Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1965T120R
    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by heretic530
    thanks for reminding me about that swap meet. I have a show this weekend, and was focusing on that. I had completely forgotten about the swap meet

Oh and what kind of pipes are you looking for? I have the shorties on mine (both on the right side), and I don't really like them. I would be open to trade, if you have something I want
    Well my GF and I will look forward to seeing you at the Swap Meet then. We will have the Son with us in his wheel chair so we will not be hard to miss.

The pipes I need are the one pipe down each side the stock pipes off the 63-70 Bonneville's. Like in this image here attached. That is the style I will be looking for there too. I will be looking for a solo seat set up, kick stand, some 29" wide handlebars in the 1" variety that fit my arm and hand angles and other assorted parts.

Don't have much money but what little I do have I will be thrifty with. I'm sure not going to let myself get bent over.

Hope to see you there.
    Attached Files

Comment

• heretic530
      • Apr 2024

the pipes I have like that are scratched up, and in my scrap metal bin... they were in with a bunch of spare parts I got with my TR6

If you want shorties, do not get the 1 3/4 diameter. They are too large for a stock engine, unless you are using some pretty invasive baffles. You will actually increase throttle response by going a little smaller. You may lose something like one horsepower , but the torque you gain will make the bike feel snappier.

these are the pipes I have, but I don't like them... they blow dirt/dust up, when you live on a dirt road
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• 1965T120R
        • Apr 2024

the pipes I have like that are scratched up, and in my scrap metal bin... they were in with a bunch of spare parts I got with my TR6

If you want shorties, do not get the 1 3/4 diameter. They are too large for a stock engine, unless you are using some pretty invasive baffles. You will actually increase throttle response by going a little smaller. You may lose something like one horsepower , but the torque you gain will make the bike feel snappier.

these are the pipes I have, but I don't like them... they blow dirt/dust up, when you live on a dirt road
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Xvh...are_video_user
        Ya I hear ya. Bring those pipes with ya and I do not care if they are scratched up, we can work out some kinda price I am sure. Somebody did a bugger job on the ones I have where they hook up to the exhaust port piece that sticks out of the head. I will get a pic up shortly.

I have two other people I have met in real life possibly going to the Swap Meet too. I bought my first Basket Case from one and my Tanks from the other.

Ya I seen your video before. My GF says you are one tall dude....lol. She is only 5"1' so everybody is tall compared to her. She just smacked me again.

Comment

• heretic530
          • Apr 2024

yeah, I am about 6' 4".
          If I make it down there with those pipes you can have them. They are junk to me
          customers see my bikes, and if they look like crap, they wonder of that is the best work I can do. I can have a bike looking dirty and ridden, but if it is scratched and dinged up, it reflects badly on my shop and my work
          Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2012, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• 1965T120R
            • Apr 2024

Here are a couple pics of the pipes I have now somebody boogered up.

These are what came with my first Basket Case and instead of going over the outside of the extended port piece they go inside which is a no no. Somebody obviously tried to modify them for something else or had no clue WTF they were doing. My builder and I were talking about just grinding off the weld enough to break out the piece they welded in and check the fit on the bike.

These got some dents in them and I would like something a little more clean or at least with no bad dents. Hell I can always have the Chrome Plating removed and Powder Coat them. I got the wrings that go with them to hold them in place.

I'll bring these with me to the meet too

Ok cool on the freebee. I hear ya on the quality of your work.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2012, 5:51 PM. Reason: Added Content.

Comment

• heretic530
              • Apr 2024

I think the same drunk monkey welded on your pipes and my frame...
              That is why I decided to drop my seat height instead of restoring mine. If it had been clean, and original I would have restored it and had it for sale

Comment

• 1965T120R
                • Apr 2024

I think the same drunk monkey welded on your pipes and my frame...
                That is why I decided to drop my seat height instead of restoring mine. If it had been clean, and original I would have restored it and had it for sale
                My GF loved the drunk monkey comment and is still giggling.

Ya I hear ya on the original restore all the way but if it is already chopped might as well complete the chop. My first Basket Case came with a tiny rake in it and the top tubes covered as you see it. I like the top tubes looking like that though. For me it looks cleaner.

Comment

• 1965T120R
                  • Apr 2024

I think this weekend after I finish putting the Roof Sealer on the Car Port I am going to try my Dremel Tool with a grinding stone or metal cutter and try to get those extensions out of those pipes. Can't hurt anything now they have already been hurt.

As long as the Drunk Monkey did not cut the pipes shorter before welding in those extensions.

Comment

• heretic530
                    • Apr 2024

yeah, I love custom bikes, but money is money. A good find can help fund another build...

who am I kidding? I love all nice bikes, custom or original.

Comment

• 1965T120R
                      • Apr 2024

yeah, I love custom bikes, but money is money. A good find can help fund another build...

who am I kidding? I love all nice bikes, custom or original.
                      True that.

Comment

• heretic530
                        • Apr 2024

yeah..I really don't think those are original pipes. Original would have been smaller diameter

Comment

• 1965T120R
                          • Apr 2024

yeah..I really don't think those are original pipes. Original would have been smaller diameter
                          Those inserts as they are now only fit inside of the small exhaust port insert sticking out of the port on the head itself.

Let me see if you can see it in this image here the inserts sticking out of the head(this is a stock 1965 T120R engine). Look at the inserts sticking out of the head for the exhaust pipe hook up.

Once I get these pipes cleaned up on the inside they will fit perfectly over those inserts sticking out of the head. As I said on the blog it was something to do and I could not hurt them more than the Drunk Monkey you mentioned earlier. I'm still going to get a nice set of pipes for the final build. These will work for just starting it up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• heretic530
                            • Apr 2024

I think you said your engine was a TT model. Original pipes would have slipped over the steel inserts, and I think they would have necked down to 1 3/8 diameter.(going entirely from memory here, so I may be off on size a little, but that is close) . The most common size for aftermarket pipes was 1 3/4, but it was really too big for the engine, at anything but wide open throttle

Comment

• 1965T120R
                              • Apr 2024

I think you said your engine was a TT model. Original pipes would have slipped over the steel inserts, and I think they would have necked down to 1 3/8 diameter.(going entirely from memory here, so I may be off on size a little, but that is close) . The most common size for aftermarket pipes was 1 3/4, but it was really too big for the engine, at anything but wide open throttle
                              On the cases it says T120R and I was told it was out of a TT Special. You can see the inserts sticking out of the head real well in my first picture I posted here of the rolling chassis from the front view.

Either way as I said once I Hog Out the inserts some n00b welded in these should slip right over the inserts sticking out of the heads. I have the winged collars that go over and help secure the pipes to the head inserts and they fit perfectly on these pipes where they are supposed to be if these inserts were not welded as they are.

This is just to get it running and for primary mock up. The final product will be much nicer as they should be.

If you come to the swap meet on the 16th I'll try to bring some pictures I had printed off with me.

Comment

• heretic530
                                • Apr 2024

Unfortunately I will not know about plans until thursday. I may have a contract with the city of redding. It comes up for a vote thursday... It could be for work on a quarter million dollars worth of equipment, so shop time for me may be pretty profitable in the future

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;