X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theangus
    • Apr 2012

1995 883 New Head Install Questions

Hey guys,

Im installing new heads on my 95' 883 (I started the thread about the broken exhaust stud)

Ive got the entire top end gasket set, head gaskets and intake mainfold gaskets and all.

Im getting everything Monday, and will be installing as soon as I get the stuff. Ive done my research and read the "Phillober's 1250 Conversion thread (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=1122547)" as it has a ton of info and pics.

But im curious if their are any tips, suggestions or instructions you guys have. I have the torque sequence, and know all about the push rod diffrence

The only curiousity I have is the Jugs still have a little touch of color from the old gaskets, but its in no way material, just what I call gasket coloration. LOLOLOL

Thanks guys!
    Attached Files
  • theangus
    • Apr 2012

Forgot the pictures of the actual jugs.

Also, whats the yellow stuff? gasket sealant?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

• dazegoneby
      • Apr 2024

yellow stuff?no clue,copper coat would circle entire gasket area

Comment

• SyndicateChoppers
        • Sep 2011

just clean them of with a wire wheel and some solvent

Comment

• theangus
          • Apr 2012

Bump?

Comment

• hillakilla
            • Apr 2011

the wire wheel/solvent idea is a pretty solid and simple idea. it's probably not necessary (my jugs looked like that and everything is fine), but also isn't that much work to do if you want to for peace of mind.

as far as tips go, i got nothing to add that phillober doesn't cover. some of the bolts on the rear head suck to get to, but you can do it, and it's still way easier than removing the motor from the frame.
            Last edited by hillakilla; 08-06-2012, 1:33 AM. Reason: reread the OP

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;