CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default How to: Jockey shift V star

]I've gotten a few messages about how I did this on my V star so I figured I would slap a thread on up here, If it helps you, great, if not, fuck it, oh well!

For the clutch all I did was take my old clutch cable, cut the cable and the housing and used the stock bracket as an anchor. I then drilled a hole in my brake pedal and bolted on a MTB caliper arm to the pedal. fastened the cable to it, fucked around with the best place to put it to get a wide friction zone and BAM, good to go!
    [/SIZE]

For the shifter I went to the local indy bike shop, found a shift linkage in the bin that was nice and long, bent it up and bolted it to a metal rod. Bent the metal rod up and JB welded a threaded rod in the end for a shift knob, haven't found one locally that wasn't bag of a hundred dicks gay, so I glued on a stress reliever hand grenade I got from my unit

So there it is, hope it helped someone if not oh well. Oh and here is the standard gratuitous full shot of my bike, just cuz I'm the one doing the fuckin thread,

livingdeadmc

I'm trying to get a little parts line going...
    I've made some jockey shift knobs and would be down to send you one on the house in trade for some pics and a review. Not the the grenade isn't sweet lol.

Here's a couple I've done. One all aluminum and one with a hand tooled leather inlay. Hope this isn't weird, I just figure the easiest/quickest way to get a name out there is to give some shit away.

they are tapped for a 3/8ths 16 thread, which is pretty common...

Get Adobe Flash player

Hell yea I would be down for that!!!! At least let me cover shipping Your work is pretty sweet!

livingdeadmc

If you want one of the ones pictured above just let me know and I'll ship it out ASAP. They are 1" in diameter and 4" long and tapped to accept a 1" long 3/8ths 16 bolt or stud. (the clip on the end just pops out and the tag is made to become a key chain)

Ill cover the cost, again all I ask in return is give me your thoughts on it. I need the good and the bad so I can start to nail down a solid product line. If you could take some nice pics of the installed shifter that would be great! And...if you dig it and someone ask's about it....just send em my way lol.

PM me your addy and what shifter you want...

Get Adobe Flash player

Just got a shifter knob from LivingdeadMC on here an this thing is tits!!! I ended up making a new shifter rod just to do this thing justice! It is super high quality and nice and light. feels great when jamming through the gears, awesome product and I would highly recomend it to anyone!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by wahunterinrok View Post
    Just got a shifter knob from LivingdeadMC on here an this thing is tits!!! I ended up making a new shifter rod just to do this thing justice! It is super high quality and nice and light. feels great when jamming through the gears, awesome product and I would highly recomend it to anyone!!!

the new set up looks great man. that shift knob is badass.

livingdeadmc

Looks killer bro! Glad you dig it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks great!!! Can't wait to get home and start on mine!

Get Adobe Flash player

Cool write up man. Now I just gotta get off my lazy ass and get mine done.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you look at the next to last pic you'll see that I changed out my cable housing for a steel tube that started life as a brake line, works alot better since there is no housing flex to contend with.

Get Adobe Flash player

Redid the cable again, put a turnbuckle on it to give me some adjustment. Just finished swapping out the shock for a rigid strut!

Get Adobe Flash player

The new clutch cable

livingdeadmc

Quote Originally Posted by wahunterinrok View Post
    The new clutch cable
    Looking good man!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadmc View Post
    Looking good man!
    It's the shift knob that really sets it off!

livingdeadmc

Hah!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

Trying to bring this thread to life...im New to the site and have been looking at set ups to convert my 2000 Honda Shadow 1100 to a foot clutch/ jockey shifter..this is the closest to something im interested in thus far...Thanks TheYetti.

livingdeadmc, you still making those shift knobs?

Thank you for the wright up. What you'v done looks great. And i bet is alot of fun to operate.

Iv been interested in doing something similar on my 1100 vstar custom 1999. And iv been trying to research my options.

Id like to keep my toekick shifter and keep left handlebar clutch all the same.
    And simply add an additional short jockey shift bar located tightly behind the left leg, No clutch on it. So only able to use jockey with properly timed rpms.

Reasons for this up grade,
    1.while feet are on highway pegs they can stay there while you grab gears.
    2. Very little modifications to bike.
    3.still being able to use original controlls.

I myself am no mechanic by anymeans!!! I change oil and thats about it. Your opinion would be greatly Appreciated. Id be interested in purchasing mod kits you may have to offer. Also advertising your company.

Thanks for reading brother. Ride on.
    Last edited by bryson; 06-11-2018 at 6:01 PM.

Share This