Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nosebleed
    • Mar 2010

Austin/Central TX

So, I read today that ChopCult is doing away with the "Groups" section of the site. This thread was intended to be a place for those of us in the Austin/Central TX area to have a little spot to hang our helmets, talk bikes, plan rides and events, hit each other up for help, advice etc. Several of us were part of the "ATX" group here on CC started by BolliverShagnasty a couple of years ago. Sometimes we've used the group (more so lately) and sometimes it sat dormant for a while, so hopefully we will find this thread useful in the pending absence of the groups.

We love to plan events centered around the bike and hotrod scene here in Austin, both of which are flourishing. Our busiest time seems to be in the fall when it's not so damned hot and we currently are working on plans for several events including our man DMenace's "Road to Ruin" event going down on 10/12/2012 in San Saba, TX, as well as another super blowout party in Austin on 10/17/2012 that we can't officially announce...just yet. We are also the fellers who have brought the "Psycho de Mayo Run" to Central TX the last 2 years as well as organizing rides to events like the "Day of the Drags" in Temple, TX and several bike/car/hotrod shows.

So, join us here on this thread. Feel free to make introductions if you don't know us. We have a groovy, laid back group of fellers who like to ride and enjoy life. No chopper snobs here and we don't care how period correct your shit is, what country it was made in or how rare it is. If we haven't met you yet come on out.

Cheers from Austin,
    Nose
    Last edited by Nosebleed; 03-20-2014, 9:45 AM.
  • Pizzile
    • Feb 2011

keep me updated on your events, i will be new ATX soon

Comment

• shigby
      • Sep 2011

Names Scott, Here in austin been working on the same bike forever. Likeminded feller that enjoys wrenchin when i'm not working.

Comment

• 1customchop
        • Apr 2024

"Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain... I am the great and powerful Nosebleed!"

Welcome to any new gentlemen in the area who aren't currently priveledged enough to have been hangin' around with us 100% dirtbags. We do A LOT of posting, previously on the ATX group and through various group PM's that pretty much suck up our limit each and everyday. At least now we can get subscription notices and post all we want here without dinging our daily PM limit. So HELL YES to the new thread and long live the greasy bastards from Central TX and beyond!

Oh... and stay tuned for a shit ton of kick ass events goin on in the area over the next 2 months... LOTS of shit about to go down... WOOT!

Comment

• Nosebleed
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by 1customchop
          Oh... and stay tuned for a shit ton of kick ass events goin on in the area over the next 2 months... LOTS of shit about to go down... WOOT!
          Yes indeed, my bellowing buddy! The fall is always a good time to be on 2 wheels in central Texas for sure. We are looking forward to at least 4-5 super-fly events between September and the end of the year, so we are stoked. For you fellas that we haven't met yet, make sure to check out the event listing for the "Road to Ruin" for now. More will be posted soon.

Welcome aboard, Pizzile and Shigby. Hope to meet up with you fellas one day soon. This August heat has been a drag lately but we will be clear of it soon and the best part of riding season will be upon us.

Comment

• JeremyResults
            • Nov 2011

New home! New home!

Comment

• Nosebleed
              • Mar 2010

Hey Jeremy, shigby rides a home built 75 Shovel. Kindred spirit, since you have a Shovel in 75 pieces!

Comment

• alvizo
                • Jan 2011

I'm in and on my 68 IH. From San Antonio tx

Comment

• JeremyResults
                  • Nov 2011

74 good sir!

Comment

• Nosebleed
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JeremyResults
                    74 good sir!
                    You mean, yours is a 1974 model, or it's in 74 pieces? Either way, I support.

Hey, it's Alvizo! I remember your name from a while back. Don't recall if we've talked before but I usually search out the local fellas in centex whenever we organize an event. I've probably invited you to something before. Bienvenido! By the way, we love Sportsters, so how about posting up some pics of that IH? We have a deficit of Ironheads right now since Snoosky traded up for a Shovel. Our pal XlLance, who'se bike is the current feature on the main page has the only IH amongst our crew right now, I believe.

Well, Zeke has one in progress as well. Forgot about that, it's just that we haven't actually seen it yet, other than in pictures. Bitchin' coffin tank and all. Mmmm...
                    Last edited by Nosebleed; 08-20-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• JeremyResults
                      • Nov 2011

74 Pieces. It is a roller after all....

Welcome all! My number is 2103676525 for you new dudes.

If you ever need a hand wrenchin or just wanna ride and grab some food.

HANGOUTS!

Comment

• Nosebleed
                        • Mar 2010

Oh boy, oh boy, the "official big announcement" for our upcoming event in Austin should be coming this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow. So stoked, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve...

Keep it cool fellas, don't blow it, haha.

Comment

• Bobbed883
                          • Sep 2009

Nice!

Jason here, was part of the ATX group but stayed pretty quiet. Haven't really been involved too much in the local "scene" cuz my ass is always working, but I need to enjoy life a little more and work a little less.

I'm down to ride and wrench during any free time I have. What I lack in knowledge, I make up for in effort and I'm always down to help out.

...oh yeah, I also like to drink lots of beer and make questionable decisions regularly.

Comment

• Whitetr4sh
                            • Jun 2012

If I ever get my POS back on the road I'm down to ride rain or shine. Not in Austin but close enough.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                              • Mar 2010

Greetings fellas. Central Texas is a big area and I'm glad to welcome people from all over. We all love to ride these amazing roads that stretch from San Antonio in the south, to I-20 (and even north of that for our bros. like SaltyTonk, XlLance, AngryJohnny and more) in the north, out east toward I-45 between Houston/Dallas and out west toward Brady, TX, the center of our state!

Collectively, Central Texas takes up about 50 counties and half a million miles of good times! It's all about getting our knees in the breeze and enjoying the ride, so let's reach out to all of the CC brothers and like-minded dirtbags in the middle portion of the Lone Star State.

We've got a lot of good stuff planned in the upcoming months, so make some connections with local brothers, make your plans to get together and just enjoy what we have. I know that I do.

52!
                              -Nose

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;