CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default I Got A Speeding Ticket...

For going 33 in a 30. I tried to be nice and respectful but the cop was a dick and still wrote me a ticket.

NHMike

I'd fight that shit ALL day long.

ARBY

No, if the speed limit was 30 and you were going 30 and he gave you a ticket for going 33, that would be classified as being a dick. You, by your own admission, were exceeding the posted limit. Could he have given you a break? Sure, but he chose not to. You chose to exceed the limit, he chose to cite you for it. Sounds even to to me.

NHMike

Quote Originally Posted by ARBY View Post
    No, if the speed limit was 30 and you were going 30 and he gave you a ticket for going 33, that would be classified as being a dick. You, by your own admission, were exceeding the posted limit. Could he have given you a break? Sure, but he chose not to. You chose to exceed the limit, he chose to cite you for it. Sounds even to to me.
    You've gotta be kidding...are you SURE you own a Chopper??? LOL

Get Adobe Flash player

see if you had been doing 45-50 like I do in 30 zone's he might not of even been there while you were riding. you were coasting too close to the posted speed limit. (Yes I do actually do about 40-45 in 30 mph zones, Been hit doing the speed limit twice, never again!!)

HotSnotRocket

Well, I guess us Old guys have a different view. I'm sorry but this is why we (our Country) is so F'ked Up. There no responsibility. Hell, plead Insanity or just make up a good lie. My gas pedal hung up. (Like everybody else) Hell, It Wasn't My Fault.

I understand it's basically unheard of to get a ticked 3 mph over the limit.

Sounds like it Sucks... but Man Up.

Sorry. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm going to fight it and see what happens. When he pullled me over it pretty much went like this..

- Do you know the speed limit on this road sir?

- 30. ( I ride the road everyday so I know it like the back of my hand)

- Do you know how fast you were going?

- Uhhhh 30?

- I clocked you going 33mph, is there a reason you were going that fast?

- No, not really. ( In my mind I was like "ARE FUCKING KIDDING ME!)

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by NHMike View Post
    Haha! Jesus Christ! This proves we will all never agree with each other.

Arby has a shovel. It's not a chopper at all. It has special hoses for sucking off cops and parking meter enforcement jerks.

If you're speeding, you're speeding. But this... Jesus aborted christ....

Our throttles aren't computer controlled by the ZOG machine. There's gonna be some speed fluctuations. Jesus... That's a shitty fucking ticket and it belongs up that stupid cops ass.

Some cities don't even participate in high speed pursuits because of the danger they pose. A cop should not even be wasting his time on 3 mph. I fucking walk faster than 3 mph. If there's one unsolved rape, or missing person, he'd do well to look after that shit instead of writing chicken shit tickets.

Get Adobe Flash player

Does it show on the ticket you were going 33? Post the ticket(blocking any personal info you dont want seen) And all 33ers should throw in a couple bucks. Ill gift you $5 if other people jump in too. You have to pay it and show proof though or you will be black balled. Oh and it had to had been while riding a motorcycle.

NHMike

Quote Originally Posted by CRFyou View Post
    Haha! Jesus Christ! This proves we will all never agree with each other.
    I think we can ALL agree that I'm one SEXY motherfucker.

Get Adobe Flash player

Is this a joke? 33 sounds a little familiar. Haha

Get Adobe Flash player

regardless if i like arby, i dont agree with him. at-least not in this case.
    you cant (i dont care who you are) feel the difference between 30 and 33mph.
    so you weren't doing this 3mph difference intentionally. hell if you were doing
    27mph would he have written you a citation for impeding traffic? probably.

3mph... you ought to be ashamed of yourself. you criminal you.
    once again the badge has been inappropriately used to harass the public.

NHMike

Quote Originally Posted by xl1200s View Post
    regardless if i like arby, i dont agree with him. at-least not in this case.
    you cant (i dont care who you are) feel the difference between 30 and 33mph.
    so you weren't doing this 3mph difference intentionally. hell if you were doing
    27mph would he have written you a citation for impeding traffic? probably.

3mph... you ought to be ashamed of yourself. you criminal you.
    once again the badge has been inappropriately used to harass the public.
    Not to mention that his Speedo COULD have been reading 30, all the while travelling a bit faster.

I get pulled over all the time. Pigs being used for traffic violations is fucking ridiculous. They're just trying to gather funds for whatever City/Town they belong to. They should be used for something FAR more appropriate, like target practice.

rodbuster86

Wow....dinged for 3 over. I get the take responsibility bit but 33 in a 30!?! That's ridiculous.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by bonesxl1100 View Post
    Is this a joke? 33 sounds a little familiar. Haha
    I wish it was, the ticket isnt that expensive I just don't want it to jack up my insurance.

Get Adobe Flash player

what a cocksucker...fight it, you'll win for all he knows his radar gun could be off 3mph or like mike said your speedo...cops around here don't fuck with you unless your doing 10 or so mph over and even then they don't that often...my streets 35mph and people cruise down it at a cool 50mph all day every day..

aaronc

A 3 over ticket is fucking stupid and a waste of time and resources.

Get Adobe Flash player

Dude. ARBY. Level with us. Are you or are you not a law enforcement officer????? we like, totally gotta know man!

ARBY

Quote Originally Posted by NHMike View Post
    Yep and when I was a kid in 1969 I got a ticket at 3am on my '51 when a cop at an intersection saw me coming, jumped ahead to hit the tripper and change the light right at the point where I couldn't stop in time. But I didn't whine. I didn't question why he did what he did. I simply said, "This is the business we have chosen." I was just happy he didn't pat me down!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by randommayhem View Post
    I wish it was, the ticket isnt that expensive I just don't want it to jack up my insurance.
    Ah.....
    But will that copper feel like showing up to court over a BS 3 over ticket?

A lot of times cops will pull you over for the dumb stuff(license plate light, not signaling your turn soon enough, 33 in a 30) just to see if you've been drinking or have drugs or whatever. Especially in the witching hour.

Maybe he's seen you zipping down the road too fast before and wanted to pop you then.
    Teenagers have a way of driving like idiots and not even knowing it. "What's tailgating?"
    "Why did that biker wave at me and turn right?" "That lady should have known I was gonna turn left."
    "But I had the right of way!" and other dumb crap I've heard young drivers say.

Not saying your a bad driver, and yeah it's stupid you got pulled over. It IS nearing the end of the month.

Not trying to be a jerk....but technically 3 over is 3 over. You could fight it and say "Oh I wanna see records of his radar calibration" or claim your speedo was off (depends on how you feel about being a liar...in court=Perjury."

Or tak it as a reason to not like cops and talk about how one time one cop was a total jerk to you when he pulled you over for speeding just a little bit.

To keep it off your record and insurance down.............
    Ask for court supervision.
    At your age it'll help a lot as far as insurance goes.

Share This