CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    uhg. Good moring world. Feeling a little haggard this morning, a little parched and under-rested but oh well

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket

Nothing like waking up in the wallmart parking lot in the morning heat. Alright got about 350 miles today to get to Bend. My bike is really not wanting to start up recently, especially in the damn heat. first gas up and im kickin her for 30 minutes, sweating my balls off. get her going and make it to the next gas stop and she wont kick over again. Im losing time now so i gotta fix this problem which turned out to be that having my headlamp and taillamp wired "on" was not providing enough juice to my system to fire the engine up (because im running a capacitor with NO BATTERY you see). So what i did was disconnect my headlamp ground and she fires up first kick! Sweet, ill just mash to Bend with no headlight, its cool right...?

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    I LOVE WEED! Weed california that is. This town made me feel good again and I had some amazing Thai-BBQ from this joint right off the main stretch. good vibes all around and Im almost to Oregon. Hitting the 97 off I5 twoards Bend. Thats Mt. Shasta there, pretty pretty

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket

OREGON BABY! I ran out of gas again comming into Klamath Falls but I still had enough to pull off and fuel up if I was real quick. Got into downtown Klamath Falls and theres not a frickin' gas station anywhere. My patience is running low as is my gas (I looked down and it was foaming again) and im gettin pissed. Why the fuck is there not a gas station in the middle of fucking K-Falls!?!?! Well my bike finally dies and i push her through downtown and finally get directions to a station a few blocks off. Fueled up and the gas monkey chicks were so cool that I was in a good mood again and couldnt wait to get to Bend. After leaving Klamath, i was at bout 65miles deep from my last fuel up and I got hit so hard in the face by a bee and it whent into my helmut and stung me in the ear and neck. Its hurt and wasnt going away so i pulled over and did the crazy chicken dance trying to get the bee away from me. I was hoping this place had gas but no luck, just lots of booze. gas was 10 more miles away. Almost to Bend......

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Holy Shit I made IT! SOOOOOOO STOKED!!! SO HAPPY! SO TIRED WOW. I pulled straight of 97 rode 2 blocks and onto my friends lawn. I dont think they knew who i was at first but was all good. I got high centered on a rock as i pulled in, burnt out a sec and the rock shoots back and smacks the fence, dirt flyin everywere, it was quite the entrance.
    Last edited by jramp; 08-12-2012 at 2:42 PM. Reason: edit

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Words cant describe how stoked i was to make it to Bend for the 4th of July with all my best friends, girlfriend, family, dogs and skateboarding.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Im feeling prettty harggard at this point in the day. I fealt like i was in the twighlight zone the whole time and questioned myself if I had really just rode from Portland to SoCal and back to central oregon. 4th of July, Me and Bobby, Bromance

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Gotta head back to Portland now, stopping off at my parents' ranch they just bought and are fixing up to move from Alaska down to. this place is nice

Get Adobe Flash player

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    Might as well take a few glam shots while im here at the ranch. Tomorrow Im headin back up the home stretch to Portland. Thats my dog Baker

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Well Got my Duck all ready to go, bags are in my lady's rig and hittin the road.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    The entire way there and back I never had any trouble with the man untill the last stretch. No headlamp, I should have known. He walks up all weird like and says "Do you have any weapons or drugs on you or the motorcycle?" hahaha, he must of thought i was one of them Hells Angels. He gives me grief for about 45 minutes and is freaking out about my sideways license plate, no headlamp on, lack of "functional" mirrors(which was bullshit) no front fender and that my bike was for some reason registered as an "1983" even though all my other info and VIN clearly states that its a 79. I dont think they even made the XS650 after 82.... he let me go with a warning

Get Adobe Flash player

Saw your bike at Born Free dude, loved the paint. Love this thread, i have been literally sitting next to my computer following all your updates for the past half hour. I live about an hour from where the show was at, it was nice to be close but at the same time im pretty jealous of your trip. Makes me want to get on the road soon.

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket
    Seriously!?!?! Again?! well i never did turn my headlamp back on haha. This guy really didnt even care, didnt check nothing, just told me good luck. there not all bad i guess

Get Adobe Flash player

Photobucket

YEAHHH IM HOME!!!!! What an insane and amazing trip it was. I think all in all i logged about 3,000 miles and had the time of my life. Thanks everybody I met along the way, all the help and too all my friends new and old. I will definitely be riding to Born Free again next year...if there is one.....

Peace out and thanks for checking out my adventure,
    -Josh

Get Adobe Flash player

Man, this post rules. Thanks for sharing your travels. This kind of stuff is what I'd like to read on this site everyday.

Get Adobe Flash player

Love the paint on your ride bro!

Get Adobe Flash player

Killer post dude, I'm hoping to do the same very soon, only in reverse from so cal to tacoma. Thanks for the inspiration to get my shit done faster.

starwolf

Just an insanely amazing post, thanks for documenting and sharing your adventures to BF4 !

Get Adobe Flash player

looks like you had a pretty badass experience...thanks for sharing it.

billdozer

Quote Originally Posted by jramp View Post
    Im almost to Frisco, hauling balls, totally helter skelter, the suns going down and just as im nearing the crest of the hill RIGHT BEFORE the Golden Gate bridge, My bikes backfires, farts, gurgles, and i look down at my clear gas line to see it foaming up which mean I RAN OUTA GAS AGAIN! shit this is going to suck. I pull over onto the Spencer exit off the 101. This place is weird, like where serial rapists and rape victims hang out.
    We broke down on that same exit last year, just before the bridge. Steepest hill I've ever pushed a bike up. (The right turn up to Denny's).

Thanks for taking the time to post this stuff. It'll be our first ever "Thread of the Day".

Share This