Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jramp
    • Mar 2011

Best in jap chop?

So I was just thinkin how most the bikes that always get awards and stuff at any show are always HDs or S&S or somethin along those lines . Don't get me wrong, I drool over Knucks pans and shovels and understand the skill labor and time put into those American chops but it would be rad to have best jap chop or whatever awards too, cause there's a ton of sweet bikes that never get acknowledge. Thats my rant
    -J
  • surfbum
    • Aug 2011

I think what i like the most about jap chops is how people arent afraid to get really wild and off the wall with them, since they can be cheap and are not "sacred" or anything.

Comment

• JamesM
      • Jul 2012

Meh, who cares about awards. Build what you like, have fun on it, fuck the nay-sayers.

I don't give a shit what the brand is (when it comes to bikes anyways) if it's cool, it's cool.

Comment

• cros36
        • Dec 2010

if your panties are in a bunch, get together with the people at whatever shows you go too and convince them to make a jap award section or something.

the reason that their are so many awards for the american shit is because they are around more often. and most the time the guys that win those are the guys that buy the most custom chrome bolt ons that make thier bike a fully custom chopper.....

Comment

• swinewerx
          • Oct 2011

The best thing about jap crap chops are, they are cheap, and if you do everything yourself, then , when an error is made, you just redo that part, or the whole thing! and keep on keepin on! with jap crap bikes, they are very reliable, and usually parts are easy, with american bikes, the parts are a little too high, a dn the motors have been rebuilt by who k nows who, and that usually leads up to a not so good running american bike, unless you get an american motor and other things brand new, and the old stuff is only new through very expensive ways, and that takes the fun out of running a risk when building a different type of bike

Comment

• blackchop
            • Aug 2009

i have seen jap choppers get awards at a mostly all harley events shows.

and as far as h-ds being pricey to build - not totally 100% true. youd be surprised what i have into my old american made ironhead chop. and its a fresh engine too.

any bike can be reliable- it really comes down to the owner. like having a dog. treat it well and itll return the favor .

Comment

• Gnarly
              • Jul 2012

I went to a local show today because they had a band. It was only 5 bucks to enter and it helped Fire dept. So I entered my Jap chop and I lost "best chopper" to a 2011 soft tail with billet wheels......I got a good laugh out of the idiots who call it a chopper.

Comment

• livingdeadmc
                • Apr 2024

I win...message me for my address and you can mail me my trophy and prize money.

Comment

• billdozer
                  • Apr 2024

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

Comment

• bikertrash69
                    • Nov 2011

My cousin just won the chopper show in sturgis with a KZ. I agree with the comment made about it being your bike build it your way and fuck everybody else and their opinions.

Comment

• StephenMartin
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by JamesM
                      Meh, who cares about awards. Build what you like, have fun on it, fuck the nay-sayers.

I don't give a shit what the brand is (when it comes to bikes anyways) if it's cool, it's cool.
                      My sentiments EXACTLY!

Comment

• easyspeed
                        • Dec 2010

Went to a small hot rod and custom bike show awhile ago and entered my SOHC4. Along with a flathead ( best in show), Bosshog, 2 AMF shovels,and a fatbob evo all stock as a rock. The Honda was the only bike that didn't get an award haha. Kinda funny it was the bike that had a circle of people around it all day long.

Last edited by easyspeed; 08-12-2012, 7:56 AM. Reason: ductapedmypenisbetweenzmybuttcheckzzz

Comment

• easyspeed
                          • Dec 2010

This sohc4 won a big award a couple years back.

Comment

• jramp
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by swinewerx
                            The best thing about jap crap chops are, they are cheap, and if you do everything yourself, then , when an error is made, you just redo that part, or the whole thing! and keep on keepin on! with jap crap bikes, they are very reliable, and usually parts are easy, with american bikes, the parts are a little too high, a dn the motors have been rebuilt by who k nows who, and that usually leads up to a not so good running american bike, unless you get an american motor and other things brand new, and the old stuff is only new through very expensive ways, and that takes the fun out of running a risk when building a different type of bike
                            sweet guys. ya ya ya fuck opinions, conformity and all that good stuff, I just think more "jap crap" chops need some recognition. regardless of cost, i dont see why something would win best in show. Had a rad show in p-town not to long ago and there were so many awesome chops, bobs, pans, shovs, etc and even some pretty amazing brit and japs chops. and come awards, best in show whent to a S&S panhead with 0 miles in it. Judge says start em up, he flips the key switch and on it goes, souless. second place was an old ironhead and it was RAD, so im glad he placed. 3rd was a scooter or mini-bike thing, i mean what the hell? oh well its all for good times anyway and i had a blast and was drunk as a skunk. keep rantin!

Comment

• swinewerx
                              • Oct 2011

I forgot to mention, I don't enter any of my chops in any of the awards chaser things, I would rather keep riding around the event rather than park it and have everything clean, which I never do as well, that is, clean anything on any of my chops, the dirtier, the better it is riding, and i cannot walk very much, so, riding is a plus!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;