Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theangus
    • Apr 2012

883 to 1200 conversion

Hey guys. Got a 95 883 and I'm gonna do the 1200 conversion. Curious if any of you have any tips or tricks. Do I have to pull the engine? Or can it all be don't with the case in the frame? Is it worth it? Thanks!!!
    • Jan 2010

You can leave the engine in the frame, I actually think it is easier that way.

It is worth it. I think the biggest bang for your buck is to have your 883 cylinders bored and buy a set of the cast conversion pistons with the dished piston tops. I like the Cometic MLS head gaskets you can buy from NRHS or several other places but I do prefer the James silicone embossed base gaskets over the others.

Unless you have money to burn or are interested in racing, I wouldn't mess with much else. You just won't notice that much of a difference and the cost goes up exponentially in a hurry.

Comment

• hillakilla
      • Apr 2011

search for "phillober's illustrated 1250 thread" on xlforum. it's what i used to do my 1250 conversion. well documented with photos and commentary.

Comment

• TINGLER
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by hillakilla
        search for "phillober's illustrated 1250 thread" on xlforum. it's what i used to do my 1250 conversion. well documented with photos and commentary.
        I looked it up. That's some good info.

.....except for the part where he's putting thread locker on his carb jets.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;