Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MNicholson
    • Apr 2012

Vintage riding glasses

I'd been looking for them for a while and these popped up at a reasonable price...

Last edited by MNicholson; 07-16-2012, 2:43 PM.
  • 2011FXDWG
    • Dec 2010

Have you seen the DIE HIPSTER DIE thread in the Junkpile?? That store is what the thread is about.

Comment

• KurseD
      • Apr 2010

I've got some of these glasses stashed away from when my pops used to do millwright work in the local factories. Even have some that are green with light green tinted lenses. I used to play with them as a kid, dunno how they ended up stashed in a box, but that's funny to see someone think they're "in style" now.

Comment

• SingSing
        • Apr 2024

A bit too Willy B "Hipster" for me.. maybe with a pair of "skinny jeans" and pointy shoes and top it off with a fedora to complete the look.

Comment

• gonzoguilt
          • Apr 2024

I had a pair like that, more aviator styled though. When they arrived at the shop, I tried em on in the bathroom and looked like a complete chomo. Gave those away right quick.

Comment

• JimmyBK
            • Apr 2012

I had a dope par of these in high school, but i only wore them in Chemistry class while i was mixing poisons and shit. Outside of chem class they are silly.

Comment

• Branner
              • Mar 2011

What about KD's?

Comment

• Spade115
                • May 2010

an old buddy of mines likes those for riding in the light green tint and cant find any.

Id go with KD's can be bought for 5-10 bucks or buy a pair of locs at your flea market for 5 bucks.

Comment

• McFonzarelli
                  • Aug 2010

I had a pair of those in boot camp, they handed out as eye protection for the range.
                  To each is own man, but they cut off your peripheral vision.

Comment

• some1else
                    • Jun 2011

best worn with steel toe boots W/metatarsel shields on them.wtf is he saying ?

Comment

• Jonnycakes
                      • Apr 2024

As a leader in high visibility, Full Source offers an extensive selection of safety vests from quality name brands. Add your company name or logo starting at 99¢ per print.

$8.50..............

Comment

• btalley63
                        • Apr 2024

Depends on how wide your face is.

I have a set of these from when I was a machinist. They used to make these in different sizes and different ear lengths. I guess I was a little thinner back then but they now leave imprints around my eyes and back to my ears. I cant wear them long without looking like a raccoon.

Comment

• punkrod
                          • Jul 2011

Mr. Plischke used to wear those in my Jr. High metal shop back in the early 80's. I remember him walking up during one of our grinder fights and say "Bad scene dudes... Eddie Briggs." Referring to one of the 1950's safety films we watched. Eddie Briggs was a machinist or something of that nature and he forgot to put his safety glasses on while using a big disk sander so he got a piece of metal in his eye. The film showed his eye surgery to remove the metal sliver which was pretty grusome from what I remember.
                          Good times!

Comment

• Allen
                            • Apr 2024

I think it's a stretch to call those glasses "vintage riding glasses."

JP...

Comment

• MetulMunky
                              • Nov 2011

best safety glasses ever are my s-7 glasses... as safety glasses. i wear regular sunglasses when i ride, or wraparound style for riding.
                              Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;