CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 62 of 79 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hell yeah. It was an awesome weekend. Really glad you got to hang out again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Really bummed I didn't make it out there. Sounds like it was a great time.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fun Fun Fun Fest? Looks like a good time?

Just purchased two single day passes for the wife and I, kind of expensive but for Amon Amarth and Judas Priest… why the hell not?

Have any of you gone in the past?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TyArlo View Post
    Fun Fun Fun Fest
    I've never been, but I went to PsychFest and met a bunch of strange(rs)... yes, tickets were shockingly expensive... and most of the bands I wanted to see will likely play Austin again this summer... but the atmosphere was cool, the people were cool, the music was good, it was an experience... that's Austin, it's not hard to have a good time.

Such a good time, in fact, I tend to avoid the bigger events these days... they bring in a lot of out-of-towners, so half the people you meet at these things aren't local (which is very fun, but also a bummer when they leave 2 days later --- the fun in Austin is the people, not the events)... between the cost of admission, 10 hours of beer & food, parking, traffic, heat, etc... events come-and-go here so often, unless you have boundless energy and fat $tacks, you almost HAVE to take them for granted (until something just blows yer mind while the stars aligned, and your pockets are flush while your hangovers crushed).

Yeah, rhyming... this is the first night I've stayed home since sometime last week (and I've been doing that for months now), I think I have a hangover from NOT going out... so I'm going to bed, forever, lol... anyway, you'll have a good time man, that's never one of the problems here.

Get Adobe Flash player

I havent been to FFF either but it looks good every year. Last year Ice-T did a rap set, plus a set with Body Count, I think Black Flag (without Rollins of course) played, Snoop was there, can't remember who all, maybe Deftones, it was a very diverse lineup.

J is right, unless you are making mad cash it's tough to see even a fraction of the good shows and events that come to Austin and San Antonio. SA gets a lot of the more mainstream rock and metal shows but it's only a 90 mile drive south to SA so that's not bad.

I'm still recovering from the madness that is ROT rally with a strained muscle in my leg (presumably from drunken golf cart theatrics, but not sure) and a nice respiratory infection. Austin can wear you out, haha.

Get Adobe Flash player

Whats up Austin 33. Im in Houston, but wanted to reach out to you yall. Im looking for someone that knows how to wrench on triumph motors. Im getting close to finishing a build and my motor could use a littlr love replacing pushrod tubr seals and then refreshing thr whole motor in the winter. Any help would be great

Get Adobe Flash player

I tend to avoid the bigger events these days...

I totally agree. Had to throw down the funds to see Judas Priest, never seen 'em and don't know if I'll ever get the chance again.
    Last edited by TyArlo; 06-29-2014 at 9:25 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Anything going on this week? J? I am in need of a little evening riding if the weather will cooperate. Looks like at least a 30% chance of rain every day this week, but it will probably be the usual central Texas spotty showers.

Need a little time behind bars.

This time of year things usually get a little "dead" as the heat arrives and the events slow down. Maybe we can plan some Saturday evening get togethers for the hot part of the summer. Meet up late afternoon for a ride and then hit the town for evening activities or something.

Get Adobe Flash player

I just got home from riding all weekend, about to settle in to work... trying not to go out during the week these days, I need to slow down a bit... life has been outta control for months now, time to get back to work and make some money, finish the Shovel, etc... I'm generally sticking to weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and the occasional garage night during the week if it feels right... I really wanna finish some projects, get my welding skills in order, etc (hangovers every 2nd day and broke bank accounts keep standing in the way).

Shig and I are planning to do regular Sunday rides, search for cool roads and strange country pubs... and it's hard to stay home on a nice Saturday afternoon... so weekends it is.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm ready to do some riding with the bros. Been riding to work but I need more!

Get Adobe Flash player

"life has been outta control for months now, time to get back to work and make some money"

I hear ya. I haven't been out riding as much as you have over the past 3-4 months but the partying has definitely had me tired out. A crazy weekend in San Antonio last weekend has me a little tapped for cash as well. I got some new tools that just came in and I need to set 'em up and reconfigure the garage this week.

Weekends are a little tough for me to get out very often for obvious, family reasons. Seems like there's always something going on and it's tough to leave the wife and kids for very long when there are domestic, around the house duties to take care of and time to be spent with the kids. I've been staying late at work a lot lately and it's had the wife and I both on edge a little though. I need some riding time for stress relief, haha.

You ride down to Snow's with OF last weekend, J?

Get Adobe Flash player

All I'm sayin is once we are all so sick of the heat that we don't want to even think about stepping outside.... White Buffalo Bikefest, august 22 my hometown Snyder. out west . But it's a dry heat! Let's Race

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, went to Snow's last Saturday... then Sunday rode up to Jonestown with Shig, Garrett and Heath... I've been grinding/smoothing tabs the last couple days, about ready to take my frame to the blaster today... then come home and grind more chrome off the rockers/nose, clean up the heads, hope the guts aren't a disaster... at this point, I'm down for Classic Bike Night tnite (if it's even on, I haven't seen a flyer this month)... I could use some time outside, managed to accomplish some shit this week so far.

@Shig: I'm down!! You should put up an event page on ChopCult (it's in your account somewhere).
    Last edited by Blackhalo; 06-25-2014 at 6:54 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ha! I have family in Snyder...well, wife's family that is. I'm a Red Raider so I spent a few years in that part of the state. Wife is from Andrews.

Get Adobe Flash player

two words Midget. Wrestling.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Wells Branch and cruise around town on a 750 Vulcan. It's a '98 and is in the middle of being stripped down.

Get Adobe Flash player

2400 something miles and finally in Austin. Party!

Get Adobe Flash player

Hi DTShow, welcome to the Cult. I work right off of Wells Branch so I may have seen you rolling around on your bike before. Stay tuned here to this thread and watch the ChopCult events section for cool stuff going on around town. Right now is sort of the "dead" season for events and such here in Austin because the heat has arrived but people still do weekend rides and that sort of thing. Blackhalo J rides a lot on the weekends so PM him if you want to meet up with some of the local fellers and enjoy the central Texas roads with some Cultists.

Congrats on the move TyArlo, welcome to the ATX! I'm sure that we'll meet up with you soon. Cheers.

If you fellas use Instagram, follow @ridepmr (my Instagram for The Psycho de Mayo Run), @oldfilthy (our local friends from Old Filthy Brand/Old Filthy MC here in Austin) and @hipsoulcom (our buddy Blackhalo J from hipsoul.com, purveyor of fine threads and man-about-town. He always knows where and when something is going on).
    Last edited by Nosebleed; 07-01-2014 at 3:39 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks! See ya's around. I'm on the Instagram. @tyarlo

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm moving out towards the Houston area, once I find a job and have the money to move. However what's a better place to live?? Around the Austin area or Houston? The wife's got family around Houston so that's why I'm looking out there, we will be in Texas within the next year but it's still open as to where. Looking forward to doing giddy up next year!!

Share This