Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mad750
    • Aug 2009

I'll be Colorado the whole month of August. Let me know if there is any place you want me check out and, if need be, heavy hand it.

Comment

• SLICKstripes
      • Nov 2010

You should contact CaliCruiser here on the CC. I'm almost positive that's where he used to work. Maybe he still has contact with them.

Comment

• donmillerx
        • Jun 2012

Thanks again Mad750, I definitely appreciate the support! Any chance you'll be in the Colorado Springs area?
        And Luniz7, thanks for that link man. I'll look into it for sure. Did you have a bad experience with G&L too or have you just heard enough from other guys around the web?

Thanks SlickStripes… I actually did contact Calicruiser (Josh Scott.) Really nice guy, that did work over there for about 3 years but has since moved out of state and started OldSchoolHelmets.
        He said he'd definitely pass on my concerns if he got a hold of Rich but said it's been 6 or 8 months since he's heard anything from him.

I've heard recently from (5) different local, Colorado guys, that the G&L shop isn't even around anymore but actually just got another new message today from somebody else, that claims it's definitely still there, up & running.

I'm not sure what to believe but… after 2+ years of waiting and still no response from Rich… I reluctantly filed a complaint today with the BBB.

Hopefully, now maybe I'll at least get a phone call from him and we can figure this all out.
        It sucks that it had to come to this.

And the wait continues…

Comment

• davidabl
          • Nov 2009

Time to bring in Johnny Law I'd say.

Comment

• mad750
            • Aug 2009

Yes, I'll be in Colorado Springs.

Comment

• scandia
              • Sep 2009

Wow I gotta say I am disappointed to see this happen. I got a hardtail from him two years ago and it is fantastic. I am really sorry to hear this, but a thief is a thief. No excuses. I hope you find him and get everything out of him that you can.

Comment

• calicruiser
                • Aug 2009

please do not contact me in regards to GL choppers. I do not have contact with Rich anymore. nothing bad went down between he and I. I moved out of state and lost touch. really sucks that it went down like this. I worked with him for 3 years on an almost daily basis. we built 22 bikes together and a shit ton of parts. he was a good guy when i worked with him. i know this wont get anyone their cash back and i am sorry i cant do more.

josh

Comment

• BMdeckie
                  • Nov 2010

I just went through all the previous posts and this sure as shit sucks to hear. I sent 3300 bucks to Richard Ford 3 years ago this month for a build and have not heard from him for some time now.

At first the communication was good but slowly slacked off bit by bit. Don Miller and I have been in contact with each other via Email concerning our problem and his story is similar to mine.

I don't even care about the bike anymore, I just want my money back.

I think I will do as most have advised and contact the fuzz when i get back in the states. I still have the copies of the money orders.

Comment

• Jonnycakes
                    • Apr 2024

Tap sent me here?

Comment

• TJBC
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by xbmxxx
                      I tried contacting them multiple times about getting a hardtail. Of about 8 emails I sent I
                      Got one returned saying they couldn't hardtail a kz.

A friend of mine also contacted them multiple times about purchasing one of their rollers and got no response.

I was referenced to them by a Craigslist add I posted looking for a metric shop. I
                      Asked the person if they were still open after my attempts to contact them and he told me they were, and that they were just extremely busy.

they could NOT hardtail a KZ??? really? they make all these frames and whatnot and cant hardtail a KZ??? weird. i hope this dude gets his money back. seriously =( shit like this is bad for their business if they atill have one. then again it might be why they tanked in the first place. lack of honesty.

Comment

• calicruiser
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TJBC
                        they could NOT hardtail a KZ??? really? they make all these frames and whatnot and cant hardtail a KZ??? weird. i hope this dude gets his money back. seriously =( shit like this is bad for their business if they atill have one. then again it might be why they tanked in the first place. lack of honesty.
                        I would say it is more of not WANTING to tail a KZ. . . they are a pain in the ass compared to the xs650. just sayin

Comment

• wahunterinrok
                          • Nov 2009

Just noticed this thread, I live in Colorado Springs, if you want some addresses checked out let me know and Ill cruise around and see

Comment

• Kaveeks
                            • Sep 2011

Damn!

I am sorry to hear about this. I have a 80' that he built for me last August. While he took a while to build it and was hard to get ahold of I did get my bike and am very happy with it. Good luck with everything man

Comment

• donmillerx
                              • Jun 2012

Well, kind of as a last ditch effort, I sent out an email last week to "The Horse" BackStreet Choppers Magazine. They featured G&L back in the July 09' issue… where I first saw them and I asked if they had any recent info regarding the shop.

Jordan Z., editor from The Horse, actually replied and told me that he phoned G&L himself to find out what's going on and miraculously, Rich immediately answered the call.

Supposedly, they spoke at length about where he's been, why he hasn't been building lately and also, about my bike in particular. Rich apparently stated that he's been nursing a shoulder injury but that he's actually working on my bike "right now."

Jordan said he mentioned that I was trying to get a hold of him, gave him my number and told him to give me a call asap to work things out.

I'm not sure if it'll do any good but it was pretty cool of Jordan to give him a call for me and to find out some more info. He seems like stand-up guy and I definitely appreciate the effort.

Still no word from Rich.

-Definitely didn't mean to drag your name into anything Josh. I appreciate you getting back to me and thanks for everything.

Comment

• Gnarly
                                • Jul 2012

Very cool of him indeed! Best of luck.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;