Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Best in jap chop?

So I was just thinkin how most the bikes that always get awards and stuff at any show are always HDs or S&S or somethin along those lines . Don't get me wrong, I drool over Knucks pans and shovels and understand the skill labor and time put into those American chops but it would be rad to have best jap chop or whatever awards too, cause there's a ton of sweet bikes that never get acknowledge. Thats my rant
    -J

Get Adobe Flash player

I think what i like the most about jap chops is how people arent afraid to get really wild and off the wall with them, since they can be cheap and are not "sacred" or anything.

Get Adobe Flash player

Meh, who cares about awards. Build what you like, have fun on it, fuck the nay-sayers.

I don't give a shit what the brand is (when it comes to bikes anyways) if it's cool, it's cool.

Get Adobe Flash player

if your panties are in a bunch, get together with the people at whatever shows you go too and convince them to make a jap award section or something.

the reason that their are so many awards for the american shit is because they are around more often. and most the time the guys that win those are the guys that buy the most custom chrome bolt ons that make thier bike a fully custom chopper.....

Get Adobe Flash player

The best thing about jap crap chops are, they are cheap, and if you do everything yourself, then , when an error is made, you just redo that part, or the whole thing! and keep on keepin on! with jap crap bikes, they are very reliable, and usually parts are easy, with american bikes, the parts are a little too high, a dn the motors have been rebuilt by who k nows who, and that usually leads up to a not so good running american bike, unless you get an american motor and other things brand new, and the old stuff is only new through very expensive ways, and that takes the fun out of running a risk when building a different type of bike

Get Adobe Flash player

i have seen jap choppers get awards at a mostly all harley events shows.

and as far as h-ds being pricey to build - not totally 100% true. youd be surprised what i have into my old american made ironhead chop. and its a fresh engine too.

any bike can be reliable- it really comes down to the owner. like having a dog. treat it well and itll return the favor .

Get Adobe Flash player

I went to a local show today because they had a band. It was only 5 bucks to enter and it helped Fire dept. So I entered my Jap chop and I lost "best chopper" to a 2011 soft tail with billet wheels......I got a good laugh out of the idiots who call it a chopper.

Get Adobe Flash player

I win...message me for my address and you can mail me my trophy and prize money.

Get Adobe Flash player

My cousin just won the chopper show in sturgis with a KZ. I agree with the comment made about it being your bike build it your way and fuck everybody else and their opinions.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    Meh, who cares about awards. Build what you like, have fun on it, fuck the nay-sayers.

I don't give a shit what the brand is (when it comes to bikes anyways) if it's cool, it's cool.
    My sentiments EXACTLY!

Get Adobe Flash player

Went to a small hot rod and custom bike show awhile ago and entered my SOHC4. Along with a flathead ( best in show), Bosshog, 2 AMF shovels,and a fatbob evo all stock as a rock. The Honda was the only bike that didn't get an award haha. Kinda funny it was the bike that had a circle of people around it all day long.

Last edited by easyspeed; 08-12-2012 at 7:56 AM. Reason: ductapedmypenisbetweenzmybuttcheckzzz

Get Adobe Flash player

This sohc4 won a big award a couple years back.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by swinewerx View Post
    The best thing about jap crap chops are, they are cheap, and if you do everything yourself, then , when an error is made, you just redo that part, or the whole thing! and keep on keepin on! with jap crap bikes, they are very reliable, and usually parts are easy, with american bikes, the parts are a little too high, a dn the motors have been rebuilt by who k nows who, and that usually leads up to a not so good running american bike, unless you get an american motor and other things brand new, and the old stuff is only new through very expensive ways, and that takes the fun out of running a risk when building a different type of bike
    sweet guys. ya ya ya fuck opinions, conformity and all that good stuff, I just think more "jap crap" chops need some recognition. regardless of cost, i dont see why something would win best in show. Had a rad show in p-town not to long ago and there were so many awesome chops, bobs, pans, shovs, etc and even some pretty amazing brit and japs chops. and come awards, best in show whent to a S&S panhead with 0 miles in it. Judge says start em up, he flips the key switch and on it goes, souless. second place was an old ironhead and it was RAD, so im glad he placed. 3rd was a scooter or mini-bike thing, i mean what the hell? oh well its all for good times anyway and i had a blast and was drunk as a skunk. keep rantin!

Get Adobe Flash player

I forgot to mention, I don't enter any of my chops in any of the awards chaser things, I would rather keep riding around the event rather than park it and have everything clean, which I never do as well, that is, clean anything on any of my chops, the dirtier, the better it is riding, and i cannot walk very much, so, riding is a plus!

Get Adobe Flash player

But for real...other than one show Ive never not placed. This is from the hammer in hand show this year...my XS was one of two jap bikes there...the rest were harleys. Do I make bikes to get trophies NOPE! but they sure look good in my shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 496.jpg   495.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

One of the main issues I see with Jap bikes is that they are cheap, so folks build them like they're cheap (i.e. cheaply). There's no harm in that, and truth be told, cheap bikes are often the bikes you have the most fun on. But if you want to win a show, you gotta put in one of two things: Time, or Money. Bolt ons win because honestly, seeing $40,000 worth of hexavalent chrome strapped to an engine and frame is impressive, in that same way that anything over-the-top is impressive.

I saw the sohc4 pictured above at a show. It is actually a CB550 with cylinder block rotated 90 degrees and the entire crank case custom made to turn it into an in-line four with a shaft drive transmission coming out the back. It's 90% custom fabricated. I think I stared at it until my wife literally told me she was bored and wanted to move on (and she's one of the most patient people I know). The craftsmanship that went into it was astounding.

That being said, a Harley chop can put a quarter of that effort into a build and still take first place. It's not fair that we should have to work four times harder to get the same recognition. But I'll tell you what it is: A challenge.

Now go build the most awesome Jap motorcycle the world has ever seen. And Harley guys, I expect you to be pushing the bar even as we race after it. Whatever you make, make it well.
    Last edited by Demoto; 08-14-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Share This