Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Townson
    • May 2012

thats pretty sweet james. i liked the way the tank shifter looked actually, but im sure the jockey is alot less of a hassle to get to while you're riding.

Comment

• Blackbetty
      • Apr 2011

Jockey shift / foot clutch man. I love this setup, hand slammin gears is fucking FUN.

Comment

• Townson
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Blackbetty
        Jockey shift / foot clutch man. I love this setup, hand slammin gears is fucking FUN.

post a close up if ya got one

Comment

• Iamtheonlyreal1
          • Jul 2010

I have worked out away to make the (Side Car) mount bracket on the upper down tube, work for a sort of Tank Mount/Jockey Shift.. I have been working on it for awhile, and set it aside for awhile, and started going back and forth with the idea.. I think it will fit the mechanical look of the bike, and it seems to function very well, but I am wondering if it is too much. It will be a Jockey Shift with the regular handle bar lever clutch, but it will still be able to shift with the regular shifter foot peg, so you get both worlds there.. I was thinking I may need to sort out some sort of Jockey quick disconnect, so you are not moving the handle back and forth if you are shifting with your foot.

Here are some pics, but please excuse the unfinished pieces, and I have not sized the length of the lever either. I have not taken the time to finish grind, cut, and weld everything, because I am not sure I am actually going to use it.. If I should use it, the lever handle will be painted and leather wrapped, just like I am planning for the hand grips, foot pegs, center stand pegs.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 07-09-2012, 8:21 PM.

Comment

• Townson
            • May 2012

as long as it's not too heavy it should be fine. if its heavy then when you go over a bump it could pop your bike down a gear or up or whatever.

Comment

• Iamtheonlyreal1
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Townson
              as long as it's not too heavy it should be fine. if its heavy then when you go over a bump it could pop your bike down a gear or up or whatever.
              I am going to take a bit out of the length, so I think that will help. I am only going to add a small ring and a small ball at the end, to give the leather wrap a place to stop.. Again, I am not sure I am going to use it, but I think it does fit the bikes look, but I need make sure it isnt going to rattle or bounce around. The linkage system and bushing feel pretty good, and it shifts through the gears smoothly not running, so I think everything would work just fine.

Comment

• Townson
                • May 2012

hopefully it'll turn out good. im still scheming about how im going to do mine lol. haven't even started on it yet.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Townson
                  hopefully it'll turn out good. im still scheming about how im going to do mine lol. haven't even started on it yet.
                  A buddy of mine snagged a bunch of those arms from work for me.
                  He just told me/ showed me about them last night. Lightweight aluminum "I-beam" arms. What looks like a kickstart hole on the bottom. Lemme know if you'd be interested in something like that.
                  Last edited by Bandersnatch; 07-09-2012, 9:39 PM.

Comment

• Townson
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Bandersnatch

A buddy of mine snagged a bunch of those arms from work for me.
                    He just told me/ showed me about them last night. Lightweight aluminum "I-beam" arms. What looks like a kickstart hole on the bottom. Lemme know if you'd be interested in something like that.
                    indeed i would good sir. we have a few of those things where i work. they're used for clamping down straps and other bullshit lol. how much you want for one of em?

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                      • Dec 2011

Lemme get them in my posession so I can snap some pics and give you a choice.
                      Most likely let one of them go for a twelver +shipping(I'll find out the exactlies if you are interested).
                      Also, I polish metal.....so If you want it mirror shiney for a lil more cheese lemme know.

Coincidentally, I run/maintain and repair 4 MHT80 Signode custom built strap machines and use this badboy for "corrections".....

Sidenote: I run banding machines downstairs from the marshaling area in a brick factory. I ought times deliberately go out of my way to be a nuisance to some of my fellow workers for the sake of entertainment.
                      Hence Bandersnatch.

PPS>
                      Oddly enough I wanted to post an image of an MHT80........
                      lol
                      Last edited by Bandersnatch; 07-09-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Blackbetty
                        • Apr 2011

Shifter is 1/2" with a bakelite knob...we lopped off the stock splined pinch bolt off the factory shift pedal and welded it up to the 1/2". We welded the threaded shoulder of a bolt to accept the shift knob.

Foot clutch is a modified worm gear mechanism blacksmithhbilly made for me. Mids are tarozzi, linkages are mcmaster bits.

Last edited by Blackbetty; 07-10-2012, 7:50 AM.

Comment

• Townson
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                          Lemme get them in my posession so I can snap some pics and give you a choice.
                          Most likely let one of them go for a twelver +shipping(I'll find out the exactlies if you are interested).
                          Also, I polish metal.....so If you want it mirror shiney for a lil more cheese lemme know.

Coincidentally, I run/maintain and repair 4 MHT80 Signode custom built strap machines and use this badboy for "corrections".....

Sidenote: I run banding machines downstairs from the marshaling area in a brick factory. I ought times deliberately go out of my way to be a nuisance to some of my fellow workers for the sake of entertainment.
                          Hence Bandersnatch.

PPS>
                          Oddly enough I wanted to post an image of an MHT80........
                          lol
                          http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...x=wrt&y=Search

aight man let me know. im also waiting to hear back from livingdeadmc about some footpegs i asked him to make me. im gonna be broke lol

Comment

• tradarcher
                            • Jul 2010

For custom Harley Sportster parts check out http://lowbrowcustoms.com/http://alpracingdesign.com/Custom bobber motorcycle with handmade components such as st...

Comment

• rooster52478
                              • Aug 2010

Everybody seems to love this bike so much. I don't see why. Shifting like that is sketchy and cheating. Maybe if you didn't have a left foot but other than that run a foot clutch.

On a side note, this was the 2nd video in the related videos. It just so happens to be some local guys from here in town. They used to ride this thing all over, up to bike nights and stuff.

Comment

• Townson
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by rooster52478
                                Everybody seems to love this bike so much. I don't see why. Shifting like that is sketchy and cheating. Maybe if you didn't have a left foot but other than that run a foot clutch.

On a side note, this was the 2nd video in the related videos. It just so happens to be some local guys from here in town. They used to ride this thing all over, up to bike nights and stuff.

yeah, the shifter on that harley is fuckin gay and so is pretty much everything else about it. i dont mind the shifter mounted clutches though really as long as the shifter is in front of you. and your video is funny as shit lol

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;