lighter and don't have a shock .. I think it looks better on a small bike than the H.D..Besides , That's going on my Softail.. Wink , wink , nudge , nudge..
    Yes sir the DNA Springer has been on for quite some time now. After the 3rd of October I will be ordering the DNA Left Caliper that matches with the DNA Springer(Black).

I might even think about having it Ceramic Coated like I am thinking about my new pipes I am getting too in the main color scheme of the Frame,Forks,Tanks and Fenders which is going to be a Deep Forest Green with a Silver Metal Flake. When the sun hits it just right it will be an eye catcher. There will be enough Chrome and spun polished Aluminum to off set everything else.

Thank you for asking.

Get Adobe Flash player

nice...

1965T120R

nice...
    Thanks. One piece and one part and one day at a time.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bikes coming along great man,
    Hope you get to fire her up soon!!

1965T120R

Quote Originally Posted by OldBeezer View Post
    Bikes coming along great man,
    Hope you get to fire her up soon!!
    Thanks I cannot wait to start getting pictures of her in the Build Bay.

For sure though going to re-fabricate that fender though. Harley fender going on a Triumph Custom is a great candidate for a refab.

Share This