X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billdozer
    • Apr 2024

Where the hell do I start?

The most common question new ChopCult users have is "Where the hell do I start?"

Well, you can do it any way you want. Here's the way I browse the site and how it works for me.

1. Visit the home page: http://www.chopcult.com/default.php

Here I look for new Features, see what's new on the blogs and check my messages.

chop-cult-home
    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2012, 9:08 PM.
  • billdozer
    • Apr 2024

2. Hit the classifieds. http://www.chopcult.com/browse_classifieds.php

I like to swap old parts so I always want to see what's been listed lately.

chop-cult-classifieds
    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2012, 9:09 PM.

Comment

• billdozer
      • Apr 2024

3. Blogdump time. http://www.chopcult.com/news/categories/blogdump.html

Here's where I keep up on what other people have to say on various blogs, all mashed into one place.

chop-cult-blogdump

Comment

• billdozer
        • Apr 2024

4. Community: http://www.chopcult.com/home.php

This is where I get a quick snapshot of what's going on. It often leads to checking out threads that I would have otherwise missed. You can also get a look at the latest classifieds, upcoming events, who else is online or just joined, etc.

chop-cult-community

Comment

• billdozer
          • Apr 2024

5. News http://www.chopcult.com/news/categories/news.html

This is where I can catch up on features I may have missed. Along the left side I can select different authors or scroll down and click any thumbnail to check out something I may have missed years ago but is still relevant.

chop-cult-news

Comment

• billdozer
            • Apr 2024

6. The Forums http://www.chopcult.com/forum/

Finally, when I'm done checking in on everything it's time for the Forums. Many users will go straight in here first without giving anything else a look. That's fine too. Just make sure you try to post in the right one. here's the simple breakdown:

MAIN FORUM: General tech, how-to's, events, ride reports and anything else related to custom motorcycles. This is for content that is not brand-specific, ie: how to polish aluminum or make a sissy bar? - OK. How to adjust valves on Triumph -NoGo.

AMERICAN, BRIT & EURO and JAP FORUMS: Build threads, tech Q&A and conversations centered around custom-built motorcycles in each category.

BROLODEX: This is for finding regional like-minded enthusiasts to wrench or ride with. Basically chopper-dating.

CHOP MARKET: This is a listing of companies who have requested a thread. This keeps "selling" off the Main Forum and gives grass roots (and larger) companies a place to showcase their wares and services. Each thread is a poll and members can rate their experience with each company. If you would like a thread started for your business, PM me and ask for it. If you start one without asking, it just gets deleted.

JUNK PILE: Oh, the glorious Junk Pile. If you are browsing at work or in front of your kids, you may want to skip it. First and foremost, this is a custom motorcycle site. But just like your friends in real life, of course you talk about guns, pussy and other good stuff that has nothing to do with motorbikes. These non-motorcycle related topics are not welcome in the Main Forum but have a home in the JP. Even though the topics may include politics, religion and other things that are destined for failure, the same rules of all the forums apply, If you are a dick about it, the thread will likely be locked or deleted and depending on how much of a dick you are, you may get banned. So, be nice. It's fine to have differing opinions, but just like a bar where everyone is welcome at first, you may get tossed out head-first if you are an asshole to someone.

Picture 15

Comment

• PiecesOMeices
              • Apr 2014

How do I post on classifieds and leave messages when trying purchase parts?

Comment

• Allen
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by PiecesOMeices
                How do I post on classifieds and leave messages when trying purchase parts?
                First, become a member in good standing. Learn the ways of the Chop Cult. Joing the fold. Once you snatch the pebble successfully, you may post classifieds. If you post classifieds before that you will surely meet with ill timed fate. I've deleted many a new member who ignores the obvious. Spammers I kill.

It's pretty simple to click on Classified and find little icons with instructions like "post new classified" then also while inside classifieds "reply..." by sending a PM, etc. etc.

Comment

• Oso99
                  • Apr 2011

Thanks

Comment

• Johnnylightning
                    • Jul 2015

Id like to thank u all for havein me in ur site

Comment

• whiskeyharvester
                      • Oct 2015

Sweet! Thanks for allowing me into the community.

Comment

• bbquez3
                        • Oct 2015

Thanks, cool people

Comment

• Choppergrunt1
                          • Oct 2014

Thanks. Finally getting started on an 83 RX50 chop/restore. Cheers!

Comment

• zedhead
                            • Feb 2018

Thanks for being here, and allowing me in to play. Best I get stuck in to this XS650 project I have then...

Comment

• foreverMUFC
                              • Aug 2018

thanks for letting me in. im new to forums and all that so i hope this goes well

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;