Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MNicholson
    • Apr 2012

Bolt on Ironhead hardtail sits wayyy too low

So I just mocked up the bolt on hardtail for my 69 xlch. It was given to me and now I know why... it makes the bike sit way too low. I'm going to need to find another hardtail that will put the 16 inch rear a little higher. Does anyone know about frames or hardtails for early irons with good clearance?

If you got one i'd like to see some photos.

Thanks

Mark
  • bron964
    • May 2011

have you looked into HIH bolt-ons

Comment

• NHMike
      • Apr 2024

This was my '73 Ironhead with a Santee and 16". I think the HIH ones are fucking BOOTY looking. Lowbrow is carrying the David Bird Bolt ons and in my opinion, they're the best looking Bolt On you can get.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Tito
        • May 2010

Supposedly HIH made their hideous axle plates a smaller size. David Bird is nice though, Ledsled. All these companies have phone numbers, you can tell them what you want and they will get you what you need.

Comment

• ironhead86
          • Feb 2011

why not just spend the 40 bucks on some tubing and cold rolled rod or slugs and have someone with a welder extend the top bolt on sections to push the rear axle down and achive the frame clearence you want. way cheaper and you just need a chop saw for a square cut and like a 12in peice 15 bucks from online metals and 6in cold roll 10 bucks ???

Comment

• imtheslime
            • Aug 2009

Whatever is done to the top is going to effect the bottom connection and angle of slots in axle plates.

Comment

• MNicholson
              • Apr 2012

well the HIH hardtails look like shit but sit at a decent height. After looking around at different examples i decided to contact david bird and get a 0 drop 2 stretch bolt on. I like the way they attach to the stock frame without using the god awful shock mounts. I'll post some pics once it comes in... should be about a month.

Thanks for the response

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;